2021 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: 2021 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by rcperryls »

Good move to have it checked out and to get a shot. These days we can’t be too cautious
As for the refreshments: Go for it!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

A wise move Wendy. Hope all is soon well for you.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

They say 'No good deed [or friendly one] goes unpunished.' Looks like it's true. Just remember next time you're training in the boxing ring, you'll have to be gentle with that left hand and not use your famous roundhouse swing.

Seriously, though, look after yourself Wendy. Hope it gets better soon.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:lol: Thanks Richard :lol: :lol: I shall try to restrain my Left Hook!! :lol:

Just back from Med Centre. Had Tetanus booster and thumb redressed. Apparently I did a good job of cleaning it but they want me to go back for dressings for a while as the wound is quite deep and over the joint. An Xray was also suggested but not mandatory....I shall see how it goes.

Just going to pop into the S&G for another of those Delicious Doughnuts! :wink:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hope the doughnut worked... Get Well Soon!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

See that isolation suite with the soundproofed room? Well, that's where I am at the moment. Can't remember when I last had a cough like this, but I expect I was under ten. I'll keep everyone awake if I'm in a regular ward -- plus, you really, really don't want this. And yes, I had a PCR test yesterday, but a negative LFT two days ago, so I expect it's not the plague. With luck results will appear this evening. Have to reschedule my flu shot & Booster, as does DH, who has this too. Unfortunately for him, he's also had to reschedule his meeting with his consultant about a knee replacement. :cry: Who knows when that'll be reorganised. Still could be worse. :anotherfrog:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hope the PCR comes back negative as well and that you both soon feel better - and that the knee appointment can be rescheduled soon!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:20 am Hope the PCR comes back negative as well and that you both soon feel better - and that the knee appointment can be rescheduled soon!
. Same wish here. Sounds like some other awful respiratory thing that shows up when the weather starts changing. I got my flu shot 2 weeks ago and my booster last week. I generally have no reaction from any vaccinations, but the booster did me in for 24 hours. (very sore arm and fatigue) Then I was fine. Didn't realize how fatigued I was until the next day when I wasn't. You are the one who usually watches to make sure everything is perfect here in St Cross Stitcher's. But the staff have assured us that every single need you have will be met before you even know you need something.
They do that for everyone of course, but don't be surprised if there is a bit of extra TLC.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

A little coddling sounds in order to me. Look after yourself.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I slept all afternoon. This coddling is lovely. Whoever is the regular staff for the ward siamese cat who snuggled up with me all afternoon is to be congratulated. :kitty:

And good news: PCR test is negative. :dance: So, have re-vectored flu & booster plus asked for a telephone consultation, which will be Thurs morning. I would be very surprised if I didn't have a chest infection, but who knows.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Sounds like a lovely case of what we call bronchitis. Good old fashioned chest congestion with an awful cough. Lots of liquids (if you aren't taking any meds a hot toddy might help or if that is too strong a nice cup of tea) and sleep and snuggling. As our old family doctor used to say "Sleep is when the body heals itself"

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I suspect it is bronchitis, judging from what I'm dislodging during coughing fits... (we need a "yuk" emoji). Better out than in, but it does take a while to find a sleeping position and a breathing technique that means I'm not disturbed by the imp with the cellophane in my tubes! :neutral: And yes, drinking almost anything is soothing. Chicken broth!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Bronchitis is quite literally 'a pain' in every sense of the word, so rest and plenty of liquids. Hope it clears very quickly. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262