more pattern charts

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

crosstitcher1

more pattern charts

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Hey Guys and Gals,
GBU all 2.
I have been working since Aug. on my "secret new project", afghans and have run out of pattern charts for the 1st. one. And Rc? Thanks for all the help you have give/given me. I'm doing the afghans in "single stitch", as I tried the "2 over 1" and found it gave a "messy look".
I have been using Microsoft Bing in finding "most" of my charts I want. But have come to a problem with them. It seems when I choose and go to printing, some charts says "copyright something" and I can't print them out.
Does anybody else know "any other" cross-stitching chart sites?
GBU and yours.
Steam.Jo

Re: more pattern charts

Post by Steam.Jo »

Have you tried putting them up on your monitor and then using the Windows snipping tool to capture a screen shot and then printing that?

I find the snipping tool very handy to get round annoying restrictions. Like I use it to enable me to capture/print pictures of model engines on certain photo hosting websites that refuse to let you down load an image, so that I can add then to my library of models for reference when I build my own version and I know what it should look like :) .

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Hi Jo,
GBU 2.
Thank you for your response.
I'm a "greenhorn" on the computer even though I have had 3 since 2001.
So the only things I do are:
1. Do upgrades on my computer, clean my cauches.
2. Read/send e-mails.
3. Go to sites that interest me, ex. like this one.
4. Read the news on the computer.
I don't know "how" to take/put pics. on, snapshots, or anything else.
What sites do you go to get get your stuff?
Thanks again for your response.
GBU and yours.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Most charts will allow you to print a working copy of the chart. So if the chart you are using is a hard copy and you have access to a printer that also copies you can make working copies. They need to be discarded when you are done. A lot of charts are also downloadable as .pdf files. Those are files that most any computer can use. Again you are allowed to print the chart as a working copy. Some websites only do downloads, some only have hard copies and some give you a choice. If I am using a chart that only come in a hard copy, I will either copy and enlarge it (my eyes prefer big charts these days) or scan it in to the computer so I can use my GoodNotes app. When I'm done, I delete the copy, just as I would toss a working copy.

I'm not sure if you are asking which sites provide downloadable files or which sites have charts for certain subjects?

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

If you are making charts from an image yourself, there is free software that doesn't leave a watermark. See the 'Info' link at my signature line for one rather complex, but free, bit of software that creates watermark free charts.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Hi all,
GBU all 2.
Thanks for all the responses.
Rc? I'm looking for other websites for cross-stitching charts. Like I said in my 1st post, I am using "Microsoft bing". Now I have come across some charts that I want to use on the afghans, but it says when I click for printing, "copyright something". So it won't let me print.
Richard, that's impressive, but I won't tackle anything like that.
I don't understand why people put on these sites charts that won't let you print them out.
Again, that for all your responses.
GBU and yours.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

As Carole hinted, it's generally for copyright reasons and also because the sites want to make some money from the charts they are offering. Some sites have "freebies" that they offer. More often, they are selling charts so I guess I'd be surprised if you were able to extract a chart without paying.

Would love to see your afghan sometime.