2022 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: 2022 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :dance: :whoop: :grouphug: :toast:
World Cross Stitch Day Party on!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Sounds wonderful :icecream:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Did a bit myself without even knowing! :lol:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

May I also raise a glass :toast: to our own dear Wombat, who also won a prize at the Horticultural Show today? I entered her gorgeous biscornu (a much valued gift) tho I didn't ask first, and voilà!

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:oops: :oops:
I am bouncing with happiness!

Thank you Serinde! A lovely surprise, you made my day!
:hug: :mexicanwave:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

What a wonderful thing to do and a well deserved :toast: prize indeed! Congratulations to both of you!
And good to see our Wombat again! :wub:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The Smashing Suite has been refurbished and has several boxes of crockery, for the smashing of.

Also, behind the bar are any and every refreshment Richard might like.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Thank you, but I don't want to make any mess or noise.

I think I may make a little cup of tea and sit quietly in a corner. If you hear an bump or two, take no notice. It'll just be my forehead testing the strength of the table... :?

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The Smashing Suite is padded and noise-proof! :ribbit:
fccs

Post by fccs »

What a wonderful thing to do, and the award is well earned.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

I think I need a strong coffee ... After a week of wall to wall TV about her life and yesterday's pomp and pageantry marking the passing of our Late Queen :wub: We now have the politicians back :doh:

Maybe I need several double expressos :thinks: Its times like these when we are looking forward to political announcements of short term measures to plaster over problems that have been building up for decades that I am so pleased we don't have an elected head of state, rather we have a new King has a track record of taking the long view and good QC Camilla seems to have had a very positive effect on him ;)

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
fccs

Post by fccs »

I watched the entire procession, funeral, procession, and Committal ceremony yesterday. I DVR'd it and watched it in between what I had to do (adulting, you know), and I was very pleased the networks here covered it in its entirety, commercial free. And almost commentary free. One of the British correspondents felt the need to tell us (Americans), that "the round thing on the Queen's coffin is the orb and the stick-like thing is a scepter." Oh my gosh!! Does she really think we are that stupid? At least she didn't tell us the colorful things are flowers.

It was a very moving throughout, but the two parts completely choked me up (and she wasn't even my Queen): when they showed her corgis waiting for her arrival, and when they showed the King's face after she was lowered into the Royal vault and they were singing God Save the King. Heartbreaking. I'm glad he has the love of his life at his side as he faces the future.

Oh, I wish I had taken my stitching out...maybe I wouldn't have been so choked up so many times....or maybe I would have just made lots of counting errors.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
richardandtracy

fccs wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:39 am ... "the round thing on the Queen's coffin is the orb and the stick-like thing is a scepter." Oh my gosh!! Does she really think we are that stupid? At least she didn't tell us the colorful things are flowers....
Debby, you might have known, but I KNOW that not all UK under 40's knew despite growing up in a monarchy - for the simple reason that I had that very question yesterday from a 35yo colleague (who is theoretically a fellow 'Programme Manager', but I doubt he has enough knowledge of anything to manage his way out of a wet paper bag). My colleague has spent the 5 months he's been here working hard at earning the nickname 'Moron Mike', he is that well respected in the offices & on the shop floor.

Regards,

Richard.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Ignorance is everywhere. Must say that I was a tad disappointed when the Lord Chamberlain broke his rod of office. It looked for all the world that the piece had been held together with magnetic end cups. So it didn't so much break as pull apart. I had this vision of him really having to break it over his knee or something. 8)
richardandtracy

It would have been more theatrical to do that, I agree, and the whole ceremony was highly theatrical and full of symbolism. Possibly it's actually quite good wood & he didn't have the strength - Lord Clarendon is not in the first flush of youth.

Regards,

Richard.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I watched most of the ceremony yesterday and agree there was something very poignant when they showed the corgis awaiting their mistress' arrival. I also wondered what William and Kate were thinking, especially William.I know this is something that he has prepared for all his life, but to all of sudden (overnight) inherit his father's titles and lands must be a weird experience. Knowing all this happens because you have lost someone you loved and that one day (hopefully far in the future) he will be exactly doing what his father is doing now. Very different from inheriting a large business, i would think. And also wondered how much of this the young heir apparent (that is George now, isn't it?) understands regarding his future.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yeah, it's pretty brutal when you think of it like that. I suspect like all of us, they "know" but they don't really "understand" until it happens and you lose someone you love. But to have to do all the necessary accepting of condolences from the various parliaments, look at all the flowers, etc., in public. :( Charles isn't in the first flush of youth (nor is Anne), either, so it must have been exhausting; no wonder they are taking next week off. You couldn't begrudge it.

If you have a moment, here's a video of the Long Walk at Windsor where the gardeners placed all the flowers in two broad swathes, looking just like a beautiful meadow; they earned their keep for that alone (although it doesn't bear close inspection, of course, because the flowers are a bit past it). Colour is good though.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Being Métis I am obviously not a royalist. So, I’ve been skipping conversations and links about it…but occasionally I end up seeing something.

There is a clip of George, I think it’s as the coffin is passing him, and his little sister tells him his is supposed to bow. It is so cute. Reminds me of two of my grandkids…the little sister is always reminding big bro what to do. Lol
fccs

Post by fccs »

Roland wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:12 pm

There is a clip of George, I think it’s as the coffin is passing him, and his little sister tells him his is supposed to bow. It is so cute. Reminds me of two of my grandkids…the little sister is always reminding big bro what to do. Lol
I saw that, too. Kids will be kids, even when crowns are in their future. Reminds me when my son was little, he told one of his friends that she was pushing the toy truck improperly and proceeded to show her how it’s “sposed” to be done.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hello all, sorry for the long absence. I'm afraid long Covid has still got its hold on me, although I am gradually getting better. I did manage my first FoF in about two months today, so if you'd like a bit more detail on all the things I haven't done :-) do have a read of that. I hope to be around a bit more, but it may be a while before I'm back to normal (or as normal as I ever was).
Thought - perhaps I should have posted this in the St Cross Stitcher's thread...
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page