Chat box

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

nannyrainbow

Chat box

Post by nannyrainbow »

Why is that Chat Box tucked away.

I thought usual conversation was done in General. Other forums have had Good Morning/ or Morning All topic as a sticky & we conversed via that. Some members here have tried to start dialogue, Nicola Main did several months ago but that died out. Strange to have chat/natter put somewhere else.
Del
wendywombat

Re: Chat box

Post by wendywombat »

It's a Live Chat and rather underused :cry:
If you look on the Board Index page at the 'Chat Box' you can see who's 'on-line' Pop a message as Serinde and Garnet did and we had a 3 way chat-about. It's just a bit of fun really and nice to know that there are other members of the Forum 'out there' :whoop:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The Chat box is on the top page menu of the forum. You might have to scroll down, but it's right there. Not used a lot, unfortunately, but every now and again (like today between WendyWombat, myself and Garnet) there's a conversation going on. I think it might tend to be overlooked because members are busy commenting on threads, which is obviously great, too. But do use it! :king:
brightflowers

Post by brightflowers »

Oh, thank you for telling about this (Glad topic was raised) as i think it nice to chat & have a laugh. Makes life more fun esp in winter. We have this in a knitting group belong but I've not been on for a while, but it was great :D :D . They changed whole webpage lay out & quite a few could not get to grips with it, me included. It worked well the old way so no one knows why it was changed.
Jo :D
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

I found the chatbox quite by accident, I had pressed the back button too many times and it took me to the homepage (?) and I scrolled down to click on view new posts (forgot I could also do that from the top :doh: ) and as I was looking around the lovely Serinde offered me a :coffee:
WemdyWombat joined in too an we all had a three-way chat, it was fun, and it was the first time for me, hopefully I will meet someone else there again.

Do try it when another member is on the boards, it's fun. :dance:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

We did have a great chat, didn't we! I'll look out for you again. :D :dance: