Page 6 of 7

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2026 11:35 am
by Serinde
The magic bench has been deployed. Although I've put an order in for a series of magic recliners. 8)

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2026 1:08 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
With parasols?

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2026 11:19 am
by Serinde
Naturally.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2026 3:55 pm
by richardandtracy
I have a PC I play with (trying to make pictures using rendering of 3D models). The only practical place for it is in the smaller conservatory . The conservatory is without any blinds or internet connection (not needed to make the pictures, just to distribute them).

Anyway, the conservatory gets hot in weather we've been having and is VERY bright. So, a garden parasol is very handy to allow me to see the screen during summer days. And in order to minimise the light and enable me to see anything on-screen, it's barely above the top of my head when deployed. Very cozy, and it allows me to catch the parasol when the two open doors on opposite sides of the conservatory allow a gale to go through and take the parasol with it.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2026 3:27 pm
by Serinde
Sounds like you need more hands! :lol:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2026 10:12 am
by Mabel Figworthy
I suddenly have this image in my mind of Richard as Mary Poppins....

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2026 9:43 am
by Serinde
I never get as much needlework -- and almost no weaving, unless there's a course -- done in the summer because it's gardening season. Not that I've been doing as much of that as I should. Compared to what you all are experiencing, it's not been really hot here, but we've been in official heatwave conditions, too, on and off (+25C). And dry. I find that I can't be digging and weeding at 3pm in the heat anymore. When did that happen? :cry: So the raised veg beds are almost ok, although producing not as much as they should be; the borders... who knew there were so many sorts of grasses? And I haven't even started harvesting the blackcurrants. ARGH!!

So I'm having a cup of tea and then going to hang out the laundry. At least THAT'S getting done! :lol:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2026 3:18 pm
by richardandtracy
At the moment we're confining mowing to 20 minute stints morning and evening. It's too hot otherwise.

I'm getting a little stitching done, but Tracy is doing a lot of embroidery on her new Stoles. Particularly the white one, which is being covered in embroidered shapes similar to an electron micrograph of a Covid-19 virus, only each one is in shades of orange, red, green, purple and blue. I have not dared ask why.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2026 11:04 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Sounds intriguing - do please ask her why!

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 11:51 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Happy World Embroidery Day!

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 2:53 pm
by richardandtracy
What an odd, but nice, idea. Yes, happy World Embroidery Day.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2026 2:48 pm
by Serinde
I spent World Embroidery Day warping a loom. As you do. :lol: Guess I did a bit on the Christmas House, too, so there's that.

And here's raising a glass to Toby's full recovery! Huzzah! 🥂

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2026 7:58 am
by richardandtracy
It's going to be slow.
The X-ray showed three breaks, a smashed section in the centre of the Fibula, and two breaks in the much smaller Tibula.
The repair plate is repairing the Fibula, and has three screws through the good bit of the bone above the break and another three below the break. Due to his skin thickness, one part of the plate is close to the surface.

However, he's using the leg and putting weight on it.

He has a cone of shame, and is not very happy about being confined. We have a vet visit this morning and one in 2 weeks. Hopefully in 2 weeks the cone can come off and he'll be free in the house. In 6 weeks, the beast can be released into the garden.

I think then we'll need something pretty strong to stop us worrying.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2026 2:35 pm
by Serinde
Let us know what that is, and we'll also stock it here behind the counter!

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2026 3:54 am
by fccs
That’s an amazing undertaking. I’m feeling somewhat overwhelmed over just a Christmas stocking that I only have a few stitches in and want to finish for Christmas THIS year.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2026 9:16 am
by Serinde
Ah, yes. The "Which Christmas is this for?" question. I, too, hope to finish the Christmas house this year, preferably sometime in November... We'll see. :lol: Especially since I've been sidetracked to the peg loom in order to weave a push chair (stroller?) blanket for a new little friend. Hope to finish that by the end of the month -- which SHOULD be a piece of cake. However, there's the garden...

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2026 9:32 am
by richardandtracy
There's always the garden. The benefit of a 'Wildlife Garden' is that a lot of it can be left to its own devices for most of the year, but then you have a years worth of work to do in the single intervention.. Hence a chainsaw regularly features in my gardening equipment, more than most would expect. It's amazing how big some saplings can get in a year...

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2026 11:40 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Hope the stocking will progress well Debby - lovely to see you pop in, just off to see your post in the SAL section!

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2026 3:00 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
We appear to have a new look! I thinka toast is in order.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2026 4:28 pm
by richardandtracy
Agreed. It's been a few years since we lost the original look and went back to the standard one. Nice to see a new one

Regards,

Richard