2021 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Re: 2021 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Serinde »

It's wonderful to learn she's still active. I often return to her magazines for inspiration.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Ow. :bandaid:

I managed to slip on the stairs going down this morning. Only a few steps from the bottom, but I somehow succeeded in grazing my right wrist on the bannister, knocking my left elbow on the wall, and hitting my back on one of the steps. I'm going to be very stiff for a few days....
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Nasty :shock: Sounds like you need a couple of days to recover doing some thing calming like needlework, look after yourself :hug:

I am sure you know: Chill the area to calm the swelling, Witch Hazel to bring out the bruise, then warmth to get things moving again. It always amazes me if I don't have a hot bath after a day's gardening how stiff I feel the following day.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:hug: :bandaid:

Oh dear...poor you! :hug:
I've done just that twice! First time on carpeted stairs in silly old slippers and the second time on unpolished oak stairs wearing socks and dashing for the phone I know Just how much it HURTS!!

You need a lot of rest now....with some of your favourite things near by...Lexi will understand and be sympathetic and 'needing' lots of cuddles... and favourite beverages delivered at regular intervals.
Mabel Figworthy

Lexi, I'm afraid, is completely unsympathetic and is out gallivanting.
And I was meant to be helping clear out a container of furniture at our church's building site tomorrow.... :shock:
Last edited by Mabel Figworthy on Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I thought I had saved myself from such events as my house is only one story, but I have managed to trip over the one step that takes you from the foyer to the living room, from the foyer to the master bedroom and the foyer to a hallway leading to the other two bedrooms. More than once. I know how sore you must be feeling. If your wrist is too sore for stitching, might be time to sit in the garden and read. I wouldn’t think that moving furniture around would be a good idea, but maybe you could bring some drinks and treats for the volunteers? :hug: Feel better soon.

Carole
:dance:

edited on computer because iPad's autocorrect seemed to have gone wild and a few sentences and/or words made no sense. (As well as having to change my name from Arnold to Carole :tantrum: ) Always need to double check a reply when using the tablet and not the computer.
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Ouch that must be very sore. Do take it easy Mabel and rest in the garden. :tea: :boohoo: :rainbow:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Squirrel wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:50 am Ouch that must be very sore. Do take it easy Mabel and rest in the garden. :tea: :boohoo: :rainbow:
I agree!! Hope that you feel better soon
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Mabel Figworthy

Me again....

Back getting better but still twingy, tum flaring, and this morning I was stung in the leg by a wasp that had somehow got into my shorts :-(
I admit to feeling just a little bit sorry for myself.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Always look at the bright side of life, as Brion sang. You are lucky it was a wasp, not a bee. Painful as it is, the wasp's bite is less dangerous(at least where our normal wasps are concerned).
Lyudmila
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Ow. I know how you feel. I had a run-in with 3 dopey wasps last autumn. They had a nest in one of our compost heaps and objected to me emptying the kitchen compost crock on them. 7 or 8 landed on me and started stinging. Fortunately only 3 were on clothing thin enough to get through. I was not a happy bunny either. With three stings I felt somewhat queasy. Hope you recover asap. All the best,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

OWWW!
Anoint the sting with Vinegar! That should take some of the 'sting' away and inflammation.

:hug: :hug:
I have developed a nasty reaction to Wasp stings after being stung just Too Many Times!! I guess just another of the more unpleasant things that I have inherited from my mum!
My mother was really allergic and had to carry an epi-pen. She could go into shock when stung, I'm not that bad thank goodness.

The funny side of mum's reaction was when my step-father said that it was lucky that I was a nurse as I could inject her.
I asked if she was supplied with a VERY LONG NEEDLE as she was in Portsmouth and I was in France!! :lol: :roll:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hope you feel better soon. Wasps are everywhere around here. Always have to keep an eye out for nests being built under eaves, and in corners around the house. I'm lucky that the only wasp sting I ever got was when I tried to put a dead one (drowned in the spray I had used to kill it when it got into the house)in the house. I used a paper towel to pick it up ( :doh:) and the stinger went right into the tip of my finger. Took several days for the swelling to go down. Only thing that ever stung worse was years ago when a sting ray jabbed its stinger into the side of my heel. Ouch!

Carole
:hug:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yup, vinegar does help immediately after you are stung. Bicarb for a bee. (And don't pull the stinger out, if you can see it; brush it away with something, or else more venom goes into the wound.)

Wasps are a thing this year in these parts, seem to be everywhere, and very inquisitive... so far, no stings.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I don't need a bed just a comfortable chair....that one by the window adjacent to the door into the S&G.
I fell off my cycle! My own fault. I turned to day hi to someone and the back wheel span out on a muddy gravel patch.
Splat!! Bruises and I dislocated my left thumb also grazed it on the ground. Managed to un- dislocate thumb but it Hurts! :? :cry:
Lucky it's my left hand but still can't do much with it.
fccs

Post by fccs »

Oh, no. I hope you have a lovely view from you room here.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Poor you! You might want a Dr to see that thumb, nurse though you are… it’d be awful to trap or nick a nerve. But (seeing the bright side) you had someone to say “hi” to! :whoop:
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Nasty :shock:

Give it some time to recover :hug: look after your self

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:hug: :hug: :bandaid: oh no! Remember you can order anything you want from the S&G and it will be delivered to you immediately. If your thumb doesn’t stop hurting soon, Serinde’s advice makes sense to me. Rest up and take care of yourself.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I called the medical centre and I have an appointment tomorrow plus I requested a tetanus booster. I have scrubbed ( ouch) the grazed area but as it was muddy and gritty thought it wise.
A doughnut and a wee dram wouldn't go amiss :wink: