Update on Puppy hunting

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kymbaker

Update on Puppy hunting

Post by kymbaker »

Chris and I have been to see several differnt puppies, yes I took your advice and took him with me. So far we have managed to cross 4 breeds of our list.

We did on Saturday find a perfect 1 year old lab x boxer dog, she was just perfect, so well trained, loved walking etc. So we are going back to see her again tomorrow and then if all goes well we have agreed with her current owners to take her on a weeks trial. the owners don't really want to get rid of her but due to a new baby and job they don't have the time for her.

We are also going to look at a 18 month old Jack russell tonight as we have decided to continue looking just increase the Lab cross doesn;t work out.

I'll keep you up dated
Serinde

Re: Update on Puppy hunting

Post by Serinde »

:shock: A lab - boxer cross!! OMG! Drooly but willing?? Could be wonderful, especially if trained.

Jack Russells need LOTS of exercise. The ones I know are lovely, but very 'child-like'.
Last edited by Serinde on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Sounds like a very interesting combo.... :o I like Jack's but they are very hipper, bounce off walls, and I have heard they can leave a heck of a mess if they decide to chew.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Krissy

Post by Krissy »

Good luck!! I hope the lab works out for you.

Most of your smaller breeds are really hyper. Some of your larger breeds are hyper and need lots of exercise, expecially if you get a breed that is generally used for hunting like terriers. But if you have a treadmill you can exercise them on it. Boxers are great dogs and so are labs. I have a yellow lab now, she's the first one I've ever owned and one of three dogs I've had that goes well with my family life. The other two were a boxer/pitbull mix and a red devil pitbull. Lucy (my lab) did go through a chewing stage, but she no longer chews on things.
http://www.youravon.com/kristinabowser" target="_blank

Current WIPs:
Happily Ever After
Santa's Buddies Stocking
Crafter's Corner Stocking
Princesses
scotia

Post by scotia »

I hope the Lab/Boxer works out, she sounds like a lot of fun!
At least you won't have to go through the toilet training stage :D if it works out, just buy lots of very strong chews!!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Rose wrote:Sounds like a very interesting combo.... :o I like Jack's but they are very hipper, bounce off walls, and I have heard they can leave a heck of a mess if they decide to chew.
And if they done bounce off the walls. They will chew right thru them..
And JR's dont need lots of excersise-they demand it and will amuse themselves with all sorts if they are ignored..........A fun breed. :roll:
Linda
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

She sounds gorgeous!
If you do decide to get we will want lots of pictures of course. :D

When we got our staffy from the rescue we were lucky and she just settled straight away, now it's hard to imagine her not being here.

I hope it all goes really, really well today when you see her again.

Oh, and what happened with the Jack Russell as well?
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog