Page 6 of 8

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 14th January 2014

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:59 pm
by jocellogirl
Thanks Amanda!! :D

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 14th January 2014

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:38 pm
by NinjaBetty
Gosh, another gorgeous chat. This is absolutely stunning and makes me feel all happy inside each time I see it. I envy everyone that can do these.

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 14th January 2014

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:56 pm
by nachosmiley
Very sumptuous....the colours are beautiful! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 14th January 2014

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:11 pm
by Arianwen
jocellogirl wrote:Thank you all for so many lovely replies :D .

Arianwen, there is no such thing as a silly question!!! I have used all DMC with the exception of the few silks and the metallics shown on page 1 of this thread for which there is no DMC conversion. I would dearly love to stitch these using the special silks, but with 2 growing children and just working part time I cannot justify the cost at the moment. I bought the bead pack from the European Cross Stitch Company, who also sell the specialist threads as a kit, although make sure you're sitting down when you see how much they are!!
Excluding the cost of the DMC threads, this Chatelaine cost me about £130 to kit up, including the pattern, fabric, beads, metallic threads and silks which couldn't be subbed for DMC. I'm guessing it'll cost at least that much again to have it framed once it's done.
There are some smaller Chatelaine designs, including free ones (I've just finished Springtime Roses but I can't remember for the life of me where they are on the web. :doh: I'll put up a link when I remember :lol:
Hope all that helps. Go for it I say!! :D
Thank you for the info Jo, it was a little silly in that I thought I knew/had read the answer but I wasn't sure.

Yes I had read that the european cross stitch company were the place to go.

Good golly that is a LOT and well out of my price range at the moment. I'm slowly building a collection of Anchor and DMC so when I've finished that its definitely something I'll be looking into - the designs are just so beautiful
Mrs Milkybar Kid wrote:Hope Jo doesn't mind - but to save her sanity all Martina's freebies are here :D .
thank you MrsMBK!

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 14th January 2014

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:08 am
by jocellogirl
I finished part 2 last night!!!!! :dance:
The metallic scroll work was a bit of a trial but it's done now hurrah!!!
On to part three, the arches at the top in which the first two herbs will be found. STILL loving this one :wub:
Image
Thanks for looking :D

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 am
by Oriettait
stunning!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:05 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: This gets more beautiful with every update!!! It is stunning! Looking at the metallic scrolling in the close-ups was amazing. I would think saying it was a "bit of a trial" is probably an understatement. The result, however, is well worth that effort.

Carole
:wub:

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:19 pm
by Ladymyste65
Great work!

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:02 pm
by littleturtlegirl
Great and I love the color!

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:55 pm
by Rose
This is just beautiful!!!!!! :applesauce:

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:01 pm
by karen4bells
:wub: :wub: :wub: :applesauce: Magnificent!! :applesauce:

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:27 pm
by calico
Beautiful!!! :wub: :wub:

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:26 pm
by tiffstitch
Looks gorgeous!!

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:41 am
by TracyG
So beautiful!! Your work is inspiring me to collect the threads I still need for the Chat I'm hoping to start soon...I've been a bit intimidated about starting it!

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:34 am
by vanessanjf
That is so beautiful!! Your work is gorgeous :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:10 pm
by Mrs Milkybar Kid
Gorgeous!

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:29 pm
by Raine
The scroll work is stunning!

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:08 pm
by meganh
Beautiful!!! I love the blues!! :wub: :wub: I am so wanting to do one of these now! (like i don't have enough projects lined up) Can't wait to see the next pic.

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 27th January 2014

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 am
by jocellogirl
Thank you for all the lovely replies :wub:
I just finished the crosses on part 3.
Image
Now to fill in the gaps. :D

Re: Jocellogirl's Herbularius. Updated 7th February 2014

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:35 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Stunning. !! Are the gaps "filled in" with lots of specialty stitches? I love these updates!

Carole
:wub: