2022 Quick Daily Posts

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: 2022 Quick Daily Posts

Post by rcperryls »

Oh No!! Is that the precious little boy landing an eagle on your head that we saw? :x: and paws crossed and :pray: that is all he has to deal with. I worry more about the children, especially the very young ones. Please keep us updated on his progress.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Yes, he's our only one so far; his father can keep going to work if he tests daily but his mother will isolate with him. We'll get daily updates no doubt!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs

Post by fccs »

Please let Teddy and his family know we’re all sending get better soon wishes.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It seems to be the unwanted pass-the-parcel gift this season. Hope they sail through it.
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Sadly there always seems to be more parcels that get passed on.

For the young it seems to be little more than a cold. The runny nose means they easily pass it on. Just like my poor Tai Chi instructor who caught it from her grandson over Christmas. Her comment was it was much more than just a cold.

Hopefully it is not Delta which is more dangerous.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:bandaid: Oh poor little Lad!!

I hope he gets through this ASAP with no lasting problems. :hug:
Mabel Figworthy

Teddy has just passed it on to his father...
Fortunately he (and DIL) just had their boosters, and so far it's just a sore throat for him. But it's really important for various reasons that DIL doesn't get it, so I'm praying my hardest.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Consider prayer wheels revolving in sympathy.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Serinde wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:45 pm Consider prayer wheels revolving in sympathy.
Absolutely!
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Oh no. Praying DIL doesn’t get it.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

fccs wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:47 pm Oh no. Praying DIL doesn’t get it.
Absolutely!!!! Hopefully she may be eligible to get one of the COVID anti-viral drugs so recently approved. People deemed at extra risk can be put on the recipients list by their GP and get it within 24 hrs of a confirmed PCR test.

I have, unfortunately, passed my sick bug on to my eldest daughter. We think we now know where the source was, and I'm irritated that I didn't put 2+2 together before I picked it up. When walking through the hospital to pick my FIL up, I passed a ward with a handwritten sign over the ward name. It said 'Norovirus containment ward'. Naturally, I assumed it was contained within that ward, and didn't expect FIL to be sent home with it - which he must have been. I probably then picked it up from him on the 4.30am trip I had to empty his catheter bag.

We mentioned our suspicions to the district nurse, who said that hospital sends infected patients home all the time - one of the reasons the CQC Inspectors always rate it so badly for infection control.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Mabel Figworthy

That's a thought Richard, thank you - I don't think she's eligible at the moment but it is something to keep in mind!

As for the hospital and its "containment"... well, what can I say. So much for the trade decsriptions act. I hope your daughter isn't feeling too awful with it.

Grandson fortunately feeling very chipper, son had a temperature but that seems to be going down, DIL still negative, so good news all round there.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Richard, this just gets better and better (not). :doh: :roll:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Serinde wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:16 am Richard, this just gets better and better (not). :doh: :roll:
I second that! Having had a dose of the Norovirus I know just how you feel! :tizzy: :doh:

You sound worn out and run down so not too surprising that you fell foul of that ! :?
richardandtracy

Mabel, that is good news for your grandson. Hopefully things will continue on a good track.

Eldest daughter had a rotten night and now has had a rotten morning. I won't give details, but it's pretty horrible, and involves lots of disinfectant. We are concerned about younger daughter showing some signs of having got it, but if so, symptoms are developing only slowly. Which doesn't match what elder daughter and I had - so we have some hope.

We are now fighting the system to find why FIL has a catheter. We've had two entirely different stories from the hospital. One said it was fitted on the morning of his release, the other said he refused to have it removed. FIL - the ultimate unreliable witness - has confirmed both stories given by the hospital! Gaah! What we can't find is if there was a medical reason for it. If it was pure convenience for the ward (and personally I think it was), it needs to be removed to reduce the risk of infection now he's at home.

Oh, FIL was sent home with prescriptions for 9 drugs, and a supply amounting to 7 days for some and up to 28 days for others. We put in a prescription request to top up the least, and the GP has turned it down flat. Apparently the hospital hasn't sent the release notes to the GP, so they don't officially accept he's out of hospital and therefore don't accept he's under the GP's care, don't accept the new prescription (which is different from what he had before going in) and won't accept a digital photograph of the release notes we have - and told us the paper copy was irrelevant too because it must come from the hospital.
Have you ever heard anything so ludicrous?
Or infuriating?

MIL may well be sent home next Thursday. So we're in a bit of a state, because on current evidence, FIL will still be a problem at home. And their house will need rearrangement to permit her to sleep in a separate bed in a different room. She may also need a commode. We have asked & asked all week what she's going to need so we can get it in time, and had the stock reply 'We'll get back to you'. Yeah, right. 3 days after she's sent home. There seems to be no concept of us having jobs to do, or any form of life other than waiting for the NHS to say 'Frog, jump' and then us asking 'How high?'. At best we can get this stuff on Saturday. Otherwise.. it'll be after she's returned. And I can't believe it will all be in stock at a local shop.

Now, where's the head being bashed on a wall emoji?

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy

Small success!!!
The prescription logjam has cleared, :dance:
The notes were sent to the GP this morning, the GP's pharmacist quibbled about doses (never having met FIL), but after 5 mins of persuasion agreed to follow the hospital doses and we can probably pick the drugs up next Tuesday. Fortunately FIL has a HUGE stock of the one that will run out on Sunday, so that's OK.

Phew. That was hard work, just to get something as simple as a repeat prescription.

Regards,

Richard.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

First and most important is sending get well soon wishes to your eldest daughter and hopes and wishes to your youngest that she doesn't have the same virus as both of you have had.

Secondly, seems like there are a fair amount of people in the health care system that have also become tired of dealing with your FIL. I expect his behavior towards them is at least similar, if not worse, to what you are experiencing.

Not to make excuses for them, but I would think your hospital staffs are as worn-out and worn down and exhausted as ours our with Covid patients? Wish we could offer more than virtual help. The only bashing emoji we have is the one smashing a computer :computer:, but if you have a few :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: we will understand. There is a room at the S&G with plates and other smashable items you can throw against the wall. And you are absolutely not responsible for any cleaning up afterwards.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Roland

Post by Roland »

Richard, hope things go as smooth as possible with in-laws home.

Mabel, hope those in your family continue improving without DIL getting ill.
richardandtracy

First day back at work was a struggle.
Tracy now has Norovirus. Not good.
Younger daughter had unusual but recorded symptoms. She had constipation and puffy cheeks from dehydration. Both daughters now able to eat again.

Carole, you may be right about being fed up with FIL. He certainly seems to have used the stock of goodwill at the District Nurse office.

Went round this evening to apportion out next week's drugs and re-stock his fridge. After the stream of 4 letter words, I will be a great deal more reluctant next time. Needed 5 minutes sit down at the end because I was feeling wobbly, and was (in less polite words) told to get lost.

Regards,

Richard.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

My first thought, liberal though I am, was you ought to film all of this for evidence... but that's unworthy, not to mention unhelpful. Does MIL come back to this on Thursday?

However, glad that your little family is getting back on its feet, slowly but surely.