Page 10 of 10
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 7:25 pm
by geekishly
hello! I am back again! Sorry I haven't been around the last few months. Things got wildly busy for a bit as I was helping some stitchy friends I met on a stitching discord server create the new craft marketplace fybe. and also went and did a month of pet-sitting in August for my brother and his wife while they went on a cruise. I've also been stitching up a storm.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 9:23 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Sounds like an extremely productive time away!
A craft marketplace you say? Tell us more....
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 2:50 am
by geekishly
It's a competitor to etsy because that site has been overrun with AI patterns that don't make what they depict. So we decided to make our own platform where real crafters can sell their real art. We started out planning to just be cross stitch and then decided to open up to any kind of human made art.
https://fybe.art
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 9:49 am
by richardandtracy
I do hope it goes well for everyone.
I used to like trawling ETSY looking at custom fountain pens, but started to see a lot of supposedly 'handcrafted' stuff that was obviously machine made by the thousand (Brands like 'Moonman' - perfectly good pens, but it's a large Chinese Brand, not handcrafted) and that's when I largely gave up even trawling.
Regards,
Richard
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 1:06 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Just tried the link and my antivirus software is throwing a wobbly - I realise it's a false positive but it may put people off. Is there anything the website builders can do about it?
Here is the error message, and it actually won't let me circumvent it and say "go there anyway".
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to fybe.art. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 3:19 pm
by Serinde
Had a look, and it all worked fine. Saw something I might get, too! Good for you, in the face of AI.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 6:53 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Managed to look at it in a different browser. Interesting, I may well give it a try as Etsy is getting impossible.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:56 am
by geekishly
Mabel Figworthy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2026 1:06 pm
Just tried the link and my antivirus software is throwing a wobbly - I realise it's a false positive but it may put people off. Is there anything the website builders can do about it?
Here is the error message, and it actually won't let me circumvent it and say "go there anyway".
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to fybe.art. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.
We're aware, and have been filing reports with the anti-viruses throwing false positives, but it still hasn't been fixed. We're hoping that with increased traffic and actual sales happening it will remove the false flag.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 11:01 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Glad to hear it's in hand. Seriously looking into joining - my Etsy shop has been closed for over a month because I can't get my head around some of the demands they place on sellers now!
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 11:02 am
by Mabel Figworthy
oooh, just tried it again in the browser that gave the error before, and it's working - result!
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:47 pm
by richardandtracy
No photos, but I am going to try to get some soon, but our 1 year old Maine Coon Toby is getting better, 8 weeks after his leg repair. He is now being released into parts of the rest of the house to cause chaos.
We lifted our divan bed to find what the cats had pushed under it a couple of weeks ago. There were 23 ballpoint pens and three pencils. Ho hum.
Regards
Richard
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 3:19 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
What literate felines you have
Glad to hear he is so much improved.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2026 4:26 pm
by richardandtracy
I was pleased that they obviously care more about Fountain Pens and don't push any of those under the bed.
Regards,
Richard
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2026 2:36 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Putting kits together for Knit + Stitch:

Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2026 5:48 pm
by Serinde
Labour of love.
Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 1:48 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
A young friend of mine went for a job interview and got the job at least partly because on her CV she mentioned cross stitch as a hobby - it convinced them that she would be good at (and have the patience for) fiddly assembly stuff

Re: 2026 Quick Daily Posts
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:22 am
by Serinde
How very interesting! And congratulations to her, of course.