Granny Weatherwax is back!

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Granny Weatherwax

Granny Weatherwax is back!

Post by Granny Weatherwax »

Dear all,

After lurking for years, I decided to give an update on my stitching project. I am currently (and the upcoming years 😋) working on a 32-count Zweigart, Antique white cloth measuring 1,8 m wide by 3 m long, full cross, 2 over 2 DMC. I am going to make a bedsheet for my 2-year old in an Efteling theme.
In the past I have bought and was working on several Efteling themed WIP’s on Aida cloth with the intention to sew them together to make a bedsheet. But I did not like the visibility of the holes in Aida and after reading about stuff in this crossstitch forum I decided to stop. So now I have 1 large WIP!

I love to read your stories and see photos of your beautiful work! I will add a new photo tomorrow. I have only time to crossstitch in the evenings when my daughter sleeps. We are also currently in the process of buying a new house and selling our current one. It is exhausting. Happy to be crossstitching to get my mind of matters 🥺.

Kind regards, Maartje
Serinde

Re: Granny Weatherwax is back!

Post by Serinde »

Welcome back!!

It's wonderful to have you with us -- delurking is always best! :whoop: :whoop: And think of it as tension busting in the face of house selling and buying. Only did it once myself. Never again if I can help it.

Your project sounds remarkable. Photos are always welcome in the SAL thread, as you'll remember. :camera:
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Welcome back Maartje! :wave: Can't wait to see photos of your project!
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome Back,Maartje!

Having just moved house...twice in 14 months, once from France into rented (In Scotland) whilst our New Build was being built, then a month ago into the New house, I can fully understand your exhaustion. :roll:
We are now settling in The Scottish Borders and have promised myself NEVER TO MOVE AGAIN!! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you interesting project. :dance:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Welcome Back!!! :wave:
It is lovely to have you back and I love the project you are working on. Can't wait to see the photo.

Moving is definitely high on my list of least favorite activities. Finding the time to stitch (even if it is for only a short time) I always find is a welcome reprieve from the stresses of the day. A little escape and a way to recharge myself.

So happy to see you again!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welkom terug Maartje! Looking forward to reliving my childhood through your Efteling blanket :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs

Post by fccs »

Welcome back. I had to Google Efteling and now I can't wait to see your work. And now I want to go to the Netherlands.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:48 pm Welcome back. I had to Google Efteling and now I can't wait to see your work. And now I want to go to the Netherlands.
me too!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker