2022 St Cross Stitchers Clinic & Hospital

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Re: 2022 St Cross Stitchers Clinic & Hospital

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I'm afraid I'll have to book in as well....
Covid is Not Nice - thank God for the vaccine.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am so sorry to hear that you’ve been caught now too, though not really surprised. I know very few people who, despite being vaccinated and boosted who have escaped. And since I was so fortunate to be asymptomatic, I wonder if some of the unaffected weren’t unaffected but just never thought to test themselves. Sending you both lots of Get well wishes and :pray: that you will recover quickly. :hug: (Hugs in our hospital are very safe so you can have as many as you want)

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Oh dear look after your self Mable. A few days of intensive stitching therapy is required :wink:

I wonder if my family might have had it asymptomaticly as none of my family households seem to have caught it.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Do look after yourself Mabel. Once someone in the household gets it, with these recent variants, it's almost inevitable everyone else will. Tracy has a colleague who missed out even when her husband & both kids got it. Then, last month one of the kids got the B4 variant and bam, everyone got it, including the one who'd never had it before.

Fortunately we've not lost another friend to Covid since the vaccine roll-out. That's such a blessing gifted to us by the hard work of scientists worldwide.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Steam.Jo wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:25 pmA few days of intensive stitching therapy is required :wink:
I'm afraid at the moment my most energetic activity is reading books I have read before so it doesn't matter if I miss bit. That and sleeping, I'm quite good at sleeping...
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mags

Post by mags »

Hope you feel better soon Mabel
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Real bone-deep fatigue is one of the symptoms of these variants, that's for sure. Take care, Mabel. :bandaid: :hug: (I've had it, so I can do that!)
richardandtracy

I seem to have picked COVID up from a colleague who followed government advice to come in while feeling well despite testing positive. He came in to our office masked up on Tuesday from his office for 3 minutes, now 2 of the 3 in the office have it.Not very happy.

Feeling very tired and shaky at the moment. It's not helped that Ive done a full days design work today, as I must finish a full container design in 10 days from first learning of the requirement. Normally they take at least 3 years.

Regards,

Richard.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am so sorry to,hear that Richard. At the government’s advice? I had totally asymptomatic Covid and only tested because I’d be exposed. The medicine that is available now if you are having symptoms, and it sounds like you do, is supposed to be very helpful. Please try and take care of yourself, despite work requirements because you need to be around after 10 days. I just got my flu vaccine shot today and will get my Covid booster in 2 weeks. Come on here and take rests or even quick naps. There is no where better than St Cross Stitchers clinic for getting TLC on demand.

Carole
:hug: (I had Covid so I can do this)
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Oh Dear, Richard! :doh:

Following Gov Advice was never a good plan! :roll: ( I don't mean you but your work colleague :tantrum: )

Hears hoping that you have a mild dose and over quickly :bandaid:
Take care of yourself and I hope that your family are OK. :grouphug:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, phooey, Richard.

And I won't even comment on the requirement for you to turn a round a container in 10 days rather than the usual time for R&D. The problem being that you will probably manage, Covid and all, to do a good job. Then TPTB will think it's a reasonable ask...

Anyway, fresh linen and plumped pillows, hopefully you can get some rest! :bandaid: :hug: (as noted above)
fccs

Post by fccs »

Oh, no! Take care of yourself, Richard. Is Tracy free of the COVID cooties, I hope?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
mags

Post by mags »

Sorry you got it Richard, it does seem to be doing the rounds again. :(
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
richardandtracy

So far Tracy hasn't tested positive, but there is little chance it'll stay that way. She's feeling unreasonably tired, pretty much as I did on Friday the day before testing positive. She dropped out of preaching today, too many of the congregation are elderly and we don't want to put them at any risk.

At the moment, for me, it's like mild 'flu. I feel hot and cold at the same time and ache all over. But little coughing and no runny nose. Me sense of taste and smell is normally poor, and seems mostly unaffected so far. Well, I say that, but this morning I didn't smell a dirty cat tray that was bad enough to awake Tracy. Maybe it is affecting me - to the good.
I did manage to finish my work before lunch. Fortunately I had the powerful work laptop that means I can do it from home. Then I retired to bed after lunch.
As for doing a container in 10 days, there is a good and exceptional reason and it's a strong enough reason for me to grit my teeth and work through what I feel. Sorry, can't say more.

Regards,

Richard
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Fair enough, in your line of work. Glad you could power through it and go to bed. Getting well and then having time and space to convalesce, is important with Covid, doctors are finding.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Hope you are well on the way to recovery Richard, and that Tracy managed to escape it.
richardandtracy

In answer to your query, Roland, I am recovering and have tested negative now for a couple of days. I have to say, I can't believe how tired I feel and how little stamina I have. It's just ridiculous.

Fortunately the rest of the family seems to have avoided it. Tracy had a booster at her work on the very day I must have caught it, and seems to have benefited from it enormously.

Regards,

Richard.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Good news about Tracy.

Your stay in St Cross Stitchers will be extended as you have been moved to the convalescent ward, which has the best views of the gardens and the loch. Also, through those revolving doors, access to the Stash & Grab... :bandaid: medicinally, of course.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Pleased that Tracy has avoided the Nasty Bug! :D

Take care Richard and don't rush the recovery period, R&R has been prescribed by Dr TinyCat. :kitty:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Pay attention to the above posts! As my son tells me when I am recovering from anything from a sore back to Covid "Don't Overdo It", since I have a tendency to plow full speed ahead once I'm feeling better. That is a sure way to have a relapse, as I have unfortunately learned too often.
Glad Tracy didn't catch it and glad you are on the road to recovery.

Carole
:D
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat