biscornu exchange

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

grub72

biscornu exchange

Post by grub72 »

Just letting you know about the biscornu exchange,, i will be changing the dates a little as i did not realise how long i had put the dates. The new dates are
start: 5th May ( still the same)
finish: 15th June ( changed slightly)
if these dates don't agree with everyone let me know and i will change them

Rules: 1. 20x20 size
2. any patten you want
3. either make it into a fob for scissors, pin cushion for wrist, or anything you want
4. remember to put friendships swap on back along with details of who it is from.

here is a how to pattern for those who do not know how to do them: http://own-two-hands.livejournal.com/4186.html" target="_blank

or if you find another one that might be easier by all means you can use that one.
Grub72
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
mauveme

Re: biscornu exchange

Post by mauveme »

Sounds good to me, I'm in

Mauveme -Ca,- Anywhere but Canada.
Linda
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

ooo i want to try but i don't know if i am good enough to do one of these.....blah
Jen2000

Post by Jen2000 »

I have an awfully stupid question. :oops:

By 20x20 being the size, what do you mean? I have never made a biscornu and thought I might take a whack at it before the exchange starts. :D
Cross Stitch: CSA
Collaborative Cross Stitch: It's Been Stitched

My WIPs:
Tales of Wonder

Milady Blackberry HAED
kell

Post by kell »

Ooh, I'm in! Is that 20 x 20 stitches? Might be difficult to fit the details on the back, unless the design is that size, but you're allowed to add a few extra stitches between that and the backstitch edge for whip stitching.
maggs

Post by maggs »

I'd like to enter this never tried one before. Not sure what you mean by 20 x 20 is this stitches, it's going to be very small.

I'll post anywhere.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking

2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

Most of my biscornu charts are more than 20 w x 20 h ..... I guess floss box have smaller biscornu. I find it difficult to stitch around the edges when the biscornu is small. I don't have nimble fingers. :lol:

socialsue :)
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Here are some of my mini biscornu. They are all under 20x20. It is surprising just what you can fit in that area. Blackwork is a good idea for a small area.
Linda
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

If you scroll down this page there is 15 different blackwork patterns (to make a 15 sided biscornu) but they are great for mini biscornu. All are under 20x20
http://stitch-creations.blogspot.com/se ... l/biscornu" target="_blank" target="_blank
The blog is in Dutch and there are lots of freebies throught her blog.
Linda
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

I'm in :) I'm in the UAE and will post anywhere
XandraS...
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

Are we doing the two sided one or the fifteen sided one?
So far count me in. and I can send anywhere
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

maemae0410 wrote:Are we doing the two sided one or the fifteen sided one?
So far count me in. and I can send anywhere
I put the 15 sided tutorial down cause the charts are so easy to use for a mini biscornu. Just the right size.
Linda
grub72

Post by grub72 »

Jen2000 wrote:I have an awfully stupid question. :oops:

By 20x20 being the size, what do you mean? I have never made a biscornu and thought I might take a whack at it before the exchange starts. :D
Jen 20x20 means 20cm by 20 cm squares,,that means you do a 20 cm square and then do your design inside the square, if that makes sense.
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
grub72

Post by grub72 »

kell wrote:Ooh, I'm in! Is that 20 x 20 stitches? Might be difficult to fit the details on the back, unless the design is that size, but you're allowed to add a few extra stitches between that and the backstitch edge for whip stitching.
Kell 20x20 means that is the size of the squares you can play within,,,does that make sense?
grub72

Post by grub72 »

Ladies and Gents,
20x20 cm is the size of the squares you get to play in you make 20 cm squares with the back stitch then you can do any design in the square you want. Sorry for not making myself clear.
With the date "finish" means ready to be sent out by that date, just so everyone is clear,,,if there is anymore questions don't be afraid to ask them,, if i cant help you i am sure someone else can.

And its only 2 sided biscornu as i have not mastered any other ones yet lol

If you want to make the biscornu smaller by all means you can, its up to you, i am just giving ideas ok.Sorry to confuse everyone now.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Sorry I will not be joining this exchange. I have never done one and even though I love to look at what others are making with them I just don't want to do one. But I would like to know if you woul like me to make this a sticky as I have with card exchanges and ATC exchanges??? If so just let me know.

Oh and good luck everyone who adds there name to the list you should have a load of fun.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
grub72

Post by grub72 »

What do you mean by a "sticky" Rose, i don't understand what you mean?
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

Okay so its 20cm x 20cm which is about 7inches x 7 inches for us Americans..2 sided any color and design. And it can be a pin cushion or any finish..scent packet ETC. Correct...

When is the start date again??

MaeMae0410-USA-Anywhere

post was edited to fix colors in list...:doh: still not very good at the color thing haha
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

maemae0410 wrote:Okay so its 20cm x 20cm which is about 7inches x 7 inches for us Americans..2 sided any color and design. And it can be a pin cushion or any finish..scent packet ETC. Correct...

When is the start date again??

MaeMae0410-USA-Anywhere

post was edited to fix colors in list...:doh: still not very good at the color thing haha
Not 20 cm, ,20 sts by 20 sts. 7in in HUGE and it is supposed to be a scissor fob, so it is quite small.
Linda
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

grub72 wrote:Ladies and Gents,
20x20 cm is the size of the squares you get to play in you make 20 cm squares with the back stitch then you can do any design in the square you want. Sorry for not making myself clear.
With the date "finish" means ready to be sent out by that date, just so everyone is clear,,,if there is anymore questions don't be afraid to ask them,, if i cant help you i am sure someone else can.

And its only 2 sided biscornu as i have not mastered any other ones yet lol

If you want to make the biscornu smaller by all means you can, its up to you, i am just giving ideas ok.Sorry to confuse everyone now.

okay we have two sets of rules going...
one says 20 stitches the other says 20 cm???
or am i completely misunderstanding. is it just a 20cm piece of fabric with a 20 stitch design on it?