Page 6 of 12

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sun May 26, 2024 8:35 am
by Steam.Jo
Thank you Ladies,

I have scrolled and forgot to photograph the bit at the top :doh: Lower down:

Image

I've added her dress and am tackling some of the single strand over one that is her face and arms.

Jo

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sun May 26, 2024 9:31 am
by Serinde
I'll be glad to see her face -- she looks a bit ghostly at the moment!

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Wed May 29, 2024 12:06 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Yes, quite disconcerting, but no doubt she will look as stunning as the others when she has eyes!

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:15 am
by Steam.Jo
Her eyes are going to have to wait, they are normally one of the last things I do as I feel I am being looked at while stitching :shock: . In the meantime I have been putting in some of the lady slipper leaves:

Image

I've just come in from gardening to cool down out of the sun by doing a bit more of this cross stitch. It is hard to understand how important it is to look after ourselves on a cool but sunny day as two weeks ago my mother gave herself heatstroke when it was only 17 degrees in the sun. There is a good reason why they call it heatstroke my Mum has lost control/strength down her right hand side. It seems the Sun warmed the left hand side of her head and caused her brain to over heat and expand, she is now recovering but the MRI showed she has a "hole" in her brain, the long term consequences of which no one knows.

So I am under strict instructions: one cup of coffee and a minimum of one length of thread stitched into this piece before I am allowed out in the garden again.

Jo

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:30 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Oh Jo how frightening for your mum, and for you! I would never have thought you could get heatstroke at such a low temperature.

I hope your therapeutic stitching helps you to cool down sufficiently for some more gardening when the heat dies down.

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:37 am
by Steam.Jo
Thank you Mabel, my Mum is getting better but it will be a long slow recovery and she will not be as capable as she once was.

My fairy:

Image

I have started on the mushrooms she is sitting on.

Jo

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:56 am
by fccs
Beautiful work, as usual. Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope her recovery is quick.

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:47 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Magic mushrooms for a magic fairy! But I do think she looks a bit creepy without her facial features....

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:22 am
by Steam.Jo
A little bit more of the mushrooms:

Image

I'm planning to head towards the left hand corner next :D

Jo

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:11 pm
by Serinde
Mabel, perhaps the magic mushrooms explain the current the facial features? :shock:

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:18 am
by Steam.Jo
I've found a squeaker:

Image

Who seems to have a liking for Acorns

Jo

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:55 pm
by Roland
He’s a cutie.

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:09 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
And looking suitable reverent to the fairy!

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:19 am
by Steam.Jo
A few plants around our mouse:

Image

Jo

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:04 am
by Serinde
A very sweet mouse.

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:33 am
by Steam.Jo
I am heading along the bottom of the centre picture:

Image

The bottom right corner to go, the few stitches missed will be picked up as I do the backstitching and then I can start on the border ... When I am "in the mood" I will go back and do the single strand over one of the fairy :wink:

Jo

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:29 pm
by Roland
That’s beautifully. I love the mushrooms she’s sitting on.

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:29 am
by Nicola Main
Beautiful work! I love the little Dog-Violets xxx

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:30 am
by Steam.Jo
Thank you Roland and Nicola :D

I am claiming that I have completed the centre to the bottom corner:

Image

This is a fib because there are a number of bits that I have missed, including the single strand over one of the fairy and the joyful backstitching. But I feel I am now at the stage where I can start thinking about working on the border 8)

Jo

Re: Jo's Stitching 2024

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:46 am
by fccs
it’s just a tiny fib! And it looks great!