Supporting the forum 2024

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Supporting the forum 2024

Post by Serinde »

We've had lots of glitches lately, and we've been saved by the expertise of Alex, as usual.

Don't know about you, but I really enjoy the forum. I'm also astonished it's been up and running since, what? 2008? Wonder what the longevity of other forums like ours is. The point I'm working towards in a crab-like fashion, is that it may be free to us to use, but actually it's not really free. Domain names cost money to rent, for instance. The time it takes for Alex to keep firewalls up and the bad guys out isn't exactly cost-free, either.

We can do something to help! By becoming a "supporter" for £10, it means you've helped maintain a place we all enjoy meeting up, whether it's to visit the Stash & Grab, read the Daily news and Funnies, or admire each others' gorgeous stitching...

How? Go here and scroll down. If that won't work for you, contact Alex to find out how best to contribute.

Who knows? If we all do it, we might get our emojis back. I suspect they've been kidnapped by the monkeys on the far side of the loch, who are holding them for ransom in return for ice cream, birthday cake, and glasses of wine (being the only creatures barred from the S&G, for bad behaviour not confined to smashing crockery; should have seen the ball pool...). :shock:
rcperryls

Re: Supporting the forum 2024

Post by rcperryls »

Despite my being an awol moderator and stitcher, I was very concerned when I saw Serinde's email about the forum being down. I quickly went to donate to Alex because awol doesn't mean I am not here, it means I haven't started stitching. Anyway, I'll type a more apologetic post. But the forum means a lot to me and I do not want it to once again have a long time being down. So even if it appears I'm awol, that means gone without leave, not gone forever.

Carole
:oops:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Just hope it's enough to cover the forum costs. If you can get Alex to shout out if it's not, that'd be appreciated.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

yes indeed, I really appreciate all that Alex does to give us the Forum, so Alex please speak up - personally or via mods - if it needs more funds!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I keep trying to remember to do it every 1 Jan along with other housekeeping stuff here on the forum... done now!
fccs

Post by fccs »

Done. Like others said, please let us know if more is needed…I’m sure it will be. I’ve made many friends here, and have even met some in person, I’ve learned a lot despite being an experienced stitcher, and I’ve made lots of purchases thanks to all you wonderful enablers. It’s hard to put a price on the value of this forum, but I am willing to give more.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends