Love that etsy shop but will stay away from it.
Carole's 2015 & 2016 WIPs
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
Just the right frame for that lovely box sampler. Well Done, great framing.
Love that etsy shop but will stay away from it.
Love that etsy shop but will stay away from it.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
I've wanted a Maine Coon for years so I'm really excited about getting Frodorichardandtracy wrote:Oh. Cat. Kitten. Want.
Our youngest, Ozzie, is now heading towards his third birthday and is growing up. Skeleton is full size, so he's our biggest cat by far, but he still has a lot of muscle to put on. He's typically Maine Coon & is hopelessly adorable.
Just like Frodo.
Cat. Kitten.
Want.
Regards,
Richard.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
I got the cat one - obviouslyrcperryls wrote:Lovely frame for a lovely sampler!! Good progress on Precious Dreams too!
Which charts did you choose from that adorable Etsy website? I couldn't look too long or one or two could have hopped into my basket![]()
Carole
Plus a couple of the cities - New York and San Francisco.
Once I've done those, I may go back for more of the cities. I have visions of a wall of Pretty Little Cities. Wouldn't that look lovely?
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
Oooooo, I like that idea! Do it!Carole wrote: I have visions of a wall of Pretty Little Cities. Wouldn't that look lovely?
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
That frame looks wonderful with your sampler!!!!! What a bargain for a fantastic finish!!!!!

If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
Love the things you made. The frame suits that one & it is good to get frames form charity shops. That's where I get mine but yours are cheaper than around here Well done. That kitten is just so gorgeous. Bet you can't wait to get it. Has it a name yet & boy or girl? You will just love having it. I am sure it will want to help with your stitching

Edit: just taken another look & realised Miss Peepers is reading a book, made me chuckle
Edit: just taken another look & realised Miss Peepers is reading a book, made me chuckle
lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
The new kitten is called Frodo, it's a boy, and I just bet he'll want to help with my stitchinglavenderbee wrote:Love the things you made. The frame suits that one & it is good to get frames form charity shops. That's where I get mine but yours are cheaper than around here Well done. That kitten is just so gorgeous. Bet you can't wait to get it. Has it a name yet & boy or girl? You will just love having it. I am sure it will want to help with your stitching![]()
![]()
![]()
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
I've been working on an older one that's been fished out of the UFO box. Remember this one?

That's where I left it when it got abandoned with two and a bit pages done. I've had a good go at it and have now finished page three.

It feels really odd stitching Lewis in a McLaren while watching him race in a Mercedes, but I'm not going to frog it and change the car details at this stage
I shall be stitching this later today, while I watch Lewis racing in Bahrain

That's where I left it when it got abandoned with two and a bit pages done. I've had a good go at it and have now finished page three.

It feels really odd stitching Lewis in a McLaren while watching him race in a Mercedes, but I'm not going to frog it and change the car details at this stage
I shall be stitching this later today, while I watch Lewis racing in Bahrain
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
This is awesome!!!!!!!!

If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
Yes it is. I'm hoping to finish it this timercperryls wrote: Is this moving back into the WIP pile now?
Carole
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
Great to see it again and you have made a really good restart on it too.

Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
I've had a setback with the Hamilton stitch. I've done it before but noticed before doing much. This time I've done loads - all in the wrong colour. The threads come pre-sorted on a printed card, which is great. But, the colours are shown by small boxes down the side with the symbols next to them. One of the symbols is a small box...
Yup, I keep picking up the wrong colour for the box symbol as I see one of the colour boxes, which are the same size, and think it's that one. A design flaw in the printed card methinks, but you'd think I'd know not to do it after the first few times
I need to frog it, but it's all confetti, so it's tracking it all down. So, I did what any sensible person would do and stitched something else while I was sulking about it - the African Sampler.

I've gone with the pale green fabric that popped through my letterbox at just the right time - Thank you Wendywombat
There's quite a bit of backstitch, so I'm doing that as I go along. This panel was a bit fiddly to do, not because of the stitching, which was great fun, but because it's the centre panel so it goes across all four pages. I had bits of paper everywhere, juggling pages to see where I was going next
None of the other bits go over all four pages though, just two of them, so it won't be as fiddly from now on.
Yup, I keep picking up the wrong colour for the box symbol as I see one of the colour boxes, which are the same size, and think it's that one. A design flaw in the printed card methinks, but you'd think I'd know not to do it after the first few times
I need to frog it, but it's all confetti, so it's tracking it all down. So, I did what any sensible person would do and stitched something else while I was sulking about it - the African Sampler.

I've gone with the pale green fabric that popped through my letterbox at just the right time - Thank you Wendywombat
There's quite a bit of backstitch, so I'm doing that as I go along. This panel was a bit fiddly to do, not because of the stitching, which was great fun, but because it's the centre panel so it goes across all four pages. I had bits of paper everywhere, juggling pages to see where I was going next
None of the other bits go over all four pages though, just two of them, so it won't be as fiddly from now on.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
I am glad that you decided to be sensible and do some beautiful stitching rather than just sulk and feel sorry for yourself. Its good when something so beautiful is the result.Carole wrote:I need to frog it, but it's all confetti, so it's tracking it all down. So, I did what any sensible person would do and stitched something else while I was sulking about it - the African Sampler.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
Sorry to hear about the intense frogging that needs to be done, but I love your African sampler! And lovely fabric choice.
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
Oh this is just lovely!!!!!!
I am sorry that the
has made a show on your other project. 
I am sorry that the
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th April
I agree!!!rcperryls wrote:I am glad that you decided to be sensible and do some beautiful stitching rather than just sulk and feel sorry for yourself. Its good when something so beautiful is the result.Carole wrote:I need to frog it, but it's all confetti, so it's tracking it all down. So, I did what any sensible person would do and stitched something else while I was sulking about it - the African Sampler.
Carole
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 25th April
Sorry to hear about the thread mix up. So annoying for you to say the least. I love the small one, it is cute 
lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 25th April
Just looked through all of this thread... How have you done so much in such a short time?! I love the owl and the book, something I never knew existed! And that kitten, just too adorable!
Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 25th April
Your kitten is absolutely adorable. And your stitching is brilliant too!
Liz
WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo
UFO
HAED storykeep
2014 finishes
Parent's garden
WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo
UFO
HAED storykeep
2014 finishes
Parent's garden