Cross Stitch Forum Map

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Alex
Site Admin

Cross Stitch Forum Map

Post by Alex »

You might well notice the new 'Map' button on the main menu.

Well, We had a request for a map on the forum, so people could watch the forum grow around the world. And this is indeed the all new Cross Stitch Forum Map.

To add yourself to the map, you'll need to follow the following steps...

1. Log In.

2. Click 'Profile' on the main menu.

3. Scroll down the page to the 'Map' heading, and click the 'Find your Coordinates' link.

4. A page will open with a map, simply navigate with your mouse [you can zoom in and out using the + - symbols on the left.] Then, when you've found your location, double click the place on the map and a flag will pop up.

5. Click the text 'Set this as my location.' The box will close.

6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the 'Submit' button to re-submit your profile.

7. Then visit the Map page, and you should be listed. If you're not happy with your location you can go back to step 2 and start over.

If you get into any problems, just reply to this thread and we will try to help you out.

Alex.
Last edited by Alex on Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Thank you, Alex! :D
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

cool map, and as I managed to add myself first attempt it must mean it was easy and straight forward to use!

thanks Alex!
barbarah

Post by barbarah »

Hi,

I was going to put my name or position on the map and the page came up but did not have a map on it.
Have a Nice Day,

Barbara.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:shock: :( I have tried following the instructions to put myself on the map, but all I get is a blank page the same as barbarah! What am I doing wrong?? :cry:
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

I get a blank page too. I wondered if it's because I use a Mac?
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Nothing to do with your Mac. When the map was up and working, I had no trouble with my Mac.
BromsgroveMan
Site Admin

The Maps Back!

Post by BromsgroveMan »

Hi All.

We've been looking at the Map issue and it seems a common problem caused by an update Google made to its Maps feature.

We believe we repaired the map so it should now be back? Any problems please post them in this thread and we will have a look.

Best regards,
Chris @ zookx
raelou

Post by raelou »

thank you i have been able to get on the map now
Robzeebobs

Map

Post by Robzeebobs »

Hi Alex I can find Oxford and a flag appears, but nothing shows up anywhere to "set as my location". Help please :(
BromsgroveMan
Site Admin

Post by BromsgroveMan »

Hi Robzeebobs,

Chris here, That sounds odd, are you setting it up in your Profile or clicking on the Map area of the top menu?

Basically the following steps should work for you...

Click 'Profile' on the main menu.

Scroll down the page to the 'Map' heading, and click the 'Find your Coordinates' link.

A page will open with a map, simply navigate with your mouse [you can zoom in and out using the + - symbols on the left.] Then, when you've found your location, double click the place on the map and a flag will appear along with a pop up white box.

Click the text 'Set this as my location.' in the white box and the box will close taking you back to your Profile set up page.

Scroll down to the bottom of the Profile page, and click the 'Submit' button to re-submit your profile.

Then visit the Map page, and you should be listed?

If you are doing the above then the only thing I can think of off hand is that you might have JavaScript disabled in your browser?
Robzeebobs

Map

Post by Robzeebobs »

Thanks Chris I was following those instructions, but I'll have another go, and check the javascript thing. I tried it in both Opera and IE7. :)
Robzeebobs

Map

Post by Robzeebobs »

Yeh! It worked perfectly this time. (javascript was enabled). Thanks again Chris. :D :D :D :D
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:cry: Well I've done all I can, followed instructions, enabled everything |I can think of BUT I still can't get onto the Map! All I get is a blank screen. I type in my nearest town i.e Toulouse but Zilch, Nada,Rien , :evil: :cry: HELP please.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Done it, am on the Map, :D Had to use Internet Explorer, Firefox wouldn't do it :?
BromsgroveMan
Site Admin

Post by BromsgroveMan »

Glad everyone is getting on the map at last.

The Instructions should work with Firebox as well as IE, I just moved myself a few hundred yards up the road and it all worked fine.

If anyone does have problems with the pop up maps in the Profile area, then you can always get your Longitude & Latitude co0ordinates from one of these online map sites and just enter them into the Longitude & Latitude boxes on your profile and add yourself that way. Just a thought anyway.

Cheers.
MrXStitch

Re: Cross Stitch Forum Map

Post by MrXStitch »

Alex wrote:You might well notice the new 'Map' button on the main menu.

Well, We had a request for a map on the forum, so people could watch the forum grow around the world. And this is indeed the all new Cross Stitch Forum Map.

To add yourself to the map, you'll need to follow the following steps...

1. Log In.

2. Click 'Profile' on the main menu.

3. Scroll down the page to the 'Map' heading, and click the 'Find your Coordinates' link.

4. A page will open with a map, simply navigate with your mouse [you can zoom in and out using the + - symbols on the left.] Then, when you've found your location, double click the place on the map and a flag will pop up.

5. Click the text 'Set this as my location.' The box will close.

6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the 'Submit' button to re-submit your profile.

7. Then visit the Map page, and you should be listed. If you're not happy with your location you can go back to step 2 and start over.

If you get into any problems, just reply to this thread and we will try to help you out.

Alex.
Erm, hi.
Does this work anymore? I can't seem to find it..? :thinks:
Come and visit Mr X Stitch - the number 1 contemporary embroidery blog! http://www.mrxstitch.com
Have you heard Stitching n Junk - the world's best stitching podcast! http://mrxstitch.libsyn.com/
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

I can see absolutely no Map reference anywhere. Not in main menu, nor profile menu. :?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

I can't find any reference to it either :?
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

The map was disabled when we moved over to here from the old site. Not sure if it's coming back on or not.
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog