LoveCrafts

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

CuriousKitty

LoveCrafts

Post by CuriousKitty »

So I got an email yesterday from LoveCrafts letting me know that they took on some of SewandSew's inventory and included a coupon to shop with them- so check your emails! I took a quick look around the site, no fabric it seems for sale. It's a bit limited, mostly kits and thread it seems. Only hoops- no other types of frames.

My link of course, is the US version:
https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-us/
As many of you will have heard, SewandSo closed its doors for the final time last month. It's incredibly sad to see such a well-loved company within our community come to an end. We know you'll miss them so much.

It was important for SewandSo to find a new home for its lovely stitchers. Whilst we're unable to continue the brand as you know it, we hope you'll be pleased to hear that we've taken on some of SewandSo's stash, so you can continue your craft journey here at LoveCrafts.com.

We want you to have the best experience, so we'd really appreciate your nuggets of wisdom. Anything you loved at SewandSo, or would like to see here, please share your thoughts, we'd love to hear from you.

We imagine you'll still have some questions, so we’ve put together some handy FAQs and you can find out a little more about us here. Most importantly, we’d like to welcome you to our warm, happy family of makers, we can't wait to get to know you better!
And how I got this email:
The legal bit

P.S. Why am I receiving this email? When Lovecrafts acquired assets of the SewandSo business from F & W Media International Limited we also acquired the customer database on which your details are stored so any personal data which SewandSo previously held has now been transferred to us.

We take personal data very seriously. If you would like to find out more about the way we collect, hold and process your personal data, you can read our Privacy Notice and cookies policy. You can also contact us at any time by emailing us at: info@lovecrafts.com, and remember you can unsubscribe at any time! Our full company details are set out below.
luv2craft2

Re: LoveCrafts

Post by luv2craft2 »

I have just come on here to report this new email received as I was on Sewandso's email list. I only quickly read it, have not pursued it so far. I wondered if any one else had received the same. I didn't know my info could be passed to another company, maybe it was in the small print & I didn't see it.
Lynette :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I also received the email. Don't remember exactly what it said, but I must have gotten one because I also took a tour of their website. While there wasn't a lot of cross stitch/embroidery there, I did like their customer service focus (at least what they say they do). I would imagine that if the sales are good they will expand their inventory. Looks like they have a base here as well as in the UK so I'm keeping on eye on them.

Lynette, I guess when one company buys another one, everything is acquired. That would include customer databases. It's probably one of those items in privacy policies that I for one rarely, if ever, read.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

rcperryls wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:34 pm I guess when one company everything is acquired. That would include customer databases.
Yup! With the Walgreens / Rite Aid merger we got everything. Records, rewards cards switched over, email lists, prescriptions that weren't in our inventory database (and that's a huge loss since they can't be sold) even old RX records that didn't apply to us. It's definitely a curious process
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
luv2craft2

Post by luv2craft2 »

Thanks for replies. Will have to wait & see if they do come good.
Lynette :D