Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

Hi everybody, I'm Lynne, I am a cross stitch addict and have several projects on the go at the moment. I am divorced with five grown up children and ten grandchildren ( with another one due in September). I am more or less house bound due to osteo-arthritis so would welcome new friends and contacts. Look forward to hearing from any of you soon. :P
Smile, life is too short for sour faces
raelou

Post by raelou »

Welcome Lynne, I'm still quite new to this board, but have fun meeting new friends. :D
lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

Hi stressedstitcher, thank you for the welcome, it's reassuring to know there are other newbies. I skimmed through the message board earlier and everyone seems very friendly. : :)
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Hello Lynne, welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear that you suffer from osteoarthritis, but I'm sure that you'll enjoy meeting everyone here and we look forward to hearing more about you. What projects are you working on at the moment? :D
lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

Hi English Rose, I'm currently stitching an Egyptian cat design on black aida, from a chart in Cross Stitcher magazine. I am also working on "African Angel" I like to tackle large projects but usually have a couple of small things on the go as well, at the moment these include two baby samplers for my daughter and her friend.
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

I think I know the Egyptian cat design you are stitching, Lynne - it's lovely. I'm really impressed that you're stitching on black aida. Do you have a light underneath your fabric? I tried to stitch a Christmas card on dark blue aida a few years ago and had to give up after a while. I just couldn't see what I was doing. :shock: Since then I have stayed well clear of dark fabrics.
I'm working on a bell pull at the moment and also trying my hand at Hardanger. I'm using the Mary Hickmott book 'Easing into Hardanger' - so far so good! :roll:
lynne.walker01

Post by lynne.walker01 »

If you have problems with dark colours try putting a white towel or pillowcase on your lap. The holes show up quite well. I must admit I am a bit of a coward when it comes to different fabrics and tend to stick to Aida, but I am going to try something different :roll:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome from Canada. Glad you found us. I have just finished a Mail Art (in the gallery) now I have to find the mistake in my bellpull. I have a UFO in black that I just can't stitch, I have tried everything, lights, white fabric etc. My next step is to wait until summer so I can stitch outside, hopefully that will work. The main problem (beside my eyes hehe) is that the colours I am using are darkish, (greys and tans) . That doesn't help. Happy stitching everyone
Linda