Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 14/6/20
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
-
DahliaDoll
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:54 pm
- Location: Pacific Northwest
- Contact:
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 8/2/19
Ah, yes, maintenance work can be noisy but well worth it.
Lovely stitching!
Lovely stitching!
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 8/2/19
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 8/2/19
It obviously doesn't pay to forget to feed the Squirrels.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 8/2/19
On holiday, a herring gull tried all sorts of menacing and intimidatory tactics to get us to supply him with snacks. We named him Sid Vicious: not sure if because of pink legs or the red dot on the bill! He (she?) used to come right to the door and rap on the glass with his bill. bang bang bang. Loud and aggressive. Not a gull to mess with.
- luv2craft2
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:53 pm
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 8/2/19
Thank You all for your kind words. I have not stitched all week as we have had visitors from back home (NZ) and been out and about a lot of course. They have now left on their travels and I am trying to sort out a few things and then hopefully get back to my stitching.
I did however get 2 1/2 beanies done one afternoon sitting on the balcony with them and just chatting about 'things/places/people'. Great what can be accomplished when you are not constantly counting the rows
I did however get 2 1/2 beanies done one afternoon sitting on the balcony with them and just chatting about 'things/places/people'. Great what can be accomplished when you are not constantly counting the rows
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 8/2/19
Sally, I love how your squirrels are looking alongside each other!
Sina
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 8/2/19
Your squirrels are too adorable - I'm glad they've got each other now!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 8/2/19
Love those two!! 
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 8/2/19
Sorry there have been no updates mostly due to me stopping to put together what should have been a very simple quilt for a baby's cot but of course it was anything but easy. Finally finished it last mid week and took it to church on Thursday to go into the supply room. I stopped with the knitting group a while then headed home fully intending to settle down with my stitching.
DD phoned, she was picking me up earlier than usual to go grocery shopping. 'Oh well' I thought I can settle into it tomorrow and Sat and get lots done.
Of course the events on Friday in Christchurch put stitching completely out of mind and since then I seem to have spent hours either watching the news unfold or answering emails from dear and wonderful friends world wide.
Now it is Monday am and I am determined to get a bit done today and hopefully some on Wednesday and Thursday in between other things. Friday will be doing my washing and packing my bag ready for my busy week down in Melbourne where I will be doing lots of shopping
Picture frames, wool/haberdashery shop and added this morning "quilt shop crawl" with dear Christine. Of course I will be spending time with Eldest son, D I L and GD too so a busy week.
Being of a hopeful disposition I am also taking my embroidery holdall with 2 Christmasy little ones to finish and another cover kit - just to keep me stitching.
So I will try and update Tea Time by the end of the week - says she hopefully
DD phoned, she was picking me up earlier than usual to go grocery shopping. 'Oh well' I thought I can settle into it tomorrow and Sat and get lots done.
Of course the events on Friday in Christchurch put stitching completely out of mind and since then I seem to have spent hours either watching the news unfold or answering emails from dear and wonderful friends world wide.
Now it is Monday am and I am determined to get a bit done today and hopefully some on Wednesday and Thursday in between other things. Friday will be doing my washing and packing my bag ready for my busy week down in Melbourne where I will be doing lots of shopping
Being of a hopeful disposition I am also taking my embroidery holdall with 2 Christmasy little ones to finish and another cover kit - just to keep me stitching.
So I will try and update Tea Time by the end of the week - says she hopefully
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 18/2/19
Stitch when you can AND you feel like it (and hopefully those two will coincide
) - when there is so much on your mind, both personal busyness and events in the wider community sometimes it simply doesn't happen. 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 18/2/19
I hope you have a profitable and relaxing time with your family!
The great thing about stitching/knitting/ quilting is that when they are put aside, temporarily, whilst indulging in 'other activities' they don't Go Off!!

The great thing about stitching/knitting/ quilting is that when they are put aside, temporarily, whilst indulging in 'other activities' they don't Go Off!!
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 18/2/19
I agree! Especially with your having a wonderful time with your family! All the projects will be waiting for you to work on when you are ready to when you get back.wendywombat wrote:I hope you have a profitable and relaxing time with your family!
The great thing about stitching/knitting/ quilting is that when they are put aside, temporarily, whilst indulging in 'other activities' they don't Go Off!!![]()
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 18/2/19
Ooppps again. I forgot to submit my writing before going to look for the photo on Photo image.
A fairly good days stitching or it was until I landed in confetti junction with its various shades of red/pinks.

Tomorrow I am off to Melbourne for the week. I will have my tablet with me but how often it gets used is anyone guess. I hope to pop in at least a cople of times in between visiting and shopping.
Thanks for looking
PS The funny bronzy thing at the top is the lid of the teapot !!!!!!!!!!!!!
A fairly good days stitching or it was until I landed in confetti junction with its various shades of red/pinks.

Tomorrow I am off to Melbourne for the week. I will have my tablet with me but how often it gets used is anyone guess. I hope to pop in at least a cople of times in between visiting and shopping.
Thanks for looking
PS The funny bronzy thing at the top is the lid of the teapot !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 18/2/19
Absolutely beautiful update!! Have fun in Melbourne
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- vanessanjf
- Posts: 12944
- Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
- Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 18/2/19
Fantastic update
Enjoy yourself!
Vanessa
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 18/2/19
The colours of the Squirrels are just right and I
Safe travels Sally and have a super time in Melbourne.
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 18/2/19
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 18/2/19
What a lovely piece of stitching, Sally! The colours are rich and the stitching is perfect.
Have a super time in Melbourne. We are looking forward to hearing all about it.
Have a super time in Melbourne. We are looking forward to hearing all about it.
Hélène
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 18/2/19
Have a lovely time Sally! And great progress on the project. A teapot is a good thing to have 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page