Stashmas 2018: And what did you get for Stashmas?

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Stashmas 2018: And what did you get for Stashmas?

Post by Serinde »

This is the thread to post pics of your Stashmas goodies and to thank your Stashmas person. :snowman:
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Stashmas 2018: And what did you get for Stashmas?

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Have opened my present and it's gorgeous :whoop: but I have to go out and can't post pics yet :-( - soon, soon!!!!!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Here I am after a super busy day.

Inkysloth "Robin" thank you so very much for the interesting pair of knitting needles you sent me. I have seen them occasionally but never in use so it will be a learning curve for me come the autmn (March/April) when it will be cool enough to do more knitting and

:whoop: what a beautiful hand stitched butterfly brooch included in the package. It is gorgeous and oh so beautifully stitched.
I loved your card too, so different and colourful. Thank you so very much for brightening my lunch time :) which is when I realised it was
1st December today. :)

PS in case you are wondering why it took me so long to remember it is Stasmas Day - the Stocking is all but finished!!!!!! It is oh so close to being washed ironed and put together. :) Truly a momentous day.
Last edited by Squirrel on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

My lovely Stashmas was so thoughtful, as you can see, all things Colorado (with a bit of Wyoming thrown in for good measure!): gorgeous threads, specifically selected because their names suggested local themes; the cutest Christmas tree project, with all the fabric and special buttons to complete it; and a most interesting explanation (plus another little design!) of Wyoming's "Bucking Horse and Rider". Now I was vaguely aware of this because my sister went to university at... Wyoming! :dance: Thank you so much for my lovely Stashmas, Debby. I'll enjoy using and creating with the threads and designs, and always think of YOU! :snowman:

dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

I got the cutest Wrendale Owl coaster and card, a Delft Blue Scottish bookmark, dmc Coloris kit w/a few var. threads for it, and the biggest chocolate bar I've seen in a long time. lol Thanks, Nicola!

Last edited by dawn0621 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram
Mabel Figworthy

Lovely presents all - Dawn I can see yours when I click on the link so that's OK!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: What a wonderful Stashmas this is! Thank you so much Dawn for my lovely gifts. And as you can see
Miss Laverne thanks you too for choosing the Lizzie Kate projects and the beautiful cat magnet!
After providing some treats to get her off the table so the rest of you can see:
The threads and needles are always welcome and I hate wrapping gifts (I'm terrible at it) so the gift bag design comes just in time!

Thank you again, Dawn!! :wub: :wub:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

The lovely Kuschelschaf (I do :wub: your Forum name!) sent me a card with tulips, which made me feel very Dutch :-), a sweet Stoney Creek design of a beehive, four beautifully soft Au Ver a Soie silks, and two gorgeous pieces of hand-dyed 28ct Fabric, a soft green and an absolutely stunning bright dark pink (if that makes sense); I was about to call it "shocking pink" but I looked it up and this is a warmer shade, but equally bold and Making A Statement :-) ! I'm going to take it with me on my visit to Holland next week for a Hardanger travel project.

And then there was a separate present from Radar and Darth Kitty - beautifully sharp scissors with cats on them. Lexi approves! (What you see in the photograph is her expression of wild enthusiasm. Yes, she is a laid-back cat.)

WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:Have opened my present and it's gorgeous :whoop: but I have to go out and can't post pics yet :-( - soon, soon!!!!!
Aww it's okay!! Sorry about the Star Wars wrapping paper :lol: Holiday paper wasn't out yet, so it was either Star Wars, baby, or wedding. :lol: :lol: @rotfl:
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
Mabel Figworthy

The paper seemed very appropriate for a present from Darth Kitty (my husband thinks that's the best name for a cat EVER :-) )
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

rcperryls wrote::whoop: :whoop: :whoop: What a wonderful Stashmas this is! Thank you so much Dawn for my lovely gifts. And as you can see
Miss Laverne thanks you too for choosing the Lizzie Kate projects and the beautiful cat magnet!
After providing some treats to get her off the table so the rest of you can see:
The threads and needles are always welcome and I hate wrapping gifts (I'm terrible at it) so the gift bag design comes just in time!

Thank you again, Dawn!! :wub: :wub:

Carole
:dance:
I had fun finding that stuff, and was so thrilled when my favorite Etsy shop had cat needleminders that look like her! lol So glad you're both happy. Happy STashmas
Dawn
Italian Vista
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

poppy

Post by poppy »

I do feel spoilt! :whoop:

Carole sent me 3 wonderful wildlife booklets. All the designs are so cute, I want to stitch them all. Included in my beautiful wrapped parcel were also two large pieces of fabric (one is 28 Count in White and the other is a beautiful pink one, 25 Count) and also some petite needles! I have never actually seen Petite needles before and am eager to try them this afternoon. :)
The message "What Is Beautiful Is A Joy For All Season" (Oscar Wilde) is printed on the special card, featuring 2 Downy Woodpeckers, which are native to Northern America.

Thank you so much, Carole! :wub: :wub:

Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Ciors

Post by Ciors »

Thank you so much, Ajay, for my beautiful gifts! I've never worked with linen, silk, or satin before so they'll be an adventure for sure. I adore the colours too. Thank you! :whoop:
Ciorstaidh :)

Current WIP:
- Blue Moon Moose
- Nightmare Before Christmas (Haunted Mansion)
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

So glad you like all your gifts Dawn! :whoop:

Serinde thank you so much for all my lovely Stashmas gifts they are all gorgeous! Such a beautiful detailed card and lovely hanging decoration! Cute little card and Mabel's scissors are so handy I love them! :hug:

Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

Sally (aka Squirrel) gave me the most beautiful Stashmas gifts! :wub:
I got a chart of Australian birds and a cute Home Tweet Home chart as well (I am itching to start that kookaburra already) and the most beautiful hand dyed evenweave fabric! She also gave me some beautiful varigated floss and an adorable hand stitched card!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thank you so much Sally!!! I absolutely love everything!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

poppy wrote:I do feel spoilt! :whoop:

and also some petite needles! I have never actually seen Petite needles before and am eager to try them this afternoon. :)
I swear by those needles! I do hope you enjoy them!!! :)
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Nicola Main wrote:So glad you like all your gifts Dawn! :whoop:

Serinde thank you so much for all my lovely Stashmas gifts they are all gorgeous! Such a beautiful detailed card and lovely hanging decoration! Cute little card and Mabel's scissors are so handy I love them! :hug:

So glad you like it all. Oh, and you'll find that -- should you wish -- you can use the little bit of hardanger as a scissor fob on Mabel's scissors. :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

poppy wrote:I do feel spoilt! :whoop:

Carole sent me 3 wonderful wildlife booklets. All the designs are so cute, I want to stitch them all. Included in my beautiful wrapped parcel were also two large pieces of fabric (one is 28 Count in White and the other is a beautiful pink one, 25 Count) and also some petite needles! I have never actually seen Petite needles before and am eager to try them this afternoon. :)
The message "What Is Beautiful Is A Joy For All Season" (Oscar Wilde) is printed on the special card, featuring 2 Downy Woodpeckers, which are native to Northern America.

Thank you so much, Carole! :wub: :wub:

I’m so glad you like your gifts. I received my first petite needles in a Stashmas gift and have never used any others since then. It is a great help when I’m trying to stretch a thread to get that one last stitch in a color block.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

I think I'm addicted to petite needles now. The regulars feel weird after using them.

Those scissors are really cute!
Dawn
Italian Vista
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

dawn0621 wrote:I think I'm addicted to petite needles now. The regulars feel weird after using them.
I agree about the petite needles. Regulars are hard for me to use now I'm used to the petites. And I absolutely agree with Mabel's DH. Darth Kitty is a wonderful name. Does he or she live up to it?

Carole
:D
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat