2022 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: 2022 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by rcperryls »

Some of us are at least 5 hours behind you, Jo, so a little late for a morning cup of tea or coffee depending on your preference. It takes me a little longer to recover from big celebrations than it used to.
Mabel, Rosey wondered if there is going to be a birthday party for Lexie! She has some wonderful catnip filled socks that are fun to cuddle with and/or whack around the house. She would love to share one (as long as I make another one to replace it) She also wondered if there would be special treats? Do ya'll have"Temptations"? The addictive treat that has almost never been turned down by any felines on this side of the pond.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

No party, but she did get lots of extra cuddles. Mind you, she gets so many of those anyway that it's hard to tell the difference! Please say thank you to Rosey for her kind offer. We have to be quite careful with Lexi and catnip, as she seems to be rather susceptible - she once got hold of the packet (which fortunately was closed, so she only managed to get what leaked out of a little crack at the top) and was completely spaced out, with unfortunately consequances (yes, she was sick. Yuk.)
We do occasionally rub a little onto her scratching post, and the result of that is quite funny :-)

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Mabel Figworthy

We didn't get pictures of when she got hold of the packet, but this might give you an idea....

WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

@rotfl: :kitty: @rotfl:

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

rcperryls wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:40 pm @rotfl: :kitty: @rotfl:

Carole
I agree!! very funny!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

karen4bells wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:59 pm
rcperryls wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:40 pm @rotfl: :kitty: @rotfl:

Carole
I agree!! very funny!!
@rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl: Those were the days... 8)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Here I am, sitting and looking out at the loch, doing a bit of undemanding stitching and trying to distract myself from an overload of frenetic politics. I must confess to having a rather nice bottle of champers on ice… just in case. I know I’ll be able to drink it one day. Hopefully soon. :wip: :ratherbe:
Mabel Figworthy

Is this the politics-free room? Can I come and crawl into a quiet corner with my tree stitching?
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Maybe we can agree that it will be free of that lot. The febrile reporting on the news is getting a bit much.

It's going to be one of my last visits here for a week or so. Tracy & I are going on holiday and are going to be free of any form of electronic communication for the duration. Going to County Durham as it's somewhere we've never been to before. The girls are staying at home to work and look after the cats. As it happens, the forecast is that the weather at home is going to be horrible & hot, and we're going to escape to somewhere pleasantly cool .

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Mabel Figworthy

Oh wonderful Richard - have a lovely relaxing time with Tracy! Such a help that you will know the cats and the girls will be looking after each other :-) so you two can just forget about everything and restore your energies and be away from it all.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Sounds like a grand idea. I know y'all will have a wonderful time. You have most certainly earned some special time just for yourselves!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Ooohh, have a lovely time, not being contactable for a while - bliss.

I'm envious of going somewhere cool when the temperatures are going to be meltingly hot.
Mabel Figworthy

Arrrgggh!

I need a drink. Yes I know it's early, but I'll have the strongest hot chocolate you've got. Don't skimp on the marshmallows.
On second thoughts, it's too hot for hot chocolate. Can I just have a rant?

Latest review on Etsy: 2 stars, with the following explanation (if you can call it that):

"I haven'teven received it yet, so i'm disappointed in that, although that maybe is't all thefault of theseller, so If I have to givearating, ithasto be 2 star since my experience isn't great in that i donthavewhat i paid for yet. I don't like ggiving this kind ofreview, buti sure can't saytheitem is greatwen it's not here."

I wrote back to say that it would have been more helpful if she'd contacted me about this rather than leave a 2-star review; that in the message I sent when she ordered I did point out that although Royal Mail's delivery aim is 6-7 working days (not Saturdays) it could take longer and that delays were still common; that her parcel had only been in the system for 12 working days, which was not unusual at all; and that over the past three years only two out of the many parcels I send had never turned up.

She wrote back:

"justthati havenot received my order yet."

Sigh. Yes, I gathered that. I pointed out to her that it wasn't very helpful to find this out from a bad review; that as I'd said the parcel was very likely to turn up; and that I simply wondered why she hadn't contacted me. I've offered her the option of cancelling the order and getting a refund. If the parcel does turn up she'll have it for free, which is a bit galling, but I'll be happy just to be shot of this customer.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

:evil: :evil:
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

On the plus side the fact that the message is garbled proves the person is not all that competent at driving a keyboard and we all know that Royal Snail has been struggling with their deliveries through the pandemic. What has been written is not a criticism of what you provided or the price, so other purchasers should read it that way.

The ice creams over there look rather nice :icecream:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

:tantrum: Well, what a thoroughly unpleasant person :tantrum:

As Jo has said when people read that review they will realise it is the snail mail which is at fault, not MabelsFancies.

I'd have another of those ice creams Jo suggested if I were you and put it all out of your mind.

:grouphug: and here's hoping you can find some good in your day.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Garnet wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:18 pm :tantrum: Well, what a thoroughly unpleasant person :tantrum:

As Jo has said when people read that review they will realise it is the snail mail which is at fault, not MabelsFancies.

I'd have another of those ice creams Jo suggested if I were you and put it all out of your mind.

:grouphug: and here's hoping you can find some good in your day.
Absolutely agree. By now we all know (or should know) that snail mail and even private delivery systems have been hit badly by the pandemic and have not fully recovered. I find it especially ugly that she didn't contact you first. Those are the kind of reviews that others read and generally realize that the poster is way off base. Ice cream with extra chocolate sauce sounds like a very good remedy.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
mags

Post by mags »

Oh no - that is not nice leaving such a review when she hadn't bothered to get in touch first. :roll:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I am sitting in the cool here by the loch side in the treehouse. Bit of a breeze, so very pleasant.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Sounds idyllic.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation