Ariadna vs Anchor

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

HalbertMusik

Ariadna vs Anchor

Post by HalbertMusik »

Hello All!

On my travels through Bulgaria I came upon and purchased a printed design from the company Ariadra. :D

I have tried to find a floss Colour conversion chart to Anchor, but to no avail! :shock:

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Danke,

William David
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Ariadna vs Anchor

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I've not heard of this brand, so I can't answer your precise question. But I was wondering, can you go by the colours of the printing, or are they indicative only? I mean, are they the actual colours, or have they been adapted to show the different colour areas better? If the print is the natural colouring, you could simply match the Anchor threads to that.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
HalbertMusik

Post by HalbertMusik »

Hallo,

I can go by the Colours, especially as they are not unusual and only 15, but i would still like to know the "official"

thread Colours. :wink:

Danke,

William David
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Lyudmila
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It might be worth asking them if they have a conversion chart, or if you could buy enough for the design directly from them?
HalbertMusik

Post by HalbertMusik »

Hello

I saw theweb site that you sent - i believe it is in russian as it uses cyrilic letters, which fortunately i can

read. Yet I could not find a conversion chart. There is from a differrent source a conversion chart Ariadna to DMC.

So i guess i will convert the Colours to DMC and then use another chart to convert DMC to Anchor.

Mille Grazie,

William David
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Two links of those I gave are to conversion tables. The names of the threads are written at the top of each in Latin letters, Ariadna is in both the tables. If you know Russian, their cross stitch forum may be of help:
stitch.su
But they ban people using any language other than Russian- it is in their rules. I am not registered there, so cant help you with it.
Lyudmila
HalbertMusik

Post by HalbertMusik »

Hi again!

I do not speak russian, but a bit of bulgarian - similar enough for this purpose.

The Colour numbers on the website chart (3 digits) do not refer to the numbers on the pattern (4 digits).

Guess I will just have to wing it.

Thanks to everyone
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

If you want to check the conversion of the conversion (ie from Anchor to DMC), let me know. I have the old conversion booklet from New Stitches, which is excellent and also gives an indication of whether the match is “good” or just ok.