I'm SO stupid!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

~threadbear~

I'm SO stupid!

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I don't believe it! I am SO stupid!!! :x

I started my diet last Saturday. I'm following slimming world, although trying to do it at home and save the money for a treat, rather than pay out to join (as I already have all the books).
Anyhow, I was SOOOO strict last week, I had problems sticking with it but did and was sooo hungry.

Today, I had my first weigh in and I could have cried. I only lost 3/4 lb. :cry:
I know it's going to be difficult to lose as I have problems with Fibroids and periods etc and so generally am only 'well' for 1 week out of every 4. BUT after being SO good ... not a bit of chocolate, nothing ... well I would have expected a better result than that!

I was just going over things when I just realised I can have 10 syns A DAY :doh: and there's me eeking it out over a week!
No wonder I was struggling. Also, I haven't been eating enough. :shock:

Here's hoping for a better result next week!
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
freelady

Re: I'm SO stupid!

Post by freelady »

Better luck next week. We all know that the scales and our bodies have their own unique relationship that we don't understand! Don't get too down over it though.
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Aww, thank you both! :hug: I just couldn't believe what I'd done.
I think I'm more cross with myself than anything though. :lol:

I've joined and re-started with them a few times now (hence me having the books) but my friends and I didn't find the consultant very motivating. She was more having fun with her group of friends there and we just felt like spare parts. So I don't want to re join, I want to try and do it myself first.

I'm hoping that with the right amount of syns and eating more (as I didn't eat enough) that I'll make a better job of this coming week! Although as you say Bert, it might be a case of small amounts off.

But as long as it comes off rather than on!
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Lizzy

Post by Lizzy »

Your not stupid at all!!

Best of luck for next week and hats off to you for trying so hard :)
mags

Post by mags »

Not stupid at all :hug:
I could do with joining up myself (but I won't) :lol:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
RosemaryH

Post by RosemaryH »

Hey stop that what gives you the right to call our friend stupid!!!!!

The Spanish have a favourite saying and use it for SOOOO many things "poco y poco" which means "little by little" and in all honesty it is the best thing that people have said to me since my OH has been so ill. The is no huge expectations so each little improement is seen as a huge step forward.

You have not eaten enough and not had the sins that you should have had, have LOST weight........little steps forward are positive and to be applauded.

So apologise to my friend immediately and plan the next little (poco) step forward.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
agi

Post by agi »

You remember how I lost a lot of weight last year? In the first three weeks of my diet and exercises there was almost no result, that was the hardest time to persevere. After that, I started to lose weight step by step and it became easier to stick to it.

Please, be patient, it won't happen in one week, but it will happen eventually. Promise :)
:hug: and good luck :x: :x:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
SusanF

Post by SusanF »

I'm sure it's much better to lose a little at a time TBear, it's more likely to stay off. Persevere and that little amount each week will soon mount up :hug: :hug: :hug:
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

You all are so kind! Thanks girls, for being so motivating. :grouphug:
I guess I'm just impatient to get a start and see that weight going down. All 2 stone of it! (EEK!).

Rosemary, you made me smile! :)

OK, whinge over ... :lol:

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
agi

Post by agi »

That's better, you see. That's our T-bear! :lol: :lol: :wub:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Rose

Post by Rose »

Losing is 10X harder then gaining. Don't get down when you don't see massive weight off right away. That type of lose does not last. You have to take it slow and steady that way you keep it off. :wub: :hug:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

whoo hoo!! Personally I think losing 3/4 is a great accomplishment! :dance: Hopefully week 2 you can beat that :)
Faith
carolynbb

Post by carolynbb »

Make sure to take measurements of yourself too -- if you're exercising at all and gain muscle, it might not make the scale go down even though you're losing inches!

Go you!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
WIPs:
Cats! (last updated 3/29/12)
Random projects for baby (last updated 6/9/12)
Engagement photo (last updated 6/9/12)
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Well I've eaten well today and for the first time for a week I'm not starving AND I'm just eating a CHOCOLATE caramel rocky bar AND I still have 2 syns left to use! :dance:

:D :choc: :D

Thanks for all the lovely comments. Who needs to go slimming club when I have all of you behind me!
:grouphug:
Thanks girlies!!

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

:applesauce: :applesauce:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
maggs

Post by maggs »

TB stick to it. Last time I tried to loose wait my self, I didn't loos anything in the first month but I did loose inches. They say you can't loose inches and weight at the same time when you first start. So perhaps you lost inches.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking

2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
Raven

Post by Raven »

TB I agree with everyone else, keep an eye on those inches. Muscle weighs more than fat so the scale may not go down (or stay the same or even go up) when muscle replaces fat, but your inches will go down which proves you are getting in better shape.

Keep at it, I am sure you will suceed!! And congratulate yourself 3/4 pound is still a loss!

HUGS
Raven
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Of course you are not stupid. Sheesh. These plans are often very complicated, and its easy to misunderstand. Now, it sounds like you are on the right road, so you'll have great success, I'm sure. :D
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I'm doing slimming world aswell I rejoined last two weeks ago and only lost half a pound in my first week but my consultant said that between a half pound and a pound a week adds up to around 3 stone a year so theres no need to worry :)

She also told me that I can have between 10 and 15 syns a day depending on what day I chosose. Red and green are 10 and extra easy is 15 :D Go on guess what day's I've been having ;)

Your doing well hun and remember we're all here for you xx
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Aww thank you all. :grouphug: I am feeling much better on it this week. Eating more has really helped, as has having 10 syns a DAY, rather than 10 a week. :doh:

Dawn, that's great that you're doing it as well. Maybe we can support each other?
1/2 lb and 1lb a week sounds so much better now! :lol:

I'm doing red and green days at the moment, I don't have extra easy in my book. It has something called mix2max. Is that the same?
15 syns sounds wonderful!!!
:D

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog