Another Newbie!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Polly

Another Newbie!

Post by Polly »

Hi everyone, I'm Polly. Am new on here I have been looking at the boards for a while and everyone seems really friendly so I decided to take the plunge! I'm 35, a teacher, and live between Manchester and Liverpool wih my husband and kids (12 and 13). I have been stitching since a fateful day about 16 years ago when, home from uni and bored, my mum asked me to finish a border off for her and then I was hooked!! :wink: Have stitched various things including Lavender and Lace, Just Nan, Shepherds Bush etc but would by no means say I was experienced or expert - I just plod on in my own way!! Am currently doing An Open Heart by Drawn Thread and have in fact just done the drawn thread bit - it took me about two days to pluck up the courage to take scissors to my stitching it's the first time I have done that kind of thing unsupervised! Am also doing the DMC Chrysanthemum and allium - I like to have a few things on the go. Am looking forward to chating with you all.

Polly
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome to the group, glad you found us. I am working on a bellpull which I have frog some of it tonite, I just can't figure out what the mistake is, I know where but just can't seem to see it. You should post some of your stuff to the gallery, we love to see what everyone is stitching. Happy to see new "faces", enjoy your visits.
Linda
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yes, welcome from the West of Scotland, and hope to see your work in the gallery soon.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome from SW France. I shall be taking my scissors to my Hardanger soon, know how you feel!! :shock:
jano0108

Post by jano0108 »

Welcome to the forum Polly, I'm new too. Also fairly new to using the computer and have to keep pestering my sons (15 & 12) how to do things :roll: .
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

welcome to the group!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
raelou

Post by raelou »

Welcome Polly,Hope you enjoy coming to visit,I've only been coming just over a week, It's addictive to see what people have been up to and what they have to say.( I used to live in Warrington just off the East Lancs Road)
Polly

Post by Polly »

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes, I am really looking forward to chatting with everyone, like some other people I don't have many people aound who understand the stitching bug - my mum does but she lives 2 hours drive away and none of my friends locally stitch so I am a solitary stitcher! Hope you are all enjoying the great weather - well in the uk anyway!

Polly x
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Hi Polly,
Welcome to the forum. I'm an ex-teacher - now retired - and only took up stitching since I finished work. I'm working on a bell pull at the moment, as well as attempting to learn Hardanger. The drawn thread you are working on sounds great. Look forward to hearing more from you. :)
charitychik

Post by charitychik »

Welcome to the forum Polly. Hope you make lots of friends :D