HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update September 4th*

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Corey.G

HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update September 4th*

Post by Corey.G »

This is my first time doing an HAED and I’m so excited. I’ve had this one in my stash for waaay too long and the stitch’s bug has bit again. I’m in love with Christmas and I start thinking about it in June lol.

I’ve only worked on this the past couple nights and it’s only one colour so far but it’s so fun. I’m also doing this 2 over 1 on 22 count Hardanger. Usually I work on 18 so it’s not that much of a difference.

Let’s see how much I can get done. With a full time job, a 3 year old and studying after she goes to bed I’m not sure how long this will take.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3wIQOVK
Last edited by Corey.G on Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
rcperryls

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: It's a good beginning! And it will take as long as it takes. I won't even say how long I have worked on my two current active HAEDs. I think the point is enjoying it as it goes and discovering when all of a sudden a head, or beard, or reindeer or star or whatever appears. I am always amazed when what looks like a kind of hodge podge of stitches turns into a kitten head. Enjoy it!! and please keep us updated!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I seem to remember getting much more done when the children were small... perhaps because I had to be much more organised and there were schedules to maintain? You've made a good start, and I do hope you thoroughly enjoy the experience of stitching an HAED. :D
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Serinde wrote: " I seem to remember getting much more done when the children were small"...

Pure biology. You were just young.
Lyudmila
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

ARGH! Why did you have to remind me?!? :lol:
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

Small update. Loving this so far. Trying to get done what I can before next semester starts on November 1st.

https://imgur.com/gallery/B0pLff1
Squirrel

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update Sept 23*

Post by Squirrel »

but it is progress. :) :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

Impressive progress. I’m looking forward to seeing this one grow.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Any progress is progress and this is a fine start! This is going to be fun to watch develop.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

rcperryls wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:40 pm :applesauce: :applesauce: Any progress is progress and this is a fine start! This is going to be fun to watch develop.

Carole
Totally agree :applesauce: :applesauce: (where's that bench got to...) :wip:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Growing well!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

The latest. Not the greatest pic but I had to bring out my DSLR cause my phone wouldn’t take a good enough photo. Also it’ll probably help when I get a working light. My daughter decided to use the last one to play with smh.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kaPabjY
rcperryls

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update Oct 5th*

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Good progress. I also noticed which I hadn't before that you decided to start on page 1 in the corner as suggested by HAED. I thought you had said you were going to begin in the middle as most patterns suggest. I only know of one stitcher (years ago) on the forum who actually did that. Laid on all the pages to find the exact middle. What I have discovered is that I start nearly every project in the upper left hand corner now.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Good start! :applesauce:

I started my HAED in the top left as suggested -- can't even imagine the muddle I'd have been in if I'd started in the middle. The scary part for me was making sure I'd measured and counted correctly... not a strong suit... :roll:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Excellent progress!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

rcperryls wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:25 pm :applesauce: Good progress. I also noticed which I hadn't before that you decided to start on page 1 in the corner as suggested by HAED. I thought you had said you were going to begin in the middle as most patterns suggest. I only know of one stitcher (years ago) on the forum who actually did that. Laid on all the pages to find the exact middle. What I have discovered is that I start nearly every project in the upper left hand corner now.

Carole

That was going to be the original plan but then I thought “I’m trying a new pattern. Never done it. So let’s try it their way and see what happens”. So far so good. I am really loving the 22 ct hardanger and it’s not too different from my usual 18 ct. The only thing I know I can’t do is parking. The ocd part of me can’t handle the mess but that fine cause I’m used to cross country stitching anyways.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Corey.G wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:27 am The only thing I know I can’t do is parking. The ocd part of me can’t handle the mess but that fine cause I’m used to cross country stitching anyways.
You and me both. My attempt at parking lasted for about 4 or 6 threads and less than 4 or 6 minutes I think. I keep my threads with needles (I hate needle threading and that get very messy quickly. I have always been a cross country (or cross county maybe) stitcher and will move to the next page to the right or below if a color thread continues for a few more squares. That is one of the great things about cross stitching, isn't it? There are almost no rules to follow, other than the ones you make for yourself!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

Here is the latest. It’s so relaxing when I finally get to it. Between full time job, 3 year old, and studying I need this relaxation time. Anything to drown out some of those kids shows. Oy. Also I really need to buy a working lamp again and hopefully that will give me better photos and portability to the couch. Lol.

I have gotten my brave bug back. I like to do the cross country method in small sections and I have worked to the right hand side of the page. This is the first 20 rows. Yay.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3MsXTyT
rcperryls

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update Oct 24th*

Post by rcperryls »

Good progress! Always feels good to go from one side of a chart's page to the other.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Corey.G

Re: HAED Merry Christmas To All *Update Oct 24th*

Post by Corey.G »

rcperryls wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:59 pm Good progress! Always feels good to go from one side of a chart's page to the other.

Carole

It really does. I thought it was a huge stretch but it’s not that bad at all. Especially seeing as it’s the background it’s no big deal. I’ve gone farther on my tiger before. Lol.