Greetings from Sweden!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Talythia

Greetings from Sweden!

Post by Talythia »

Hi there!

I'm Taly, long-time dabbler in various crafts. I actually joined this forum four years ago, but I was dabbling too much (and moving to a different country!) to concentrate purely on cross-stitch at that time.

I knit, crochet, do beadwork and a teeny bit of sewing, but here it's cross-stitch that's the thing, of course.

I've been doing cross-stitching, on and off, since I was little. A great auntie of mine used to do a lot of little cross stitch projects, often as gifts, and my Mum did some at the time too, so I got started on the teeny kit projects that my Mum used to get free with some cross-stitch magazine or other.

I did some larger things of my own, and finished off a project of my Mum's, but then I got into other crafts like beadwork and knitting and my cross-stitch box went undisturbed for a few years.

I finished off my Mum's butterfly piece after she lost interest in cross-stitch. The hedgehog/mouse was all my own work. The kitten was started in my early teens and abandoned in a desk drawer for nearly 20 years until I moved from the UK to Sweden and it got unearthed and I decided to finish it. Poor thing had a needle left in it, hence the rusty mark :doh: All need washing before I can do anything with them, I'm ashamed to say :oops:

I got back into doing cross-stitch when my younger brother started producing sprogs - four so far! All have had birth samplers made for them, though the first was done in a different style kit to the others, and I had a bad habit of not taking pictures of almost any before handing them over to my brother for framing.

I have collected a load of kits and patterns, mostly fantasy-themed, that I'm trying to get through. Two years ago, and after two years of on-off work, I completed the Dimensions Gold Fall Fairy kit.

Wow, that was a tough one! I also have Dimensions Spring Fairy, Woodland Enchantress (I really wish they'd also do the summer fairy from the same artist to complete a season-type set!), and Scarlet Wizard, plus Dimensions Charts & Charms sets A Mythical Dragon, Midnight Enchanter, Alluring Sorceress, and Each Dawn A New Day. Bucilla's Planetarius rounds out my kit collection, plus I have two patterns I need to get the materials for, but I think the kits should come first!

As you can see, I'm getting to the point where my 'to-do' list will easily take 10 years, since I'm not a fast stitcher! I do cross-country, since I just can't get my head around the parking method, and I like making the back as neat as possible too.

I've given up on a Winter Fairy kit from Design Works once I realised that they had put several completely wrong colours in the kit, the morons :x I have just finished Lavender & Lace's Celtic Spring after about 9 month's work and several knitting and crochet projects interrupting me.

I love seeing other people's progress pics and posts. Unfortunately, my current project seems to only be the subject of such scrutiny by Russian stitchers, boo. I'm hoping I can find active members on here who have done some of the same kits and patterns I have coming up! I'd love to see what advice I can get :D
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Greetings from Sweden!

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Lovely works, and I'm sure all the other crafts you do just feed into each other and make each one of them richer!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Welcome back to the forum and thank you so much for sharing your beautiful stitching!!! Very nice!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Talythia

Post by Talythia »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:Lovely works, and I'm sure all the other crafts you do just feed into each other and make each one of them richer!
Nahh, I'm a pattern-follower, I'm not very good at synthesizing crafts together to make my own designs. I have a hard enough time picking my own colour yarns for knitting! But I enjoy what I do make, I just love seeing tiny things - stitches and beads - come together to make something beautiful :wub:
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Beautiful work. I love the kitten, but then I would.
You've obviously very talented. Fantastic finishes.

I'm glad you have decided to join in the forum and show everyone just how good you are.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome back to the forum from South Carolina! Like Richard, I love your kitten but I pretty much love all things feline! I also love the mythical and the fantasy designs as well as those featuring cats. I think the projects you have shown us are absolutely beautiful and I am really looking forward to seeing what you are now working on.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It's lovely to see you once more! We may have to have a party in the Stash & Grab... :dance: We also have a whole thread dedicated to all the other creative things our members do when not cross-stitching, so I hope you do share those with us, too. :D
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave: You have done some very beautiful projects :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

WOW what an awesome mass of beautiful stitching you have amassed. I love them all and would hate to have to chose a favourite as I love them all for various reasons. :wave: So delighted you have come back online.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Talythia

Post by Talythia »

rcperryls wrote::wave: Hello and welcome back to the forum from South Carolina! Like Richard, I love your kitten but I pretty much love all things feline! I also love the mythical and the fantasy designs as well as those featuring cats. I think the projects you have shown us are absolutely beautiful and I am really looking forward to seeing what you are now working on.

Carole
:dance:
The kitten kit was a weird gift for me, actually - I'd never had a cat until I moved here to Sweden to live with my then-fiance and his little cat Myran. I was always a dog person before, but Myran is just the sweetest (and most teasing-tolerant!) cat :wub: :wub: Our next cat may very well look a little like that kitten though - a Burmilla (Burmese/Chinchilla Persian cross), though not until Myran is no longer with us, as she hates other cats with a passion!
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado. Your finishes are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing,
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Helo and Welcome Back to the forum :wave:

Your projects are all lovely.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Welcome back! :wave:
So many lovely finishes! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
I love Celtic Spring and the Fall Fairy in particular.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wavesback: Welcome back!
Love the Kitty! :applesauce:
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Welcome back to the Forum! I like all your works.

Happy stitching!
Lyudmila
Coffee-n-Cupcakes

Post by Coffee-n-Cupcakes »

Welcome back! And lovely works!!
:coffee: :cake: