Sort of Newbie ☺️

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Sandz27

Sort of Newbie ☺️

Post by Sandz27 »

I've been here before (in 2012) but had a HUGE break from stitching until January this year...

I picked up my HAED Coral Addiction and I am 87 stitches away from finishing her (I had to order some more Kreinik Sparkly thread!!!)

In my break I think my eyesight must have gotten WORSE because I found the stitches on my Coral so impossibly tiny...🙈 I think she must be on 26 or 28 count, 2 over 1 perhaps!
:wip: I have started a new project now which is a Lotus Flower by Artecy Designs on 20 count Aida (SO much easier & more enjoyable!)...I have also started using pattern keeper on my Kindle rather than a paper pattern too and am loving being able to highlight the stitches/colour that I am working on so I can easily spot those pesky confetti stitches 😉
I am happy to be back here chatting with you all again!
Take care & keep safe....
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Sort of Newbie ☺️

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome back! I think we all notice the change in eyesight over time, alas, but as long as you can still enjoy it, with extra light or magnification, you can keep doing this lovely hobby!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Sandz27

Post by Sandz27 »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:15 pm Welcome back! I think we all notice the change in eyesight over time, alas, but as long as you can still enjoy it, with extra light or magnification, you can keep doing this lovely hobby!
Thank you for the welcome back :) I found it weird using a magnifier as I already wear glasses for being short sighted :mrgreen: so with an extra light I battled on with Coral and I'm glad to see the end of stitching on her. I have learnt my lesson though, nothing that small ever again! I complained my way through the confetti stitches but she does look beautiful so it was all worth it!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hello there! How wonderful to have you back with us! :dance: :dance:

Eyesight is a thing to take care of. I've used magnifying lenses for years. No shame.
Sandz27

Post by Sandz27 »

Serinde wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:46 pm Hello there! How wonderful to have you back with us! :dance: :dance:

Eyesight is a thing to take care of. I've used magnifying lenses for years. No shame.
No shame using magnification at all but the magnification I was using made my eyes feel a bit weird...so I chose to stitch with brighter lights to finish my HAED instead... however I've gone up to 20count Aida for my newest project and I'm enjoying it far more! 😁👍
Sandz27

Post by Sandz27 »

I'm just trying out putting some images into posts. Hopefully that's not too massive 😊 that's my latest update on my Lotus flower. Hoping to get some more stitches in tonight once my son has gone to bed...💚💙
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Welcome back and I love your new start. That blue really is lovely and bright. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Sandz27

Post by Sandz27 »

Squirrel wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:11 pm Welcome back and I love your new start. That blue really is lovely and bright. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Thank you :) I am really enjoying it...
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Welcome back! Can't help but agree with the others about magnifiers and good light. Especially as I get older. I remember years ago stitching a baby sampler on 32 count fabric. Over 1. My current sampler is on 25 count over two. With my magnilight. I stitch a lot of HAEDs, or to be more accurate I have started a lot of HAED charts and admire all who can say they have only 80+stitches to completion. A true accomplishment. I look forward to seeing that as well as enjoying watching your beautiful lotus develop.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Sandz27

Post by Sandz27 »

rcperryls wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:42 pm :wave: Welcome back! Can't help but agree with the others about magnifiers and good light. Especially as I get older. I remember years ago stitching a baby sampler on 32 count fabric. Over 1. My current sampler is on 25 count over two. With my magnilight. I stitch a lot of HAEDs, or to be more accurate I have started a lot of HAED charts and admire all who can say they have only 80+stitches to completion. A true accomplishment. I look forward to seeing that as well as enjoying watching your beautiful lotus develop.

Carole
:dance:
Thank you :) I have another HAED which I started but I don't think I'll finish it as the stitches are way too tiny for me now to make it enjoyable. I think I will cut my losses with that one and perhaps start it again in the future on different fabric maybe? :)
tgleichner

Post by tgleichner »

I was here before too but it had been so long I didn't even remember it. The stitching looks great - i look forward to connecting more with more xstitchers.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Welcome back. We have had a number of members who take a while to make their first post. I’m glad you decided to connect with us. What type of projects do you like to work on? I hope you will post photos as we do love those. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

tgleichner wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:28 pm I was here before too but it had been so long I didn't even remember it. The stitching looks great - i look forward to connecting more with more xstitchers.
How nice to hear from you! :wave: We do seem to be having an awful lot of parties in the Stash & Grab recently... :king: Oh, and lots of stitching going on too, naturally. :dance:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Welcome back and I hope that your stitching goes well for you. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Welcome back to the forum!! :wave:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs