'Our Lyudmila

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: 'Our Lyudmila

Post by rcperryls »

Steam.Jo wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:34 am Thank you Serinde for contacting Lyudmila and for giving us hope with her reply.

The World changed on 24th Feb last year for all of us but that is nothing with how it changed for the good people of Ukraine what they have had to and continue to endure.

Jo
I agree completely. I have "subscribed" to this topic and when I got the message that you had posted something, I came straight here in hopes that it was news you had heard from her. Thank you for letting her know we think and pray for her and her country. Their fortitude, courage and endurance is inspiring.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

rcperryls wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:26 pm
Steam.Jo wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:34 am Thank you Serinde for contacting Lyudmila and for giving us hope with her reply.

The World changed on 24th Feb last year for all of us but that is nothing with how it changed for the good people of Ukraine what they have had to and continue to endure.

Jo
I agree completely. Thank you for letting her know we think and pray for her and her country. Their fortitude, courage and endurance is inspiring.

Carole
I agree completely too, it's madness that this situation has carried on for a whole year and will do for goodness knows how long until a certain bullying liar see sense or more likely is made to see sense.

I :pray: Lyudmila and her lovely family stay safe, and all of Ukraine and it's courageous peoples may soon know peace.
fccs

Post by fccs »

Oh, thank you for letting us know. I think of her daily and I pray for the Ukrainian people, and I hope they defeat Putin's forces soon.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I have sent our birthday greetings to Lyudmila, and she has sent her love back to all.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you Serinde. Every reply you receive from Lyudmila feels like a gift from her to us. What she and her countrymen and women are enduring is beyond my imagination.

Carole
:shock:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

So good to hear she's still able to send messages. Heart warming.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I sent Easter greetings to Lyudmila yesterday (Orthodox Easter), and mentioned her beautiful Easter bread cloths, always stitched "in hand". :wub:

She sends back her love and greetings to everyone here.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you so much for that info. I pray for the day that we can hear from her right here. I cannot imagine what she and her family and countrymen are experiencing. They are all a real "Profile in Courage".

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

:grouphug:
So pleased she's OK.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
fccs

Post by fccs »

I’m so glad she’s still okay, and like Carole, I look forward to the day when she can rejoin us here. My thoughts and prayers are still with her, her family, and all Ukrainians.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

This morning while I was planting out my courgette plants in my vegetable plot I was listening to the Ukrainian Gunfire less than a mile from my house and I found myself thinking about Lyudmila. For me this gunfire is a sound of hope because we are training her country people so they can return home to defend themselves and their country.

Very infrequently (about 5 times in the last 20 years) we get the extremely loud and echoing sound of a bomb being detonated out towards the same ranges. I cannot imagine what it is like to live with the threat of bombs landing where I live day in, day out, it is not a nice sound and it is like no other sound I know.

We are still thinking about you Lyudmila :grouphug: .

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I cannot begin to think what it must be like for Lyudmila and her people. I would guess there are still people in the UK who are in their 80's who remember what it was like as a child during WWII. My thoughts and prayers and hopes for her and her country for this horrendous war to be over soon. Lyudmila, when (not if) you see this thread, you will know we are thinking of you and miss you.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
fccs

Post by fccs »

I think about Ukraine daily and what the people there are going through is something I can’t imagine. An independent country suddenly being attacked by a more powerful, greedy one is just hard to fully understand. I don’t think most of us can fully understand what the Ukrainian people are suffering through and it just breaks my heart. Lyudmila and her fellow Ukrainians are in my thoughts and prayers always.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Arianwen

Post by Arianwen »

Apologies for bumping this but has anyone heard from Lyudmila recently?

She is often in my thoughts and I realised this thread hasnt been updated in a month or two
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

No apologies needed. I’ve been thinking a lot about her also. As far as I know, Serinde is the one who has been most in touch with her, and usually lets us know when she gets an email. With so much happening there, I am amazed and thankful e ery time we do hear something, because I can’t imagine it is easy to keep internet connections working.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
fccs

Post by fccs »

I’ve been thinking about her and I pray she’s safe and well.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Thank you for jogging my memory. Lyudmila has been on my mind, too, what with everything going on. This was the reply I received today:

Thank you for still remembering me. And thank you to all who care.
Give my love to all our forumers.
Lyudmila
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thank you Serinde for passing on Lyudmila's message.

It is so hard to think that today it is 500 days since the start of this appalling war caused by Putin on the good people of Ukraine.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Arianwen

Post by Arianwen »

Thank you so much for the update Serinde. Glad to hear she is still doing ok
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you for the update, Serinde. And thank you Arianwen for asking about her. I cannot begin to imagine what life is like for her, her family and all Ukrainians. Every time we hear from her I feel a sense of relief that she is still doing okay.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat