Hi Everyone! :)

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

merrywether

Post by merrywether »

Thanks for all the compliments :)

Rose- Thanks for the comments in webshots. Both designs are from Just Nan. Italian Ice is a freebie off of her website:

http://www.justnan.com/cpimages.html

The other is a pattern card called Rose Wings.

lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Just wanted to say welcome to the family. I am sure you have already found out that we are a real friendly bunch.
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Welcome to the forum! Your work is lovely, I really like all your wolves. They're beautiful.

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Nice work, Merrywether. I like the wolves too!
Robzeebobs

Post by Robzeebobs »

Welcome Merrywether from Oxford in New Zealand. Your work is great. I like the angels.

I'm a hardanger fanatic and I learned it when I was 13 in my first year at High School (Year 9 in NZ). Its not hard - it just looks complicated to the inexperienced (ie in Hardanger) person. As the others have said Mary Hickmott's new stitches and Easing into Hardanger are really perfect for learning how to do it.

I hope you enjoy being part of our forum - come back often and join in the fun
Oksana

Post by Oksana »

Hello from Russia! :)
I love to try something new too!
I've tried crewel recently - it is exciting! It is like painting.
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

Hi Im new to this group. I have been cross stitiching since I was about 10 so thats now 17 years and I am self taught. I enjoy stitching any pictures with animals on it especially hedgehogs and cats. I am currently a stay at home mum for my two sons and I'm a carer for disalbed husband so I don't really get a lotof time to stitch but when I do I enoy it so much that my husband has to take it off me so I will go to bed. I'm from the UK.
whiskers12

Post by whiskers12 »

Welcome to the forum from Oz merryweather and wickidwitch!!!! :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum, wickidwitch, from a (currently) sunny Scotland. I know what you mean about having your stitching taken off you! I'll say I'm going to bed... and eventually DH has to come back down and retrieve me. Has been known to turn out the light! :lol: 8) One just has to finish "this little bit"...
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

I know the feeling about just ine more bit and it has been know for me in the past to actually complete the whole thing lol
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome wickedwitch I hope you are able to come in and join us often and help make this an even bigger family of stitchers. 3 boys to take care of what a handful. I say 3 because a husband is just a big boy. :lol:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

Yeah I know three boys is a handful and also we have two cats which are both male and also a tank full of tropical fish and a german shephard dog who is female and also my two budgies who are luckly both female and the dog is female as well. But I love being busy and having things to keep me busy
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome from me too wickidwitch. I often get the light put out on me too when I stitch late into the evening!! "Just have to finish the green bit"...when I'm stitching trees! :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol:
Rose

Post by Rose »

How old are the boys? My son is 20 and he still does stuff to amaze and confound me. I also have an 18 year old daughter talk about a handful. But I love the stuffing out of both of them. There are pictures of us in the gallery. Kids they drive you nuts but how can you not just laugh and love them.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

The oldest is 8 and the youngest is 5. They mean the world to me and I woudl do anythign for them but they drive me up the wall as well especially now cause its the school holidays but at least in 12 days time we can get away from it all cause we are on holiday
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I remember when my boys were that age. They could be a handful! However, I'd trade a teen for a 5yr old any day of the week!! :roll:

My good friend's significant other has just accepted a professorship at UEA in Norwich! Small world!
merrywether

Post by merrywether »

Welcome wickidwitch! I have two kids myself, a 3 year old daughter and a 2 month old son. They definitely keep me busy. Cross stitching relaxes me and helps keep me sane! :D
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

We live about five minutes away for the UEA so I know where it is. LOL

Stitching also relaxes me as well when I get five minutes to do it
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Welcome from me too Wikidwitch. I also have two boys, but they're 31 and 35 now. Still, we never stop worrying about them - just worry about different things!

By the way, I've been tracing my family tree over the past few years and some of my ancestors came from Norfolk - Blickling and Itteringham.
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Hello wikidwitch from Essex!! I don't have any children but I do have a "big kid" ... my hubby! We also have a 3yo retired greyhound. She is just like having a toddler tho, just as naughty and lively!!

I used to be a carer for my hubby until I got sick myself, so now we both just plod along and try to do what we can for each other.

So pleased you found us!

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go