Page 6 of 46

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:56 pm
by Lisa
great work everyone!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:12 pm
by agi
Beautiful! So many different variations and they are all lovely - it must be a really good pattern :D
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:24 am
by Rose
Both of these are wonderful. The colors on the black just jump out at you and Liz those colors are looking better and better with each up-date. :applesauce:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am
by Kezzy
Those colours are lovely and the more that is stitched, the more they come together. :applesauce:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:04 am
by RosemaryH
Absolutely loving everyones versions of this project.

Rosemary

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:10 am
by Murmured
Everyone's looking great! It's almost hard to believe that they are the same pattern! Simple fabric and colour choice can make such a difference. Well done! :applesauce: :D

I finally started on mine yesterday, and I'm powering through it, hopefully I can get it done by about Wednesday.

I'm really enjoying this, especially because I'm trying out some silks for the first time. My light green is is a lovely silk I got from Pengwenn, and I just love how soft and shiny it is! It's wonderful to stitch with, I just love the way it looks. I'm also doing the medium shade of green in a half silk half wool mix (also thanks to Pengwenn). I'm really enjoying the chance to try out some new and different threads!

I chose the colours myself, and also changed two of the ones she provided for us, I changed the yellow/beige shades to two shades of caramel/brown because I'm stitching on yellow and wanted all the colours to be visible. I'm stitching on yellow Zweigart 32ct Belfast Linen. I'm also going to leave the beads off until I've finished the whole thing.
Image

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:56 pm
by coffee_freak
:applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:50 pm
by Kezzy
I have finished part 1 :dance: except for the beads which I am leaving until the whole project is stitched due to the fact that I think they will get in the way of my frame.

I have really enjoyed stitching this, especially trying out new stitches. I did try to take a close up of the different stitches but picture came out blurry (I'm having to use old camera which is not as good but new one broken :( ).

Image

I'm new to all this adding pictures to threads so hope it comes out okay!!

Can't wait for Part 2 to come out now!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:40 pm
by mags
These are all looking so wonderful, well done. :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:24 pm
by Rose
These are so beautiful. I love the softness of the yellow that looks great.

Kezzy the greens look great!!!!

All of you are doing wonderful :applesauce:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:24 pm
by agi
They are all so beautiful! Well done, ladies :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:53 pm
by coffee_freak
me too!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:21 pm
by Murmured
I really like the turquoise metallic Kezzy, such a different and vibrant colour. It looks great!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:45 pm
by ~threadbear~
These are gorgeous! It makes me want to get on with mine right now, but of course, I can't yet. :lol:

Love the colours and it's great to see one in different stitches as well Kezzy. Did you find them difficult?

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:14 am
by coffee_freak
ohh i looove your colors Kezzy! :applesauce:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:16 pm
by Busy_B
They look great Murmured and Kezzy! :applesauce: :applesauce:

I'm hoping to have mine done today. Mr. :ribbit: sat on my frame all day yesterday. I don't know how many times I had to take something out...after I had finished the thread and moved onto another color. :x I only have the metallic left so hopefully I can get it done between doing all of the laundry.

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:57 pm
by Kezzy
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments :wub: .

I went for the turquoise metallic as I just fell in love with it when I saw it on the website I was ordering the other materials from.

Threadbear I didn't find them too difficult at all, the instructions were really easy to follow - I think someone else is doing the speciality stitches one too but can't remember who.

As I said previously, I can't wait to get started on the next part now not that I haven't got plenty to keep me going in between!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:14 pm
by Busy_B
Kezzy wrote:Threadbear I didn't find them too difficult at all, the instructions were really easy to follow - I think someone else is doing the speciality stitches one too but can't remember who.
I'm working on the speciality stitches, too. The directions are very clear. I did make a few minor changes though. I did the vines in only 1 thread instead of 2 because I thought it looked too bulky on my fabric. Despite Mr. :ribbit: hanging around all day yesterday (only on the easy parts, not the speciality stitches :roll: ), I finished the metallics today. Here's the first part of mine finished.

Image

Now maybe I can catch up with the English Garden SAL and work some more on the Kinkade project.

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:04 am
by Rose
:shock: Wow that looks so great!!!!!! :applesauce: :wub:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:52 am
by coffee_freak
:applesauce: :applesauce: