Fox in broad daylight

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

poppy

Fox in broad daylight

Post by poppy »

In Surrey, we see foxes walking around in broad daylight. They are not even scared of us. This is the one I saw yesterday on the way to the shops in the morning.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Squirrel

Re: Fox in broad daylight

Post by Squirrel »

He is gorgeous. Well Done Poppy for getting such a lovely photo of him. As far as I know we don't have foxes in Aus which is sad as they are magnificent creatures..
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Sahari

Post by Sahari »

That's one handsome fox, Poppy.

My across the street neighbor has a fox come visit him every morning at 5:30 on the dot for some doggie kibble. They have a very strange voice (the fox, not the neighbor). We would hear this strangled, almost wretching sound while on our nocturnal walks and were quite mystified until one time we saw a fox run across the road ahead. Then I looked up fox sounds online and Yessirree, there it was!

They are wonderful creatures, foxes.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

How kind of him to pose so nicely for you :-) !
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Great photo! When we first moved into our house we would occasionally see a fox in the back yard. We also had otters that would swim in the creek behind the house. Too much development, however and while we do get water birds, the numbers have gone down significantly in the last 27 years. :(

Carole
:(
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

There were urban foxes in Bristol. When I was nursing in a hospital there we often saw the foxes in the hospital grounds.
The nurses on the ward below used to feed them and they became quite a nuisance sadly. One summer evening we had the doors open onto the balcony and one very mangy specimen came wandering into the ward looking for food. Several of the patients became quite upset and we had to deter the poor creatures from the area.
Your fox, though, Poppy looks to be a nice healthy specimen.
Sahari

Post by Sahari »

rcperryls wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:29 pm We also had otters that would swim in the creek behind the house.
Used to live next to a large pond in which lived an otter who would swim alongside me as I walked down the street. Nothing like an otter to inspire joyfulness.
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

I remember seeing foxes from a bus window on the way from and to Lviv. And hares used to run about in the fields. When I was a kid, granny would complain from time to time that a polecat had killed a chicken or two. Of wild animals we seem to have only hunters now :D .
Lyudmila