'Our Lyudmila

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

richardandtracy

Re: 'Our Lyudmila

Post by richardandtracy »

Jo,

Think you may have had a tripe writing error there. Keep it up.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Lyudmila I just wanted to say we are all still sending you our love and best wishes in these difficult times. :wub:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: So looking forward to the day that this is over for you, your family and your country. And the day that you can read this post and tell us you are still with us.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I received a text saying "thank you for caring". I did try to find out where Lyudmila is, but that information wasn't included. I'm sure there are good reasons.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you for the information, Serinde. Knowing that she is still alive, still able to send a message is comforting. I can’t imagine how horrific this has been for her. I so admire the Ukrainians.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

With the horrendous news today of an apartment block in Kyiv being shelled, I wish we knew Lyudmila is safe.

I pray for Lyudmila, her family and the people of Ukraine every day.

If somehow Lyudmila can see this, know you are in our hearts and we send you all our love and all of us want peace in your beautiful country.

Another 20 huge lorries left for Poland on Saturday laden with donations from North Wales.
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thank you for the 'good' news Serinade. Lets hope things sort themselves out and this horrendous situation stops.

If you want to find where Lyudmila was living before then if she was using a land internet connection her IP address will be able to localise where she was in Kyiv. Ariel satellite pictures will show you how close the shelling has been to her original location, but I am still looking for a reliable up-to-date source of these :tantrum:

Jo

fccs

Post by fccs »

My heart is breaking for Lyudmila, her family, and all Ukranians. I hope she can feel our prayers, love, and support. It's such a helpless feeling, watching the news and not being able to do anything directly to help.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Couldn't agree more, Debby.

As a civilian, there is little that can be done right now to help. What help civilians outside Ukraine can do to slow the invasion has been done already (it's civilians who make, package & transport the defence materiel being used). Beyond that, it's down to the military.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

After seeing the apartment blocks in Keiv on fire I sent Lyudmyla another quick email asking her "to be as careful as you can and keep safe". Her reply came quite a bit later " I will try" .So as of 7pm Aus Eastern Standard time she was still OK.
" Thank You Lord for answering our prayers so far and we pray that Lyudmyla and her family stay safe and well. Amen"
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

:horn: This is what passes as an official announcement :horn: :horn:

The forum is not a political place, generally speaking, and we all try, I think, to keep the topics related to textiles, stitching and a bit of cat-based humour. The forum is usually a relaxing place outside the normal world.

We Mods realise that these are anything but normal times. Worse still, one of our own is in danger. Some of us know others in the war zone. The war in Ukraine has tentacles that reach out far and wide, and it would create a certain amount of dissonant to ignore it. For this reason, we have decided to contain it.

Above all, we Mods want the forum to continue to be a place all of you are comfortable visiting.

Please keep any political discussion about the Ukrainian situation within this thread and the Stash & Grab. The S&G can also be used for other political discussion if necessary. If we find it anywhere else, it will be deleted. If any discussion gets too heated and threatens forum order, the thread will be locked. In the worst case, a thread could be deleted entirely. (There are also ways to discipline individual members, but we've never had to do that in all the years we've been up and running, and we don't intend to start now. Just so you know.)

And there are a few rules, not that I expect that these will need to be enforced. (1) keep it clean; (2) comment on the argument or the position taken, not the person making it -- no ad hominems. This applies equally to the president of Russia as to a member of the forum.

Above all, think before you post. Remember that this is an open forum, and your comments can be read by anyone logging in.

Any questions? Contact your local mods.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Wise words, Serinde, thank you.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Heartily agree. :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Sally, thank you for letting us know about your recent contact with Lyudmilla. I keep writing sentences to try to say what I feel in my heart but the words never come out right. I do hope that she has been able to look at the forum and see how much we care about her and her family and her country and how much we are looking forward to having her back with us because that will mean this war is over and they are safe.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Friends just to let you know, I had a very brief answer from Lyudmyla to a brief hello from me. It was 'THANK YOU SALLY- It was timed at 6pm EST (or in other words 6pm eastern standard time) So thankful to get even such a brief reply is good news.. I know we are all keeping the prayers going - thank you.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

and thank you Sally for keeping us as updated as you can.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

rcperryls wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:02 pm and thank you Sally for keeping us as updated as you can.

Carole
Agreed, and hopefully we will be hearing a new update soon :pray: :pray:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

It is now a month since we last had an update from Lyudmila on her wonderful pieces she was working on and Putin's started this War on Ukraine.

I hope both her and her family are well and we will soon get to hear from her again. I cannot imaging what she is going through, it seems so insignificant to keep sending her our love and best wishes with all that is going on around her :cry:

Jo

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Reassuring news, Sally.

Jo, don't despair. Love is never insignificant, it's the very foundation of the world. :idea:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I have just heard from Lyudmila. :whoop:
I sent a brief email sending our love and hopes for her and her family's safety.
She replied very quickly saying
"Thank you so much"

Short but sweet! :dance:
Last edited by wendywombat on Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.