2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Steam.Jo

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Steam.Jo »

Great News :tizzy:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Wonderful news!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs

Post by fccs »

Fantastic!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

So pleased all went well. Speedy recovery! :dance:
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

What a happy relief!

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Patch came off. Eye looks good. Still blurry but will go away slowly Ma be up to 2 or 3 months but this needed to be done before they can determine if the cataract is severe enough to warrant removal. Someone asked me if it was hard getting older. My reply is always. More to get done maybe, but the alternative is not acceptable. Stole that my stepmother who lived well into her 90’s.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Sounds good so far!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you all for your good wishes. Hopefully tomorrow I am going to all caught up on all the threads I haven’t read an replied to. Until then, thank you all again. I hope you know how encouraging y’all have been to me in this crazy 2023 year. I am so ready to be relatively bored for a while. Not going to happen , but it sounds like a week or two would be welcome.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Brief update. Like I said still blurry, and lots of eyedrops (which I hate) this week. Richard, I agree it is so scary to think of someone working on your eye, and I was sedated but not to the point of sleep so I was awake the whole time, but the station took away any anxiety or fear I might have experienced. I could hear everything like the doctor saying "forceps" or "scalpel" but it was like I was seeing images of clouds with figures in them, a laser show, other images. It wasn't even like the nitrous oxide at the dentist (don't go near my teeth until I am drunk on laughing gas). I was relaxed and the anesthesiologist said she was able to keep me at a very low level of sedation because my vital signs didn't show any need to increase the amount I was getting. I think it was the weirdest experience I've had with all the medical ^&*O*^ I've been through this year.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Eye surgery is one of the few things that scares me, medically speaking, so I thank you for this description of your treatment.
richardandtracy

I confess I am very squeamish.
I had a knee operation done with a local and muscle relaxant. At one point the surgeon asked me to hold onto the trolley/table so the rough manipulation wouldn't dump me on the floor. I was also unable to stop seeing the camera view from the endoscope as the end of my thigh bone was ground away to provoke re-growth. It was an utterly horrible experience (fortunately 31 years ago so the memory fades), so imagining an eye op from the inside view... No, no, no!

Anyway, I am pleased & relieved you're recovering Carole.

Regards,

Richard
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Last night I was talking with a friend who has had cataract surgery (which is still ahead of me but probably not till next year) and her experience was very very similar to mine. Sedated but not asleep and experiencing the "light show" and feeling none of the anxiety which you'd think there would be. On nitrous at the dentist, it feels like I've had one drink too many. Not like that at all.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

So pleased that your eye surgery went so well.

I'm with Richard on this...being conscious during surgery!! I found just watching eye surgery as a nurse in theatre bad enough., let alone being on the sharp end of a scalpel :doh:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I think watching eye surgery would be harder than what I went through. I don’t know what combination of drugs they use but it was ridiculous how unanxious I felt. I’ve never worn contact lenses because I get freaked out about anything that close to my eye (because of a weird incident in college many decades ago, when a girl I did not know asked me to help,her get her contact lens from under her eyelid where it had traveled to. I helped her, but I knew right then I was never ever going to let anyone, let alone a stranger, get their finger near my eyeball. Ever) And the other thing that I don’t understand is how my eye could have been open for as long as it was and never had even an urge to blink. Have to ask the doctor about that. I have a follow up with him this week.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Roland

Post by Roland »

Glad the surgery went well Carole. Years ago I had laser surgery on both eyes. I’m not sure I can accurately describe the reason. Pressure was building in the back of my eyes. I felt nothing and it didn’t affect my vision, but it was doing damage, and left untreated there would have been vision loss that was unrecoverable. The doctor had to put a hole in the back for drainage. I was sitting up, and had nothing for anxiety….and I had undiagnosed anxiety anyway, so it was unpleasant. There was something holding my eyes open. (The scene in Clockwork Orange reminds me of it. If you’ve never seen the movie and want to see, google “Clockwork Orange Eyes”.
Roland

Post by Roland »

My shoulder is doing better, but still some pain. I have the MRI booked for next month.

I also have numbness in my fingers on that hand. I thought it was related to the shoulder, but the Sports Medicine Doctor said it’s not. He’s referring me to a neurologist who will do a test, I think it’s called a Nerve Conduction Velocity test. Still haven’t heard from the neurologist with a date for appointment though.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Glad your shoulder is better and hope that the neurologist will be able to help you even more. I am sorry your eye surgery was far more difficult than mine. Sounds like yours was more difficult.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Roland

Post by Roland »

It was completely pain free. Instructions were to use drops and wear sunglasses for a few weeks when outside
richardandtracy

Roland,

Look after your shoulder. Hopefully the MRI will find that whatever is causing the problem will heal itself.

Regards,

Richard
Roland

Post by Roland »

MRI was delayed by hospital, but I finally got it done last weekend. My FP sent me a copy of the report, and an email telling me to book an appointment to discuss. I already have an appointment booked with the sports med doctor, so I asked if I needed both. He said no because first I need physio, and probably won’t need surgery. Well!

Anyway….I still have not got appointment with neurologist, and the therapy I’m currently doing causes pain.

I am so fed up with how much our health insurance does not cover. And I’ve already used up what my private insurance covers for therapy. If I get surgery, my provincial insurance would cover the therapy, but otherwise I pay. (Yes I would like some cheese with that whine. :toast: