Cafe' La Frog

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Cafe' La Frog

Post by Rose »

Ok these :anotherfrog: 's are getting out of hand again. It must be all of this rain we have had here lately. Everytime I pick up this current angel she has me :ribbit: ing. I think we all need to meet in the Stash and Grab and have a big frog fry. Everyone can bring a side dish and the bar keep in the pub will be dishing out all sorts of drinks. I will have my daughter make up a nice big :anotherfrog: shaped cake and we will cut it to teeny tiny bits and that will be the end of that.

Bad :anotherfrog: s :x
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
stitchingmae

Re: Frog Fry

Post by stitchingmae »

I agree...last night after doing have the back stitching that I hate doing....for a square framing the saying on my current WIP. I realized it was the wrong color...i tried saving the thread...but i realized there is something I hate more than back stitching. Frogging back stitching. :gurn: and finally got frustrated and used my scissors to very carefully cut the stitches out...(needs to buy a seam ripper I guess) i read in a magazine about using a seam ripper....i think that's where i read it....or maybe my encycopedia of needlework book.

So I saw that we have the frog cake...and the bartender makes up a drink and colors is green and call it frog away
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

LOL If u ever want to eat real frog's legs they taste like chicken! Not that I am anxious to have a plate of frog's legs in front of me.

socialsue :lol:
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i had real frogs legs the other night at dinner.....fried frogs legs.they are very yummy!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Naughty :anotherfrog: how dare they!! I have a few visit me the other night actually - I've never known anything like it. I was on the phone to OH using hands free while I stitched (I often do this and never have any problems) and damned if I didn't have to :ribbit: the same bunch of about 6 stitches 3 times because I kept doing them in the wrong colour. :doh:
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
minij

Post by minij »

I agree, I have done more :anotherfrog: ing on two simple pieces recently than I have done for ages :thinks:

maemae0410 I have started to use a seam ripper for :anotherfrog: ing, if you are not worried about saving the thread, which usually I am not as I get frustrated, it works really well.

I'mnot sure about the frogs legs but I love a hot choc and piece of :anotherfrog: cake,yummy
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I's that time of year!!! :anotherfrog: :ribbit: :anotherfrog: :ribbit: :anotherfrog:

I lose my ability to count in winter!!! :roll:

I'll bring some French Frogs along!! With legs intact of course!! @rotfl:
kell

Post by kell »

I had to frog everything I had stitched in an hour and a half last night. Wasn't best amused. :(
Angel

Post by Angel »

Ohohoh I'd like cake!
SusanF

Post by SusanF »

Oh no, Mr :ribbit: keep away - I'm about to cut some threads :shock: :shock: :shock:

Think I better join you in the Stash & Grab for a strong coffee and a lovely piece of froggie cake :cake: :cake: :cake:
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

Can I join in? I'm afraid it's not a pure :anotherfrog: Maybe an exotic :anotherfrog: or a snail. Frogs legs and snails go together though don't they?

In my current stitching, no matter how carefully I count, I keep seeming to miss the odd stitch in a colour. Then I have to go back and insert one stitch here and there to complete it. It's so slow and it's driving me :x I don't get why I don't see these things at the time - they are definitely vanishing and reappearing on my pattern!
Granny

Post by Granny »

I'll go for a grasshopper drink. I hate them more than frogs. And don't frogs eat grasshoppers? Since griding I see very few frogs. Of course on back stitching that's a different story. If I hadn't noticed it until I had a lot done it would just be a design change at my house. For seam rippers I suggest the surgical type rather than the regular sewing ones. Some quilting stores carry them and they really are far superior.
Agnes (Granny Agnes)
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

The frog came to visit me last night too!!! Only he fortunately didn't stay too long... I think he got wind that he was being hunted.. :wink:
Faith
Catwoman

Post by Catwoman »

Well, I'm only doing a bookmark at the moment and I have done more frogging on that than any of the bigger projects I have done! :doh:
maggs

Post by maggs »

Please do not send the :ribbit: to any one else please deal with them in the property they know reside in. Not being mean but I don't want them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking

2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
ohstitcher

Post by ohstitcher »

Oh mr :ribbit: has visited me this week too I was stitching on my SK for haed sal and had a good area done only to find out I missed a whole row and had to :anotherfrog: what I had stitched. So I say go for the frog fry my DH loves frog legs so he will be in heaven. Oh and can I have some wine with those legs?
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man ~ Winston Churchill~
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

It's funny that this topic should come up today. I've just started a new project and changed some if the colours. Stitched up one of the colour changes today and realized one of the shades looked awful. I usually unpick to save the thread but was so disgusted with it I took the seam ripper and had a good go at it.

What I hate most about having to frog or unpick though is that I don't want to stitch anymore after that. Just sucks the will to stitch straight out
XandraS...
Happy Stitcher

Post by Happy Stitcher »

Can't blame the :ribbit: for a silly mistake I made yesterday. I unpicked a line of stitches only to discover afterwards that I had actually done them right! I'd previously put the stitching down, and when I picked it up again I looked at the chart, checked where I was and thought I'd stitched it wrong so I undid it, but then I discovered the bit I was working on was a section along and I'd undone perfectly good stitches!! :doh: :doh:

Sue :)

mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I had enough of the miserable git the other day, I say fry them all up.
Linda
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Happy Stitcher wrote:Can't blame the :ribbit: for a silly mistake I made yesterday. I unpicked a line of stitches only to discover afterwards that I had actually done them right! I'd previously put the stitching down, and when I picked it up again I looked at the chart, checked where I was and thought I'd stitched it wrong so I undid it, but then I discovered the bit I was working on was a section along and I'd undone perfectly good stitches!! :doh: :doh:
:doh: Oh that's def not fun---did that once or twice and was so upset with myself for doing it! :roll:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs