Page 9 of 10
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2026 3:16 am
by fccs
Richard,
Ozzie’s routine is exactly like Jackson’s.
Serinde,
Jackson’s litter box is in the guest bath so when I have guests, he feels like he has to join them in the bathroom. He doesn’t understand personal boundaries obviously.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2026 10:37 am
by richardandtracy
Just so long as Jackson doesn't come in through the window unexpectedly, sit at the end of the bath and then start fishing for toes...
I know it sounds a bit specific, but it's one of the things mentioned in
A Cat Called Birmingham or its sequel
'You can take the cat out of Slough'. Can I suggest you read the Kindle samples available, just perfect examples of the cat's stupidity.
Regards,
Richard
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2026 8:23 pm
by fccs
I am off to Amazon now to find the book.

Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 7:58 am
by richardandtracy
I did laugh so much I nearly cried with the first one.
Hope you enjoy it too.
Regards,
Richard
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2026 1:51 pm
by Roland
I see you’ve redecorated while I was gone.
I have been busy following various doctor’s orders, many of which seem to contradict each other. I now qualify for WheelTrans, wheelchair parking, and disability tax deduction. Yay me.
Stitching is difficult, but so far I am keeping up with it, slowly and taking more breaks than I want.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2026 8:15 am
by richardandtracy
Roland, so glad you're back.
Sounds as if you've had a pretty rough time. Possibly you need a tipple over at the Stash & Grab - guaranteed not to react with any medications.
Here. Wonder of wonders, we have wet stuff falling from the sky. We've only had a couple of thunderstorms since the start of June. Otherwise it's been wall-wall sun. Don't know how those in hot regions can cope.
Regards,
Richard
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2026 9:30 am
by Mabel Figworthy
We're having rain too, it's wonderful!
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:40 pm
by Serinde
Good to see you, Roland, but sorry about all the assorted difficulties. I hope the travel issues are helped by WheelTrans. We have something similar here, but my older friends find it frustrating because they are often waiting for their lift home because of the time slots. Still, very useful.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2026 9:24 pm
by Roland
So far I’ve not had to wait to long for pick-ups. But even if I do…I bring my own seat.
I have a medical appointment this week. I always book to arrive about 15 minutes early. The appointment is booked for 15 minutes, however, I spoke with receptionist and she recommended I plan to be an extra 30 minutes because he’s just returning from vaycay and likely to be behind, even though I’m an early appointment. Since I am refusing the treatment he previously gave me, we need to discuss options, and that might mean seeing an additional doctor, so I’ve added another additional 30 minutes.
However, it’s worth it because it’s the price of bus fair, with door-to-door service, and I don’t have to book around DH’s availability to drive me.
I hope I don’t have to return for the treatment though. They do a test twice before doing the actual procedure, which I think means three trips, so I’d like this week to found as the first.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 12:02 am
by fccs
richardandtracy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2026 10:37 am
Can I suggest you read the Kindle samples available, just perfect examples of the cat's stupidity.
Regards,
Richard
I read the Kindle samples and “bought” both books. (The quotes are because I had enough Kindle points to get them both free. I’ll be reading them on my vacation which starts a week from tomorrow.)
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 12:33 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
I got them both second-hand and have started on the first one. Several guffaws already.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 5:53 pm
by Roland
Saw something yesterday that made me sad.
A family got out of their car to go into Walmart. The youngest was a girl about 8, maybe 9, walking at the back of the group. She grabbed the front of her shirt, at the chest, and pulled it out, when it fell back straight, she pulled it out a bit further, so it stayed out a bit, kind of folded over. Then went with her family to shop.
What makes such a young girl want to look like she has boobs? It’s not what it actually looked like, but I’m certain, in her mind it did.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 8:00 am
by richardandtracy
fccs wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2026 12:02 am
richardandtracy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2026 10:37 am
Can I suggest you read the Kindle samples available, just perfect examples of the cat's stupidity.
Regards,
Richard
I read the Kindle samples and “bought” both books. (The quotes are because I had enough Kindle points to get them both free. I’ll be reading them on my vacation which starts a week from tomorrow.)
That's great.
I do hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Regards,
Richard
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 8:09 am
by richardandtracy
Mabel Figworthy wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2026 12:33 pm
I got them both second-hand and have started on the first one. Several guffaws already.
Oh that's good. If I hadn't been associated with a very odd cat myself, I wouldn't have credited Brum, or any cat, with those abilities. However, having had 'Albert' (my avatar cat), I can believe everything.
Our recovering patient, Toby, is getting better and starting to feel very constrained by being kept in two rooms and then being put back in his cage when he gets too bouncy. Anyway, he's made a number of bids to escape, and over the weekend managed to do so. He dashed through the house out of the back door and under the patio table at a sprint. We cornered him there and..
He had a Vole in his mouth!!!!
In the 2 seconds he'd been out, sprinting from the back door to the patio table, he'd caught a Vole. HOW?!?! It was still alive and as we picked Toby up, it escaped to be caught another day maybe.
Regards,
Richard.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 1:48 am
by Roland
Has anyone ever tried fingertipless gloves for stitching?
I’m wondering if compression and/or copper gloves would ease pain in my hands.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 7:57 am
by richardandtracy
I haven't used compression gloves, but I have used white fingertip-less gloves to reduce marking & grubbiness on the fabric. It largely worked, but I fell out of the habit once I wore the gloves out.
I imagine compression gloves would work pretty well.
Regards,
Richard
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 8:17 am
by Steam.Jo
All the talk about the Bayeux tapestry in the media made me think it must be online somewhere. And it is it is here:
https://www.bayeuxmuseum.com/en/the-bay ... re-online/
Its a bit holey
Jo
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 10:39 am
by Mabel Figworthy
It's an amazing achievement, this digital version, you can really zoom in on the details.
Apparently the British Museum has a
competition for children to create/design the missing last part of the tapestry, but not include war - it has to depict "a better tomorrow"
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 12:27 pm
by richardandtracy
I like the idea of a no-war tomorrow, but experience should tell us it's not going to happen, not this year, not this century. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst is a much more sensible attitude to teach the kids.
Regards,
Richard
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:54 am
by Serinde
Have to agree with you, Richard. The human condition, and all that.
Suspect the original end of the tapestry would have been of William's coronation, which isn't martial, exactly...? Hasn't some group actually stitched what they thought would be the finish of the tapestry?