Castles in the Air - SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Post Reply
User avatar
godzoned
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: Chch, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by godzoned »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
I have a blog: ArtyCrafty
Image
Currently working on: Fantasy lady
Debbie
User avatar
Krissy
Posts: 779
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:50 am
Location: Alabama
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Krissy »

That looks great!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
http://www.youravon.com/kristinabowser" target="_blank


Current WIPs:
Happily Ever After
Santa's Buddies Stocking
Crafter's Corner Stocking
Princesses
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by ~threadbear~ »

That looks lovely! The dark fabric gives a different look again. :)
:applesauce: :applesauce:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

Sooooo pretty :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Gosh, I don't visit the forum much for a couple of days and here are Castles in the Air being finished left right and centre! Wonderful work all of you :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: , I love the different colour combinations and it makes me itch to join! Wendy, I saw yours on the Papillon website yesterday before reading this thread, well done!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Midge
Posts: 2849
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:15 am
Location: Yorkshire UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Midge »

I'm going to start this as soon as my phoenix is complete.
I was hoping that I could do it on the silkweaver fabric that arrived last week but now I have the pattern, I haven't got a piece large enough so back to the drawing board.

All of these look so good, I can't believe how much they differ from each other just by thread/fabric choice.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
User avatar
charmagne_capalad
Posts: 6704
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Quezon City PHILIPPINES

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by charmagne_capalad »

Lovely progress, everyone! :applesauce: :wub: :applesauce: You're all doing great on this! :dance:
charmagne
Image
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

ty mabel! first time i've ever done anything like this...the design, sals like this, having my finish posted..so exciting!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
Busy_B
Posts: 6920
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: Indiana USA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Busy_B »

:dance: :dance: Yvonne put mine up in the gallery, too!
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

*runs off to look for BusyB's version in the Papillon gallery*

It looks great!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Kezzy
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Forest of Dean, UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Kezzy »

It looks great Busy B - your picture shows the stitches much clearer than my picture.

It is great comparing all of our pieces, they do all look different.

Mine's up in the gallery too, quite proud even though I do say so myself!

Best get on with my other projects now...... :)
2014 Finishes:
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd

WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler

Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
User avatar
agi
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by agi »

This is great, Busy_B! Well done :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
User avatar
Murmured
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:00 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Murmured »

I'm all finished!!
The colours don't come out that great in the photo, the fabric colour in particular.
At first when I started to work the corners, I was worried that some of my 'floral' colour choices may have been oppressively dark, but I convinced myself to continue and I'm happy with the end result.
I also nearly lost my mind with the metallic. I'm using a dmc metallic, which is a first for me, as previously I've only used kreinik, and I'm hating it. I've never really had any of the usual problems with metallics, until now. The dmc one frays rapidly, twists, knots and refuses to stay in one piece. It is horrible, but unfortunately I really like the gun-metal dark grey colour of it, so I'll probably stick with it.
Image
WIPS
Damask Rose Needlecase
Castles in the Air
I Stitch therefore I Stash

2012 finishes:
Max's Moon
User avatar
SusanF
Posts: 3136
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: Bedford, UK
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by SusanF »

I love the colours you have used and against the yellow background it looks superb. Well done :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
User avatar
Midge
Posts: 2849
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:15 am
Location: Yorkshire UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Midge »

It looks superb and I love the darker, more subdued colours you have picked. Have you tried the thread heaven on the DMC metallic? It does help soothe it's springy nature.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
User avatar
Murmured
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:00 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Murmured »

Midge wrote:Have you tried the thread heaven on the DMC metallic? It does help soothe it's springy nature.
No I haven't, even though I had some basically sitting right next to me. I usually tend to avoid using it because I find it leaves something of a residue on the threads, but it may be worth it in this case, to keep me from pulling my hair out!! :lol:
I'll give it a try when the next piece comes out, hopefully it can make a difference.
WIPS
Damask Rose Needlecase
Castles in the Air
I Stitch therefore I Stash

2012 finishes:
Max's Moon
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

Beautiful Murmured, love your colour choices :applesauce:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by RosemaryH »

Such lovely colours, so effective together and they give a richness in a subtle way which is so hard to achieve.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
User avatar
Jilly
Posts: 6606
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:55 am
Location: Slap bang in the middle of Wales

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Jilly »

:wub: these are all so beautiful :applesauce: :applesauce:
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The colours work beautifully together, Murmured, but I'm sorry you're having such a struggle with the metallics -- any chance of finding a Kreinik which is suitably similar and using that for the remainder?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Post Reply