Carole
Jo's Stitching 2023
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
I love your projects and this one is another that I am happy to see again! Do you know why the Wheat row is being so challenging ?
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Yes I am finding the start point for the next wheat leaf using the single strand of the next ear of wheat stem backstitching. But as it is over 2 threads x 1 thread the back stitch is slipping backward and looks like it comes up a column earlier. So three times I have stitched the leaf one hole off line. I have finally got the hang of it just in time for the last leaf
Nearly done...
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Made it to the end of the Wheat row

Lazy Daisy stitch for the Serpentine row and the leaves around the edge and then I will have to look at the beading
I've learnt a lot doing this and the Celestial Dragon about working with different types of thread and stitches.
Jo

Lazy Daisy stitch for the Serpentine row and the leaves around the edge and then I will have to look at the beading
I've learnt a lot doing this and the Celestial Dragon about working with different types of thread and stitches.
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
I do like whipped stitches - this whole project is looking beautiful! Happy rain stitching

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Thank you Mabel,
I have just finished the stitching on this one:

Time to prepare to do the beading.
I showed the Ladies at our sewing group my Cow Parsley piece this afternoon. They liked it. Now I can frame it
Jo
I have just finished the stitching on this one:

Time to prepare to do the beading.
I showed the Ladies at our sewing group my Cow Parsley piece this afternoon. They liked it. Now I can frame it
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Harvest is perfectly lovely! And of course the ladies at your sewing club liked your Cow Paisley piece! How could they not love it?!!
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Thank you Carole,
I have completed the beading on the top half:

and about to scroll down to the bottom to add the beads there. Of course the beads on the sides are going to stretch the evenweave out of shape so I plan to roll a bit of foam in with the fabric to hopefully protect it.
My target is to finish this today, as next Sunday is Harvest Festival.
Jo
I have completed the beading on the top half:

and about to scroll down to the bottom to add the beads there. Of course the beads on the sides are going to stretch the evenweave out of shape so I plan to roll a bit of foam in with the fabric to hopefully protect it.
My target is to finish this today, as next Sunday is Harvest Festival.
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Finished
Not before a few more problems
There was insufficient gold beads so I have had to steal them from my Peacock kit and order some more. Ordering the beads was a palaver I couldn't find any of colour 0557 but found a bulk packet of 20557 and made the decision as I have not started the Peacock's beading I can use those instead. Only when I found the Mill Hill bead list did I find out that the 2 in front means the same type but a packet twice as big.
All Done:

Platinum rose beads:

And gold beading:

It will have to wait a couple of weeks for framing so it can go along to the sewing group.
In the meantime I have been raiding my Stash
I came out with the option of doing TW's "Night" and "Day" or to do the Four Season Fairies, with the other two additional fairies
Don't I hate making decisions
Jo
Not before a few more problems
All Done:

Platinum rose beads:

And gold beading:

It will have to wait a couple of weeks for framing so it can go along to the sewing group.
In the meantime I have been raiding my Stash
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
So beautiful! You have done a wonderful job on this, looking forward to seeing it framed

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
It is beautiful. And much like thread, you can never have too many beads. 
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Agree! Your stitching is superb!
(But what was your decision on the next project?)
(But what was your decision on the next project?)
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Thank you

I'll let you have a think about which one it is in the meantime a few more mutterings
These TW pattern leaflets are wonderful but why don't they provide a list of all the threads you need to make it in the booklet? TW's webpages used to list them but they have been taken down. If you know the webpage reference you can still get them through the internet archive but what a loss! As usual there are lots of split threads in this piece resulting in 90 different colour symbols on this chart alone, not that many part stitches and some beading. I am hoping that the same colour symbols are used on the next in the set but that may be too much to ask. I purchased a piece of evenweave at the same time as the chart booklet and as usual the supplier cannot cut a straight line across a piece of fabric so I had to trim it square before I could start
Now on with the pleasure of some stitching
Jo
To start on this one:

I'll let you have a think about which one it is in the meantime a few more mutterings
These TW pattern leaflets are wonderful but why don't they provide a list of all the threads you need to make it in the booklet? TW's webpages used to list them but they have been taken down. If you know the webpage reference you can still get them through the internet archive but what a loss! As usual there are lots of split threads in this piece resulting in 90 different colour symbols on this chart alone, not that many part stitches and some beading. I am hoping that the same colour symbols are used on the next in the set but that may be too much to ask. I purchased a piece of evenweave at the same time as the chart booklet and as usual the supplier cannot cut a straight line across a piece of fabric so I had to trim it square before I could start
Now on with the pleasure of some stitching
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Is that a fairy, or a woman in any case?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Yes, well done Mabel. Its TW's Spring Fairy.

TW says: A graceful blond faerie with butterfly wings of brown, gold, pink and blue alights amidst pink and white cherry blossoms. A floral motif border accented with beads completes the design.
I love the way she has given the four seasons and the woodland Fairies butterfly wings.
Jo

TW says: A graceful blond faerie with butterfly wings of brown, gold, pink and blue alights amidst pink and white cherry blossoms. A floral motif border accented with beads completes the design.
I love the way she has given the four seasons and the woodland Fairies butterfly wings.
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Very nice!
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Lovely start. I made a "fairy themed afghan" for my granddaughter years ago (before I joined the forum) and in the corners of the afghan ( have to see if I can find a photo) are TW fairies. I love them and they were so much fun to stitch. I am going to really enjoy watching this development.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

And even so I have barely started on the amount of leaves on the tree
So much has been going on of late I have been overwhelmed so I decided to spend all day yesterday sorting out the spare set of threads I acquired for the Peacock:

by doing that I found that one of the thread colours on my original kit is not in the right place in the prepared thread holders and I have already used it for stitching. I need to decide if I want to unpick all of the stitches in that colour.
Having bobbin-ated the second kit I am surprised just how much thread came with it.
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
That is a lot of thread. I couldn’t help but notice exactly how MUCH metallic gold there was…
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Indeed - very promising!Serinde wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:50 pm That is a lot of thread. I couldn’t help but notice exactly how MUCH metallic gold there was…
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page