Page 7 of 7

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Some finishes and updates pg 6 3/29

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2026 11:52 pm
by fccs
Fabulous updates. I especially love the orange kitty.

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/2

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 6:44 am
by geekishly
Thanks everyone. I updated that picture that was mislinked. Not that it matters because I frogged half of it to swap out colors. (Both the pattern designer and I are test stitching it.)

Image

and a big update on mean girls.

Image

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/2

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2026 11:03 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Love the fabric!

On the other project, what is the significance of 3rd October? (For me it's my grandparents' wedding day in 1929 :-) )

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/2

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2026 3:22 am
by geekishly
In the movie Mean Girls it's the day the main character's crush asks her what day it is. :lol:

Oh and I forgot to answer about the ordeal of zigazig ah. It's a reference to The Spice Girls song "Wannabe" where there's a line in the refrain: "I wanna really, really, really wanna zig-a-zig, ah,"and the whole song is about becoming one of the girls' lover. But this isn't a standalone spice girls reference. It's a shitpost based on this bit from a nyt opinion piece
Years ago a friend of mine had a dream about a strange invention; a staircase you could descend deep underground, in which you heard recordings of all the things anyone had ever said about you, both good and bad. The catch was, you had to pass through all the worst things people had said before you could get to the highest compliments at the very bottom. There is no way I would ever make it more than two and a half steps down such a staircase, but I understand its terrible logic: if we want the rewards of being loved we have to submit to the mortifying ordeal of being known. -- Tim Kreider

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/2

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2026 12:41 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
That's quite profound - the being known bit, not the zig-a-zag bit :-)

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/2

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2026 4:16 am
by geekishly
Indeed!

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/30

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2026 12:07 pm
by geekishly
It's been a crazy month and I kept forgetting to come on here and update.

Mean girls
Image

Mothman Tamagotchi
Image

Inifinity Nikki, a video game I play released a frame pattern for fuse beads and I converted it to cross stitch and did it up on some plastic canvas.
Image

A little Ray Bradbury blackwork piece, pattern by Que Sera Stitches
Image

I got Needlelot's (Iris Kleinbussink) new book and started stitching The Spirit of Death from it.
Image

There's another project not pictured that I finished, but I'll share that in a couple weeks after my brother's birthday when he gets to see it.