DIY Thread Organiser

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

BizzieLizzie

DIY Thread Organiser

Post by BizzieLizzie »

I'm trying to make a DIY thread organiser by printing the chart symbols onto a piece of fabric and sticking my pre-threaded needles in it. Here's a picture so you can see what I mean (for some reason I couldn't get it the right way up):

On the whole it's working well but as you can see, the threads are hopelessly tangled and it's driving me nuts :tantrum: . Have any of you tried something similar? Any tips on how to stop the threads from tangling so much? I suppose part of the problem is the number of symbols for the chart, which can't be helped, but I'm sure someone somewhere must have come across this problem before and found a solution. Any advice gratefully received! :D
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

wendywombat

Re: DIY Thread Organiser

Post by wendywombat »

I have p/m'd you. :D
country lass

Re: DIY Thread Organiser

Post by country lass »

Hi we had this question the other day re Dimensions kits. Several of us card the threads. I use back/front of cereal packet most times. I have hole punch to make holes, I then number threads on chart from 1-20 or 1-46, whatever & number the holes the same. I then take bundle of each thread, cut those in half & put it on a hole. I have sometimes added symbol from chart by each number as well - on large piece of card there is enough room to do that.

I am on lakeside village at the moment & have 36 colours, 5 of which have very large amounts of thread so I use 2 holes for those colours. You can work out beforehand where you need to do that.

Think the question is under heading - for Dimensions kits users how do you cope with the long threads - there are several replies as well as mine.

Edit, My post crossed with another wondered why it took longer to get through.
Daisy :D