Looking for Game Board Patterns

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

sassylittlewitch

Looking for Game Board Patterns

Post by sassylittlewitch »

I'm looking for cross stitch patterns in all kinds of game boards. Backgammon, parcheesi, checkers and any other game board. I'm decorating a game room in my home and would like to stitch them and hang them on the wall. I already have Monopoly. It's fantastic!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcone to the friendly and helpful forum. We are here to assist you in anyway that we can.

The only board game that I have seen lately is the Monopoly.

The two best sites for stuff is
http://www.123stitch.com/patterns_kits.html
http://www.patternsonline.com/

If these don't have anything maybe some of the other girls have some ideas.

You could make your own patterns if you have a pattern maker program. I have done that with some pretty good results.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Think I have a chess one. Will check and get back to you.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

:D Found it.
It is a chess board with a celtic border, designed by Shelia Hudson and was featured in the October 2004 issue of Cross Stitcher. Can't scan in the picture just now as the printer that I have here in Bahrain doesn't scan, but the one I have in the UK does and I will be heading there within the next couple of weeks, so if you are prepared to wait I can send you the scanned picture. If on the other hand you want to see the picture just PM me your snail mail address and I will post it to you.
raelou

Post by raelou »

I have a Quaker gameboard it's more of a sampler you can buy it from
http://www.papillon-creations.com/
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Here is a ludo board (parcheesi, I think) stitchdirect.com/shopWebSite/php/showProducts.php?plu=041004D

and also a snakes and ladders: stitchdirect.com/shopWebSite/php/showProducts.php?plu=031010C or this: stitchdirect.com/shopWebSite/php/showProducts.php?plu=G2901M

I'm sure Mary Hickmott also does a chess board, but can I find it?!?
sassylittlewitch

Thank you!

I am new to this board and want to thank you for the quick responses and effort you put in. Thanks Again!
raelou

Post by raelou »

I've just had a look at your links Serinde and I love the Snakes and Ladders board, :oops: On my list it goes!! :oops:
sassylittlewitch

lindagibb wrote::D Found it.
It is a chess board with a celtic border, designed by Shelia Hudson and was featured in the October 2004 issue of Cross Stitcher. Can't scan in the picture just now as the printer that I have here in Bahrain doesn't scan, but the one I have in the UK does and I will be heading there within the next couple of weeks, so if you are prepared to wait I can send you the scanned picture. If on the other hand you want to see the picture just PM me your snail mail address and I will post it to you.
Bahrain? WOW
And I thought Alaska felt like the end of the world :lol:

I can wait, no problem. Thank you.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i tried the snakes and ladders link and it says product is no longer avail.!!
i LOVE that game and play with my kids all the time! I found a vintage game at a yard sale..one of the first made. it is OLD! and in great shape. got it for 25 cents! we love that game!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

sassylittlewitch wrote:
lindagibb wrote::D Found it.
Bahrain? WOW
And I thought Alaska felt like the end of the world :lol:

I can wait, no problem. Thank you.
Just a quick update, my flight is booked for next Tuesday, so will get it scanned and sent to you by the end of the week.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Coffee_freak, that's really strange. At least the red snakes and ladders can be downloaded as a chart, so can't not be available, if you see what I mean. It's also in the 2007 catalogue. I suspect the blue one (simpler design, too) was from Cross Stitch Gallery, rather than New Stitches.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i found it by going to the homepage and looking for it..this link came up
http://stitchdirect.com/shopWebSite/php ... plu=G2901M
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yup. That's was originally published in Cross Stitch Gallery. I wonder if the back issue is still available?
mags

Post by mags »

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

These are so cute, and the dominos chart is very clever. What a find. :)
sassylittlewitch

Serinde wrote:Here is a ludo board (parcheesi, I think) stitchdirect.com/shopWebSite/php/showProducts.php?plu=041004D

and also a snakes and ladders: stitchdirect.com/shopWebSite/php/showProducts.php?plu=031010C or this: stitchdirect.com/shopWebSite/php/showProducts.php?plu=G2901M

I'm sure Mary Hickmott also does a chess board, but can I find it?!?
You know I don't remember any board game named "Snakes" and Ladders. We had "Shoots" and Ladders.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I wonder if it is the "people separated by a common language" problem? I don't remember if you are British or American (or neither?!). I've heard it both ways, but I think in the UK the slytherins win. Chutes are so tame!!
Last edited by Serinde on Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sassylittlewitch

I'm American and I was wondering what my children would have thought about playing a game that had "snakes" in the title when they were little. The American version is definately a watered down version as compared to snakes.

I was just talking to my 19 year old daughter about the game and differences in the title. I said "snakes" and she kind of wrinkled her nose...American kids...maybe we're raising them wimpy :D
Rose

Post by Rose »

Yes in the US we are all a bunch of wimps the game was Chutes & Ladders and they looked like slides and railed ladders I had a game but it was sold in a garage sale years back by my mom.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror