Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by richardandtracy »

Love the initial image. It'll be great to see the whole thing.

Regards,

Richard
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Brekkana »

stitchingmae wrote:You are a very fast stitcher!
I have to be honest, I'm really not that fast, this is about 12 hours of stitching, lol, while at work about 10 hours, and then 2 hours at home ... I feel like I am turtling along hahaha ... but I am eyeballing that carrot ;)
richardandtracy wrote:Love the initial image. It'll be great to see the whole thing.

Regards,

Richard
Actually, I am tempted to see what the original kitten looks like with your program, blending and all, but am afraid it would want me to "frog" what I have already done LOL! Maybe you can send me a sample ;) I am stitching 2 over 2 on 32 count, but am doing it in four sections, since I asked the program I paid for to treat it like 1 over 1 on 32 count, chart size 20 in. by 23.8 in., for more detail. Lots of work, I know, lol, but it is still fun :)

Well, back to stitching at work. Hope everyone is having a good Thursday!
Last edited by Brekkana on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by lavenderbee »

Both are lovely projects. You have come on leaps & bounds with the cat. It is taking shape fast. Look forward to next update :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Nightly pictures: my cat decided to watch me, and then snuggle a bit:

Image

Image

And here is my nightly ending point. Should start page 3 tomorrow, and after work visit Michael's to see about some missing colors :)

Image

See you in the morning!
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by karen4bells »

Beautiful cat and great update!! I hope you are able to find the threads you need at Michael's!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by richardandtracy »

Brekkana wrote: ...
richardandtracy wrote:Love the initial image. It'll be great to see the whole thing.

Regards,

Richard
Actually, I am tempted to see what the original kitten looks like with your program, blending and all, but am afraid it would want me to "frog" what I have already done LOL! Maybe you can send me a sample ;) I am stitching 2 over 2 on 32 count, but am doing it in four sections, since I asked the program I paid for to treat it like 1 over 1 on 32 count, chart size 20 in. by 23.8 in., for more detail. Lots of work, I know, lol, but it is still fun :)...
Sorry, I must be particularly slow witted today, but I don't really understand what you did.
'Doing it in four sections'..
Is that on 4 separate bits of fabric?
'I asked the program I paid for to treat it like 1 over 1 on 32 count, chart size 20 in. by 23.8 in.,'
but you're doing it, effectively on 16ct, so does that mean you are doing a 40 x 47.6" picture? Which means the image size you used would be 640 x 762 pixels. If that's the case, WOW! It's huge.

Regards,

Richard
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
Amanda G
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Bristol, England
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Amanda G »

Lovely stitching on a great image........love your cat too :wub:
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Brekkana »

richardandtracy wrote:
Brekkana wrote: ...
richardandtracy wrote:Love the initial image. It'll be great to see the whole thing.

Regards,

Richard
Actually, I am tempted to see what the original kitten looks like with your program, blending and all, but am afraid it would want me to "frog" what I have already done LOL! Maybe you can send me a sample ;) I am stitching 2 over 2 on 32 count, but am doing it in four sections, since I asked the program I paid for to treat it like 1 over 1 on 32 count, chart size 20 in. by 23.8 in., for more detail. Lots of work, I know, lol, but it is still fun :)...
Sorry, I must be particularly slow witted today, but I don't really understand what you did.
'Doing it in four sections'..
Is that on 4 separate bits of fabric?
'I asked the program I paid for to treat it like 1 over 1 on 32 count, chart size 20 in. by 23.8 in.,'
but you're doing it, effectively on 16ct, so does that mean you are doing a 40 x 47.6" picture? Which means the image size you used would be 640 x 762 pixels. If that's the case, WOW! It's huge.

Regards,

Richard
Yes, four fabrics, I know! But I wanted the detail :) I think it will look good. My fairy will be big as well, I managed to buy the correct single size for it, hoping to get the fabric today! And yes, my stitches are exactly that, 640x762, however, as in fours, each will be 320x381 lol ... I am still excited! The fairy is 640x458 :)
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
millymolly
Posts: 2703
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by millymolly »

Great progress :applesauce:
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Brekkana's WIPs 2015

Post by Rose »

Great progress and I am sure it is do to the excellent supervision you are getting!!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Here is my nightly picture, this is what I stitched at work today.

Image

I will try and not post so frequently lol, but I still take daily pictures. Maybe just add them to the gallery :)
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by vanessanjf »

Wonderful progress :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
adellar
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by adellar »

That's very purr-ty! Going to be a beauty when finished!
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by lavenderbee »

Your are doing well with this project & I just love your cat :D :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by rcperryls »

Great progress :applesauce: :applesauce: d a beautiful supervisor indeed! I also take nightly pictures so that I can see my progress which sometimes doesn't show up until I compare photos. Especially important for me when stitching large confetti filled designs since you can spend a lot of time not feel as if you have accomplished much. Hope you won't slow down too much in your postings since this is definitely a fun project to watch!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Brekkana »

In case you were wondering, I just love pictures! :) My nightly picture, I made it to page 3!

Image

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a slow day at work and I can get a lot done lol :)
Good night!
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Brekkana »

A little early, but here is my nightly picture :)

Image

And without flash:

Image

This is under my lamp, it looks much brighter in person. Lol. Anyway, I am about to Fairy stitch, be back later!
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Good evening :)

Trying to wait a few days between updates, done with 3843 for this page, now working 995. Best thing about backgrounds, they usually only consist of a few colors ... just another day or two and then it's on to page four. Whew!

Image
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by karen4bells »

Fantastic progress!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Brekkana's Colorful Kitten 2015

Post by MartaAre »

We love pictures too!
Fantastic progress!
Post Reply