Happy Birthday, Steam.Jo!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Happy Birthday, Steam.Jo!

Post by Serinde »

:balloons: And many happy returns of the day! :balloons: :happybirthday: :partyhat: :gift: :toast: :sun:
Steam.Jo

Re: Happy Birthday, Steam.Jo!

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thank you Serinde :)

As they say: "21 again, 21 again, I've got the key to the door (1), don't remember being 21 no more"

Off to my Qigong class shortly, sadly no sewing group this afternoon so I will have to take them cakes next week. We will see what happens after that :wine:

Jo

1. MX-5, who I have named "Minx" :whoop:
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
mags

Post by mags »

Happy Birthday :whoop: :toast: :cake: :cake: :cake: :toast: :whoop:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JO!
HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERBUBBLE DAY!
:cake: :gift: :toast: :mexicanwave:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:balloons: :happybirthday: :toast: :gift: :balloons:
Wishing you many many more Happy Birthdays!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thank you Ladies :D

It has not been the birthday I hoped for: Towards the end of my Zoom Qigong class the earth leakage breaker tripped for the house. I have spent the time since then fault finding. The good news is that I have reduced the potential sources to the lighting circuit but finding the actual cause continues :doh:

I have had enough of that game for today so I have put out a nice piece of cheese to warm ready for my pudding and started preparing my dinner. I have been given a bottle of fizz pop to go with dinner so it is time to give up for today and relax :D

Jo

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Here's hoping that the rest of your birthday day goes much smoother. A nice dinner and a relaxing evening sounds like the perfect way to finish off the day!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Happy Birthday Jo! xxx
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thank you Nicola,

I've survived another birthday and yes the evening was very pleasant. No stitching but lots of friends phoning up to tell me they had remembered it was the day I became another year older :)

My birthday present to myself, possibly for the rest of the week, is to go up into the loft to try to find and fix the intermittent electrical fault on the house wiring. It is one of those faults that goes away on its own and reappears for no apparent reason :doh: My body is already telling me it is not as young as it once was so I will have to pace myself.

Jo

richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Gaah!
That's not great. Sorry your birthday was disrupted.

The last almost untraceable electrical fault we had was a real odd one. It turned out that we had a slug slide over the earth & neutral inside a socket in our hall. The slime trail popped the RCD when humid and not when it was dry. Also, with our neutral floating in voltage relative to earth, sometimes when it was humid I'm sure there wasn't enough current to pop the RCD. What made it even more difficult to find was the socket box was on the kitchen ring main, yet it was located in the hall. I dismantled the kitchen ring in the kitchen & study/scullery, tested each socket, each piece of cable, re-assembled and it still didn't work. We only found the faulty socket when my youngest daughter complained that the router was unpowered so she had no internet for her Netflix, and the router was in the hall. Whoever wired our house deserves shooting.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

We have both creative piping and electrics in our 120-yr-old house, as you can imagine. But at the moment DH is doing battle with Sky, who say we have no internet coming to the skybox. Which is curious, since we have internet useable everywhere else in the house via the same router... They are now going to send an engineer on Thurs. :roll: