Jo, always good to have an excuse to show a bit of leg
Jo's Stitching 2024
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
Mary Corbet is a great fan of them, I know, but I haven't tried them yet - too difficult to get hold of
. I like Kreinik's #4 braid and Rainbow Gallery's Petite Treasure braid (which is strongly suspect are actually the same thing branded differently) which I've always found very well-behaved.
Jo, always good to have an excuse to show a bit of leg
Jo, always good to have an excuse to show a bit of leg
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
Just finished her hair for her:

I've started on the metallic thread bits. But it is not fun. I thought about doing the fancy stitches in the border area to give me a break from it only to discover they are all done with metallic threads
Jo

I've started on the metallic thread bits. But it is not fun. I thought about doing the fancy stitches in the border area to give me a break from it only to discover they are all done with metallic threads
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
I wonder what a fairy's hairdresser is like? They all seem to have such lovely hairdos!
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
The coiffure makes all the difference to a fairy 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
This one seems to have come along quickly. The colours are beautiful.
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
I completely agree. I also agree that metallics can be a pain, but I have to remind myself to slow down when using them.Roland wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2024 5:45 pm This one seems to have come along quickly. The colours are beautiful.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
The main picture is complete and I have started the back stitching:

There is still the large stitches, with more metallics
, to go in the border area. Then I need to get on with some other hobbies
Jo

There is still the large stitches, with more metallics
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
Beautiful.
It's sort of reassuring to the rest of us mortals that your Turbo Needles need recharging now and again.
It's sort of reassuring to the rest of us mortals that your Turbo Needles need recharging now and again.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
It is so delicate! Looking forward to seeing the effect of the metallics.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
Sadly her wings and dress are covered with Krinek metallic pearl and the camera doesn't show how it glistens.
Jo
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
She's lovely.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
I'm working on the final bit: the decoration around the edge.

There is more metallic thread to go in here
Jo

There is more metallic thread to go in here
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
Looking beautiful!
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
All finished:

I will look to take all 6 outside and photograph them in natural light so you can see their true colours.
Jo

I will look to take all 6 outside and photograph them in natural light so you can see their true colours.
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
Congratulations! She’s stunning.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
Thank you Debby, I have enjoyed doing these and I am trying not to be tempted into starting one of TW's other pieces I have in my stash.
I am hoping some more of the members will be, like Mabel, showing off their stitching progress over the coming months as I have a bit of catching up on other chores to do
Jo
I am hoping some more of the members will be, like Mabel, showing off their stitching progress over the coming months as I have a bit of catching up on other chores to do
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
That frame sets it oof beautlfully, great finish!
I should be posting a little update on my Canvaswork soon....
I should be posting a little update on my Canvaswork soon....
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
I've failed miserably to take pics of the 6 fairies due to the awful weather. I have managed one chore and have remounted a cupboard door in my kitchen that got damaged by damp and I have been repairing it slowly over the last 6 weeks. One chore done so the next thing is to:
Say THANK YOU to Wendy who generously send me a piece of quaker fabric. It is a lovely bit of cloth and not something I have seen people use this side of the pond so I felt it was ideal for a couple of pieces this first from Rosewood Manor and the second by Maggie Gee Embrodiery. The third piece also by Maggie won't fit on the remaining scrap
It is long and narrow so I have mounded it sideways on on a small frame:

Each little motif is easy, no mixed threads so can be done as quickies while I am avoiding my chores
Jo
Say THANK YOU to Wendy who generously send me a piece of quaker fabric. It is a lovely bit of cloth and not something I have seen people use this side of the pond so I felt it was ideal for a couple of pieces this first from Rosewood Manor and the second by Maggie Gee Embrodiery. The third piece also by Maggie won't fit on the remaining scrap
It is long and narrow so I have mounded it sideways on on a small frame:

Each little motif is easy, no mixed threads so can be done as quickies while I am avoiding my chores
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
Chore avoiding is what needlework is great for 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Jo's Stitching 2024
Its looking like stitching weather this weekend:

Jo

Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine