Already looking lovely! You have some of the prettiest and biggest projects going on right now.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
I'm enjoying this one Serinde, just heading down to the bottom and have started the leaves:
My plan is to scroll up and do the base leaves before heading back up to where the beads go on the flowers. I want to avoid having to roll the beads round the rollers
This is so lovely and you are making beautiful progress . This design is so elegant and delicate. I love it!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
The bottom part of the Cow Parsley is progressing well:
There is still more to do on the bottom left and then I can add the Bee It is easy to miss count on all of this backstitching and on a couple of occasions an army of have been visiting
Out in my Conservatory I thought I was nearly there. I had finished off the Serpentine row and was adding in the leaves around the boarder panels and it was time to scroll up:
And... Where is it? I was sure I had done that bit
The weather this afternoon looks ideal for a bit of stitching so I can work on this one
Cow Parsley is definitely progressing well. It is an advertisement for how beautiful a backstitch can be.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
I am trying to work out what type of bee that is. Cow Parsley flowers from April to June which spans many of the types of bees appearing. The choices are: Buff-tailed, White-tailed or a Meadow Bumblebee. The difference between the three are the colour of the tail which is off-white, White or a Red-ie yellow. Hopefully the bees at the top might give a better idea of what they are.
fccs wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:27 pm
I am always so impressed with your progress, your lovely stitches, and the designs you choose. More, please.
Absolutely agree!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Absolutely beautiful piece of stitching. Is there a lot of beading? Seems like it covers up the delicate and elegant stitching. Since I dislike beading intensely I would probably find a frame that sets off the stitching. I've been known to substitute french knots for beads on those rare occasions that the bead really adds to the piece. But like I said, beading is my least favorite part of stitching.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
I don't mind beading, I had lots of practise on my Dragon
I have spent the afternoon thinking about those beads, doing a bit of stitching on my Seasons, looking at them again and having read your reply, I have decided no I do not like them they are too big so I have removed them. I did a bit of an experiment with some 2mm seed beads and they are so much nicer as you can still see the stitching underneath. The original beads are ok as far as the colour goes but looking on line at what is available and trying to guess the real colour of the ones offered are. So I have ordered 20g of Toho Japanese seed beads size 11/0 in both 141 ceylon snowflake and 147 ceylon lt ivory.
Now I have to put this to one side while I wait for them to arrive and as I can bring the Peacock Tapestry back to the table