Page 6 of 27

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 17th March

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:09 am
by Oriettait
I love it!! great progress :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 17th March

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:35 am
by Carole
I had a trawl through a load of charity shops with a friend earlier this week and managed to pick up several photo frames. I've used one to frame one of the pieces in my 'to be finished' box so that's another one on the wall now.

Image

I replaced the backing with some new mount board. I pulled out all the metal tabs and got rid of the glass, so that all I had left was the frame itself. Then I used some gripstrip to stretch the fabric, used a tab gun to fasten it in, finished the back off with some framing tape and kraft paper and attached eyelets and wire.

Then I hung it :)

Image

It's in my craft room and it's great to be able to actually see it.

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 20th March

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:00 pm
by wendywombat
Superb! I was going to do this pattern too but got cold feet when doing the Tree of Stitches from the same designer.

I do like that Owl!! :applesauce: :applesauce: Looks good in that simple frame

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 20th March

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:59 pm
by LadyS
Beautiful!!! :wub:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 20th March

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:48 pm
by Rose
This looks wonderful!!!!!!! And how awesome to find such a great frame in a discount store!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 20th March

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:50 pm
by tiffstitch
Excellent progress and he looks so good framed! Great job finishing him off and now you can see him any time you like. :whoop:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 20th March

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:23 pm
by Serinde
What a wonderful design, and you've made the most of the variety of stitches -- really wonderful! :applesauce: And what a frame (plus knowing what to do with it). :dance: :dance:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 20th March

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:37 pm
by fccs
Wow! I'm impressed with the stitching and the framing. I love that design.

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 20th March

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:08 pm
by Squirrel
Fabulous finishing and framing. He is gorgeous. :whoop:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 20th March

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:28 pm
by karen4bells
fccs wrote:Wow! I'm impressed with the stitching and the framing. I love that design.
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I totally agree!! Great finish!!

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 20th March

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:23 am
by playswithpaper
Beautiful owl and framing job! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 22nd March

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:16 am
by Carole
I have a finish!

Image

Close ups of the beading etc, on my blog

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 22nd March

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:08 pm
by lavenderbee
They are both very nice pieces. Love the owl as it is cute & the finish is lovely. Enjoyed looking at your other piece & it is wonderful, Very well done on both of them :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 22nd March

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:32 pm
by mags
Love all of your work in this thread, some lovely finishes - your tastes match mine somewhat :whoop:
Love particularly the sampler, the owl and the book :D :applesauce:
Poor :kitty: but I guess she is well and truly over it now.

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 22nd March

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:40 pm
by karen4bells
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: All I can say is, AMAZING!!!!!! Very very pretty!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 22nd March

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:48 pm
by Rose
Gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 22nd March

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:45 pm
by JessicaLeigh
Carole, it's gorgeous!! :wub: I love those diagonal bands. Beautiful, beautiful piece!

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 22nd March

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:03 pm
by fccs
Beautiful sampler! I love the colors and the stitches! Well done! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 22nd March

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:35 pm
by Squirrel
Fabulous finish Carole :wub: it.

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 22nd March

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:08 am
by Oriettait
Beautiful!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: