fccs’s not cross stitch 2022

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fccs

fccs’s not cross stitch 2022

Post by fccs »

I (finally) finished (sort of) the second temperature afghan. This one is July through December. It’s upside down in the photo - July is at the bottom with the reds (and the 100 degree white), and December is at the top. The ends haven’t been woven in yet which is why it’s a “sort of” finish.

Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Re: fccs’s not cross stitch 2022

Post by rcperryls »

It is a lovely Afghan. And I know it will keep you (or is it being given to some lucky person?) warm when those autumn and winter colors indicate what the temperature is.
One thing about a cross stitch Afghan is that I don’t have long ends to weave in. Just small threads that I can cope with on a regular basis. I love the colors in yours. Congratulations

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Such an interesting way of creating a pattern, and doesn't it make a lovely blanket!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Gosh Debby that is absolutely beautiful.

It certainly looks warm and cosy and is bound to make whoever is under it feel the same.

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
mags

Post by mags »

That is lovely and great choice of colours :applesauce:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:35 am It is a lovely Afghan. And I know it will keep you (or is it being given to some lucky person?) warm when those autumn and winter colors indicate what the temperature is.
One thing about a cross stitch Afghan is that I don’t have long ends to weave in. Just small threads that I can cope with on a regular basis. I love the colors in yours. Congratulations

Carole
I feel the same way about weaving in the ends as I do back stitching....I should always do both as I go. In this case (and the other temperature afghan), I failed to do that. Hopefully they won't have to live in my closet too long. :x:
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Wonderful afghan, although the subject is -- obviously-- very sobering and fabulously represented.
Roland

Post by Roland »

I love it.
fccs

Post by fccs »

I started another temperature afghan before I went to California last week. I haven’t picked it up since I’ve been back, but here’s where I am. This one is for my son and dil for their last year in Cheyenne. Each bobble in the top row represents the low temperature for the day and each in the bottom row represents the high temperature. The grey bobbles are for the days in June 2022 when the kids had left Cheyenne and were en route to their new home. I’ll separate each month with a few rows of the grey.

Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

How clever and how lovely and colorful this will be! However do you make the bobbles? Looking forward to seeing these updates!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
mags

Post by mags »

Love the bobbles :D
mags

WIPs:
various bits and bobs
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:59 pm How clever and how lovely and colorful this will be! However do you make the bobbles? Looking forward to seeing these updates!

Carole
Bobbles are made of five double crochets in one stitch. Make five partial double crochets (omit the final draw through two loops) so you end up with six loops on the hook. Then yarn over and draw through all six. They're worked from the wrong side so they poof out on the right side. Super easy and fun.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

What a great idea!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs

Post by fccs »

I finished another month, so here is the afghan with Cheyenne’s lows and highs for May and June. I really need to weave in the ends before I start another month. Ugh.

Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: This is going to be a beautiful afghan when all put together. Really will brighten bleak, gray winter days.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
mags

Post by mags »

This is going to be brilliant. Love the colours. :D
mags

WIPs:
various bits and bobs
fccs

Post by fccs »

I’ve been working on the temperature afghan for my son and DIL but I doubt it will be done for Christmas. I’m at their house now and can only work on it when they’re not home. They left Sunday for a cruise and don’t get home until tomorrow night so I have another couple days before I have to hide it away. I figure I’ll give it to them anyway, and once it’s been gifted I can work on it in front of them. And if I don’t finish by the time I have to leave, I’ll just leave it here and finish it whenI come back in January. I had to restart it in November because I lost count somewhere and the sides were wonky. I’m now using stitch markers, which takes longer but the placements are much better. This is November 21 through June 22 so I have June 21 through October 22 left. (The lows for October were actually finished last night but I didn’t take a new picture.)

And yesterday, one of the dogs decided my instructions had to be punished for an unknown crime. I had a lot of handwritten notes on the paper but I think I’ve managed to recreate them from memory.

This is the culprit. :wub:

Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: It is looking great! The paper must have done something very serious to have needed such an execution. Is capital punishment allowed in Virginia (I think that is where you said your son and DIL had moved?). I like your idea of giving the unfinished afghan to them. Especially that is what I intend to do with my Star Wars afghan for my son.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
fccs

Post by fccs »

This is where I stopped yesterday so I could wrap it up for Christmas. I only have three months left to do, plus the border and the endless tails that have to be woven in. (The pup in the photo is not the one that punished my directions.)

Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I know they are going to love the afghan. It is so pretty and unique! And the pup looks like he appreciates the afghan and would never rip up directions. Just enjoying being on the sofa sleeping near it.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat