2021 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

2021 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Serinde »

No one in the wards at present, I'm delighted to report. The place is ship shape and ready to help all our lovely members.
Mabel Figworthy

Re: 2021 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I could do with a balancing of medicines :-( Last year I was given some medication for a chronic condition and it seems to be the nuclear option against flare-ups. Unfortunately the balance between what controls the flare-up and what triggers extremely uncomfortable side effects is a very fine one...
Might nip into the S&G next door for some soothing hot malted milk *yum*
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

That is exactly what the revolving door was installed to facilitate, Mabel. Hope you are able to get your medication sorted out soon. :wip:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Picking up from the 'word game' I would like to consult Dr Tinycat about my conjunctivitis!
I have some eye ointment from our GP for it but wonder if Dr Tinycat has any further suggestions.
How to stop my glasses getting messed up and causing double vision e.g. :tantrum:
Difficult to stitch at the moment so I am sitting here quietly looking out at the, out of focus, distant hills with their light dusting of snow.
Mabel Figworthy

How annoying for you :-( - I knew you could get bloodshot eyes and feel gritty but I didn't realise it could affect your vision like that. I'm afraid I don't know what to do about it, let's hope one of our faithful band is an assistant to Dr Tinycat and can give you some good advice!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hope your eyes get better soon. Which reminds me that I have to go put drops in my eyes. If I don't, my "dry eyes" make me see double which is happening right now as I type. And yes it is very difficult to stitch when that happens. Feel better soon!

Carole
:hug:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I have admitted myself to a darkened room with a cool compress on my forehead.

I sorted out some old linen you might remember, and have repacked it temporarily, but this meant I also had to sort through all the kits and designs I've stashed away in the same place. They are all still beautiful. I still want to do them all. I'll need to live, healthily and with reasonable eyesight, until I'm about 85. Minimum. And that doesn't even count the four (4!! -- whose idea was THAT?) HAEDs, one of which I started about a decade ago. Makes me slightly panicky just thinking about all that stitching -- even though I do love it.

But it was the thought that one reasonable step forward might be to stop my subscription to Inspirations that has landed me here. :shock: :anotherfrog: :faint:
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

No can't do that, we all need to be inspired. Standard rules apply: You have to plan to live long enough to finish all of your Stash, in the meantime if it makes you happy buying another piece of work and thinking about the enjoyment you will have doing it then that is ok as well :wink: . If you can't do them all then remember you will also gain pleasure in passing on that item that inspired you to another for them to do and no doubt they will show you the progress and that feedback will also make you happy :)

I have enough model engine castings to last me 30 years and stash to last the same so I need to live until at least 100 to have a fair chance of finishing them all. :roll:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Mabel Figworthy

Serinde wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:07 pm I also had to sort through all the kits and designs I've stashed away in the same place.
I bet that was a shock :lol:
I tended not to be much of a kit person but I have bought rather more than I need lately, and like you I sometimes despair of ever getting them done, but they do bring me joy to look at and contemplate how I will be doing them and what the challenges will be and so on, ansd surely that's worth a lot too!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I won't even consider the possibility of ever stitching all my stash (charts, books and the really dangerous digital charts I have). To finish my "WIP's I figure at the rate I'm going means I will need to live past 100 and would probably need to add a century or two since quite a few digital HAEDs and I think two Mystic Stitches are hiding from me. I admire your sorting through the stash that you did. I have kind of decided to consider stash collecting as it's own separate hobby or else I would have to admit myself for serious psych therapy (not in touch with reality). :lol: :roll: :lol:

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh heck! I forgot about the digital designs! :tizzy:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Sorry bout that!

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

rcperryls wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:54 pm I have kind of decided to consider stash collecting as it's own separate hobby or else I would have to admit myself for serious psych therapy (not in touch with reality). :lol: :roll: :lol:
There is nothing wrong with that. :wink:

When I buy a cheap cross stitch kit on Fleabay and spend an hour or two looking at it I compare the cost with that of a magazine. Magazines are about £5 each these days and we just throw them away. If I have already had my two hours of enjoyment and I give it away I have lost nothing, in fact I have gained because I have made someone else happy as well :D

Jo

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Throw magazines away? Not my stitching ones, anyway.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:? Sadly I had to pass most of my stitching magazines to a Charity shop when we moved from France.
D/H had to give up his hobby when we moved so it was only fair that I should give up something too.

We both went into the "Tantrum" Room and hurled china about to compensate for our loss but if it meant moving to Scotland....which we both are SO Very Pleased that we did ...then it was worth the sacrifice. :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

WW, that was a very brave thing you and Mr Wombat did (and I have now replaced the crockery). I have all the New Stitches, quite a few Inspirations and other assorted bits and pieces, if you ever find yourself needing a rummage. :D
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Serinde wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:25 am WW, that was a very brave thing you and Mr Wombat did (and I have now replaced the crockery). I have all the New Stitches, quite a few Inspirations and other assorted bits and pieces, if you ever find yourself needing a rummage. :D
Thank You! :wub:
I've just been in contact with Mary Hickmott of New Stitches fame and she is in the process of supplying me with some Gardenie fabric so that I can make the Passiflora Cushion again..I did manage to keep the N/S edition that includes that. Also she has just added to her Etsy Pages the Hardanger Knot Garden at my request...another victim of the move! :doh:
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

wendywombat wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:32 am ....so that I can make the Passiflora Cushion again..I did manage to keep the N/S edition that includes that.
That sounds interesting. Any chance of showing us the one you have already made :)

Jo

P.S. Which N/S issue was it in, in case I need to pick one up myself :roll:

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I can't show you the first cushion I made as I gave it to my daughter. The original pattern was in New Stitches No 137 but...
If you look at this link :-
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/7188969 ... s_search_1
You can see it on the Etsy site for Mary Hickmott designs. The pattern is available there
I am waiting for some of the fabric to arrive :D
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

I like that :shock:

I must not buy any more ... I must not buy anymore :faint:

Jo