Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/30

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p3 11/9

Post by geekishly »

Thanks, everyone. Friend it’s a gift for knows she’s getting it, as it’s actually a surprise gift for her daughter. I’ve been keeping her updated on it. Latest progress:

Image

Orange kitties are such a joy.

Serinde, I suck a peek too. I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to keep it for myself or gift it.
- Luca
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Orange Kitty

Post by geekishly »

My health has been in the dumps this past week, but I got a bit of stitching in today.

Image
- Luca
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p4 11/17

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hope you soon feel better Luca! I see an ear appearing :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p4 11/17

Post by Serinde »

Nice to take time to recover, with the possibility of a bit of stitching.
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p4 11/17

Post by geekishly »

I’m definitely feeling better, but still taking it easy.
- Luca
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p4 11/29

Post by geekishly »

Image

Did a bit of stitching after a belated thanksgiving dinner last night at a friend’s house.

Gotta get in touch with my doctor about these changes in pain because it’s really cramping my enjoyment of life, especially stitching.
- Luca
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p4 11/29

Post by Serinde »

Good idea!
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p4 11/29

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I hope the doctor can get to the bottom of it. Glad you managed a bit of progress on the kitty!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p4 11/29

Post by geekishly »

Thanks, I hope so too.
- Luca
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

big update

Post by geekishly »

So I’m gonna dump a bunch of updates and progress pics here. Anyway, my first start and finish of the year done on Jan 1st. It’s a kit project from an old issue of Cross Stitcher magazine. I’m not sure the issue it was but I’ll update that info when Joker isn’t snuggling me.

Image
Image

Various progress pics of the orange kitty up through yesterday. I turned the lightest color into a blend with white as I wanted to add white but also didn’t want it to stand out too much from the other colors in the pattern.

Image Image Image Image

I started this one last year, but didn’t show any progress pics as it was a surprise gift for a friend, but she’s seen it now so I can post the finish. I’ve got a closeup which is closer to actual floss colors and a zoomed out that better shows off the hand dyed fabric’s color. The pattern is from here.

Image Image

A new start for my BFF. It’s another flosstober pattern by Sonovastitch (orange kitty’s designer.) my BFF picked the fabric and floss from my stash. Fabric is a printed aida I got from Amazon and the floss is Reactor Water by Norgrove Enterprises. The pattern blends some Dr Who language with the phrase “Live Long and Prosper” from Star Trek. I’m not a Who fan, so I can’t remember what the language is called. But this is two of my BFF’s favorite Sci-fi series, so I had to stitch it as a gift.
Image Image

And last but not least, a start from yesterday. It’s a patreon pattern from The Witchy Stitcher called Antisocial Cryptid Club. I’m doing it with DMC etoiles on some blue opal fabric I got back before my LNS closed a decade ago. The cryptid shadows are being done in C310 and everything else in C823. It’s a subtle difference but I like it.

Image
- Luca
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - big update pg 4 1/21

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

You've been busy! The bunny is adorable, the cat is coming in leaps and bounds if that can be said of such a comfortably curled-up feline, and your surprise stitch is fun - I had to look up what kpdh meant though...
Good start on the other two, I do like the combination your friend picked!
Oh, and I've learnt a new word, cryptids - I'm always thrilled to learn a new word :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - big update pg 4 1/21

Post by Serinde »

Me, too, Mabel.

And boy you clearly have charge of the turbo needle!
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

keychain finishes & plans

Post by geekishly »

Ah, apologies. It’s the Netflix movie Kpop Demon Hunters. The project is lyrics from one of the songs from the movie.

Thanks though! I haven’t gotten back to those yet because I was itching for a full finish or two, so I did a couple minis from patterns by Craftigurumi on Etsy. The first is a character called Monty from FNAF (Five Nights at Freddie’s.) it’s a character very neat and dear to another friend, so I stitched it up and mailed it off to them as a belated Christmas gift.

Image

The second one here is a mimic from dungeons and dragons that I stitched up for my nephew. (BFF’s oldest son)

Image

I’m gonna get back to my WIPs later this week, but last night I had gridded up some navy Aida fabric with the intention of doing a gift for a friend, but upon looking at the pattern as I was about to stitch, I realized I need to do it on 28 count evenweave and not Aida due to how many stitches were not just partial stitches, but petite stitches. Too many to be stabbing into the aida for. So I have this piece I’d already spent hours gridding that I didn’t know what I was going to do with.

Until today. Urban Stitches just released a new free political/protest blackwork pattern on fb that I’m going to start because I’m really feeling the sentiments. And navy is the perfect color for the background of this Morton Salt inspired blackwork piece. Here’s my floss toss for it.

Image
- Luca
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26

Post by Serinde »

The FB page is private, so can't see the design, but knowing the Morton Salt logo (for others: little girl carrying a big umbrella onto which salt is falling -- Morton Salt was famous for never clumping -- and the logo: 'when it rains it pours'; all on a dark blue background) is a fruitful one for speculation.
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The key fobs are great little presents, and the floss toss looks very promising!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26

Post by geekishly »

Oh no! I forgot it was a locked community. Here’s the design!

Image

And I really got into the groove working on it today.

Image
- Luca
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

That's a lot of progress! And I do like your colour scheme, very fitting.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Roland
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26

Post by Roland »

All you work is fabulous.

I have a few friends in Minnesota that would absolutely love your “shattering the silence” and “Stay Salty”. Pictures.

(Not trying to be political. Just thought of them when I saw those two.)
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26

Post by geekishly »

Thanks!

Roland, the stay salty pattern was designed by Urban Stitches as a protest response to what is happening in Minnesota. It is definitely political. Also the song lyrics are from the climactic song of the KPop Demon Hunters movie, and the song is about overcoming, so it’s very fitting that it would feel inspirational while applied to this.
- Luca
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26

Post by Serinde »

Fantastic! Great design.

Re politics. It's not banned here on the forum, and if you really want to get into it, the Stash & Grab, naturally, is the place to go. :idea:
Post Reply