Page 7 of 7
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 5:48 pm
by Serinde
Agree. We look very shiny! Cheers!
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2026 6:49 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Advocaat on the house! After a lot of faff I have finally got my Dutch passport renewal application in. It now needs to be sent to the Netherlands to be approved by the Ministry, and after a mere nine weeks (minimum) I should get my new passport.
Incidentally, I needed a print-out of my eVisa (proof of Settled Status) plus a time-sensitive Share Code which allows a designated official institution (in this case the Embassy or possibly the Ministry) to view it online. Why they need the print-out goodness knows, and why they need to know I have settled status in Britain in order to renew my Dutch passport is beyond me, but there it is.
So slightly subdued celebrations, as there is only a four-week gap between the earliest date for getting the passport and me travelling to the Netherlands.
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2026 6:58 pm
by mags
Ooh I will join you with the Advocaat (with lemonade and ice of course). Fingers crossed that it all happens in a timely fashion.
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 5:41 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Advocaat with lemonade and ice is a new one on me! I am used to seeing it served in a small glass with whipped cream on top, eaten with a tiny spoon

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 10:28 pm
by mags
Oh gosh never seen it like that before. Will have to give it a go.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 10:51 am
by Mabel Figworthy
What sort of consistency is your advocaat? Ours is like a rather thick custard. (Which is of course basically what it is, only made with alcohol

)
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 10:59 am
by mags
Thickish but I don't think thick custard.
It has to be Warninks.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 3:25 pm
by Serinde
Advocaat and lemonade was a thing in British pubs in the 1970/80s. Never appealed to me, sorry. But I will join all in hoping the authorities turn around your passport in good time.